Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not sure if germans, hopefully this guy is right
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Not sure if germans, hopefully this guy is right

Mar 23, 2020, 1:02 PM

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-03-22/coronavirus-outbreak-nobel-laureate

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

He's no tech blogger***

Mar 23, 2020, 1:06 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, but if it's not coming from an authoritative figure

Mar 23, 2020, 1:18 PM

such as the HOA president of a cookie-cutter middle-class neighborhood, then I'm not trusting the information.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Dear Residents, Our continued prayers go out to all

Mar 23, 2020, 1:45 PM

Impacted by the coronavirus. Let’s all stay safe and band together as a community. Oh yes, one other thing......be a dear and keep those refuse bins hidden out of sight behind your house or in an ARB-approved can enclosure. A pandemic is no reason to lower our standards!”

Sincerely,
Morning Mist HOA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great article....one of many poignant points

Mar 23, 2020, 1:28 PM

“But he also blames the media for causing unnecessary panic by focusing on the relentless increase in the cumulative number of cases and spotlighting celebrities who contract the virus. By contrast, the flu has sickened 36 million Americans since September and killed an estimated 22,000, according to the CDC, but those deaths are largely unreported.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if this is just like

Mar 23, 2020, 1:36 PM

or less than the flu. I tend to believe the scientists and epidemiologists though and am taking this serious. I hope you are right and this is all blown out of proportion. I don't think the media is to blame though, I think there is a legit concern with our hospitals getting overrun and people dying unnecessarily.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am taking it seriously as well and am positive that it is

Mar 23, 2020, 1:45 PM

worse than the flu. However I think people are getting overwhelmed by the numbers without understanding the data underneath. All we are focusing on is totals, total cases, total deaths. How many are over a certain age? How many are immuno-compromised? What is the death RATE, not just the total number of deaths? And so forth.....those numbers are out there but you have to go look for them. So yes, there is a panic out there and perhaps there shouldn't be. Or at least not to the level we are at right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

The fact that so few are getting tested means those

Mar 23, 2020, 1:47 PM

death rates are actually probably lower.

I agree with most of what you say, I just want to be able to buy some fuckin toilet paper.

And hamburger meat***

Mar 23, 2020, 1:59 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want my tiki bar back. It's warm outside again***

Mar 23, 2020, 2:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Found 1lb of burger and 4 ground turkey patties yesterday

Mar 23, 2020, 2:13 PM [ in reply to And hamburger meat*** ]

The burger probably cost me $10 cause it was some Laura's Lean Beef or some #### like that. Worth it.

So you were only able to find 1lb of burger?

Mar 23, 2020, 2:19 PM

Because I wouldn't even feed wild animals ground turkey.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh man, I like ground turkey. To each his own, though.

Mar 23, 2020, 2:57 PM

Works in chili, spaghetti, turkey burgers, etc. It aint ground beef, but it works.

You're wrong and now I hate you***

Mar 23, 2020, 3:02 PM

Wifeof went to Angles on Friday around lunch. Hardly no meat

Mar 23, 2020, 2:14 PM [ in reply to And hamburger meat*** ]

but they put out a 3 pounder of ground beef. I cooked the first pound last night. Normally ground beef is pretty tasty butt this was a bit different and bland.

lol jk it was delicious.

Panic-mongers on here ain’t gonna like this!***

Mar 23, 2020, 1:29 PM

Shut up old man!

Mar 23, 2020, 1:36 PM

I swear, if you interfere with me getting my stimulus money...

YOU AINT GETTIN NUTHIN!

Mar 23, 2020, 1:43 PM

If you made over $99k in 2019

2019 or 2018 based on last year's taxes?***

Mar 23, 2020, 1:46 PM

yeah, 2018***

NICE!***

Right.

Mar 23, 2020, 1:48 PM [ in reply to 2019 or 2018 based on last year's taxes?*** ]

And what if you made 10 times that, but didn't report have to any of it because it was all on illicit drug trade and black market weapons sales to third world countries?

$2400 is just a drop in the bucket for a man of your

Mar 23, 2020, 1:49 PM

ability to plunder booties

I'm going to apply for mine in singles.

Mar 23, 2020, 2:35 PM

Got wiping to do, you know.

I mean it's not rocket trivia, but this guy makes sense.

Mar 23, 2020, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Panic-mongers on here ain’t gonna like this!*** ]

Hopefully he's right.

Well, with China having 4 times our population, and we

Mar 23, 2020, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Panic-mongers on here ain’t gonna like this!*** ]

already have 50% of the cases China had, and Italy having oh, 4% of China's population, and is approaching China's total number of cases, with twice the deaths of China, there's a lot more here to look at other than watching numbers.

I agree this won't take years. No more than 3 months or so. We will burn to whatever extent we didn't prepare, in those 3 months. By July, maybe June, this thing will be declining one way or another. If you want to assume Italy is at its peak, which I think it is, we will peak in 16 days as well, with numbers roughly 6 times that of Italy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We can now clarify that this guy is not

Mar 23, 2020, 1:51 PM

Tiggity ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sylvia Browne predicted it would disappear as quickly as it

Mar 23, 2020, 2:19 PM

arrived

then come back 10 years later***

Mar 23, 2020, 2:23 PM

We'll be dead by then***

Mar 23, 2020, 2:32 PM

Not necessarily.

Mar 23, 2020, 2:37 PM

That's why we sacrifice to the Corn God based on a lottery.

Re: Not necessarily.

Mar 23, 2020, 2:38 PM

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic