Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ABC's broadcast on Saturday night was abysmal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

ABC's broadcast on Saturday night was abysmal

Sep 16, 2019, 4:15 PM

Overproduction and cut-aways completely irrelevant to the actual Football game were non-stop. Interviews in the stands or sidelines or crowd shots cut into the play. There were 2 critical penalties on separate drives that were never discussed, and one that wasn’t even acknowledged. I swear on the TD pass to Chalk called back for Holding- they never showed a single replay. I've never seen that. Of all the times to interview someone in the stands, they wait until the 1st play of the 2nd Half and do it live during play for 2:00 while the game broadcast goes to split-screen.

The camera angles were so bad, does anyone know if Tee Higgins actually grabbed the defender's facemask or just stiff-armed him with an open palm? I “It is not a foul if the facemask, chin strap or helmet opening is not grasped and then twisted, turned or pulled.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I think the camera angles may partly be due to

Sep 16, 2019, 4:19 PM

Syracuse's ###### dome

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah the camera angles were bad in the 2017 game too

Sep 16, 2019, 4:25 PM

Sean McDonough had no business broadcasting the game though. He just could not take his homer glasses off. Especially when contrasted with Kirk, who Ohio State fans accuse of overcompensating by being too critical.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Call me ambivalent, but I had no problem with McDonough

Sep 16, 2019, 4:56 PM

calling the game with the father of two Clemson football team members.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Call me ambivalent, but I had no problem with McDonough

Sep 16, 2019, 5:28 PM

Sean was ok. The interviews during the game are just ridiculous. The have plenty of time pregame and half time for that stuff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

his opinions sounded like a biased fan calling the game

Sep 16, 2019, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Call me ambivalent, but I had no problem with McDonough ]

Compared to Kirk

He was biased on almost every call in Syracuse’s favor

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, but other than the blatant homerism, he was totally

Sep 16, 2019, 5:48 PM

ambivalent

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ooo-kay....***

Sep 16, 2019, 7:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Call me ambivalent, but I had no problem with McDonough

Sep 17, 2019, 2:34 AM [ in reply to Call me ambivalent, but I had no problem with McDonough ]

I wondered about that, but Kirk acknowledged that both his sons have been redshirted this season.

I love Sean McDonough so I'm willing to give him a pass

Sep 17, 2019, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Yeah the camera angles were bad in the 2017 game too ]

He did slightly come off as a homer at times, but it wasn't awful.

In case anyone has forgotten he made one of the great TV calls in Clemson history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm4NJGx_w70

Video quality is atrocious, but you don't really need to see it anyway, just listen and enjoy.

This one wasnt too shabby either

Sep 17, 2019, 9:01 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPtVKOiQGO4

Re: I love Sean McDonough so I'm willing to give him a pass

Sep 17, 2019, 11:18 AM [ in reply to I love Sean McDonough so I'm willing to give him a pass ]

McDonough got so excited his voice cracked.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: ABC's broadcast on Saturday night was abysmal

Sep 16, 2019, 4:20 PM

You are just a joy to be around!
You were watching a game in the comfort of your home.
Really ???
I enjoyed the game

Sep 16, 2019, 4:33 PM

It was pretty poorly done. No excuse for not showing part of the game to do an interview. At least show a split screen.

Sep 16, 2019, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: ABC's broadcast on Saturday night was abysmal ]

Me too, I loved watching Cuse stick they’re chest out in the first half and get completely man handled still. Good times. GoTigs

.... You fell asleep, didn't you? Don't lie***

Sep 17, 2019, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Re: ABC's broadcast on Saturday night was abysmal ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Tee Higgins...

Sep 16, 2019, 4:21 PM

absolutely grabbed the defenders face mask.

The replay in the Dome clearly showed it.

As for the hold on Chalk's TD catch, I was looking downfield at the play developing so I never saw a hold. The Dome videoboard never showed a replay either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You've already outed yourself as a coot, no need to

Sep 16, 2019, 4:51 PM

keep digging this hole

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

It only took 18 years and nearly 47,000 posts.***

Sep 16, 2019, 5:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Get past 40K and you're a threat... GWP saw what happened

Sep 16, 2019, 7:54 PM

to bob... He's started building his defenses early just in case... Speaking of cases, I wonder how his ambulance chasing is going.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You were only off by ~28,000 posts, I mean, you didn't

Sep 16, 2019, 7:58 PM [ in reply to It only took 18 years and nearly 47,000 posts.*** ]

even have to do any math to get the number correct.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

it's a ballgame on TV. Modern miracle and you complain? :)***

Sep 16, 2019, 4:30 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Sep 16, 2019, 4:32 PM

Their coot level coverage is why I just bought two ticket to the game this weekend.

Sep 16, 2019, 4:50 PM

I was thinking the same thing. +1 to you for the confirmation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Clear some space on your DVR

Sep 16, 2019, 4:52 PM

Cade Stewart's block on Chalk's TD was questionable. He hooked his guy, but it didn't warrant a flag.

Higgins got his fingers in the facemask. Got no problem with that one.

Can't find a personal foul on the kickoff. I'm still wondering what that call was.

I'm fine with "feel good" stories. We've had a few of them. Daniel Rodriguez comes to mind. ABC'S job is to get ratings...they will try to appeal to the non-football fan every chance they get.

I agree with your sentiment, but I understand the other side. Just DVR it. You can make your own broadcast.

In what way will the DVR help? Will it magically show the

Sep 16, 2019, 5:07 PM

action on the field instead of their cut away?

The OP had faults with the broadcast. I make my own broadcast***

Sep 16, 2019, 5:15 PM

Congratulations, you have successfully addressed NONE of his

Sep 16, 2019, 5:47 PM

valid complaints.

Did the ABC broadcast not show every play?***

Sep 16, 2019, 5:30 PM [ in reply to In what way will the DVR help? Will it magically show the ]

do you count the multiple plays where they cut back in AFTER

Sep 16, 2019, 5:45 PM

the ball was snapped?

It really was substandard...Almost like the actual game was

Sep 16, 2019, 5:03 PM

an afterthought at a ######## party for Syracuse alums in sports media

100%. Some of us Clemson fans actually care about the game.

Sep 17, 2019, 12:26 AM

Imagine that

Best Is The Standard

It was constant Syracuse sap stories ***

Sep 16, 2019, 5:16 PM

Sep 16, 2019, 5:18 PM

I felt the exact same. Very poor. In addition, the sheer number of commercials is enough to drive you to turn it off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The camera angles were poor. The special interest interviews

Sep 16, 2019, 5:38 PM

Took way too long.

I couldn’t believe they spent time talking about cuse journalism school.

Sep 16, 2019, 7:23 PM

They even had photos of media folks that graduated. The audience tuned in to see football. Not that ??.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2019, 7:47 PM

Oh no, not a few interviews that take about one minute each during a 41-6 blowout. I don’t recall missing a single play in the game myself.

Sep 17, 2019, 12:48 AM

Then you didn't watch much of it. At one point their side story had the viewers miss and entire offensive series.

There are enough breaks in a football game to get all that crap in without missing plays.

Sep 16, 2019, 7:52 PM

I had no issues with the announcers, but the production quality was awful and the human interest crap was absurd. I was expecting to hear about a kid with a tummy ache during a TD pass at any moment. ESPN proper does a far better job all around if you can stand their "personalities."

It was an attempt to revive Syracuse and make them relevant

Sep 16, 2019, 7:59 PM

again... Everybody has to decide that validity for themselves... I'm sure it was an important time for McDonough...

Re: It was an attempt to revive Syracuse and make them relevant

Sep 16, 2019, 8:24 PM

McDonough's homerism was ok. He announced it early and was just proud of his university. If he would have touted himself as being an objective expert, well that would be another story.

Sep 17, 2019, 1:10 AM

I watched the SkyCam feed on ESPN3. It was the most real feed

Sep 17, 2019, 6:15 AM

Never used that option, do you not miss any snaps using that view? How about all the other "stuff" the regular broadcasting channel shows, does it skip that stuff too?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll admit that I opened this post rolling my eyes, but...

Sep 17, 2019, 3:23 AM

The interviews were I'll timed and they did do a very poor job with allowing it to overtake the actual play of the game. I was frustrated with that at the time..
Announcers were fine..
Just the lack of replays and game time bc of interviews was bad.

That said, I woulda forgotten already and just remembered a primetime national tv Tiger whooping ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 17, 2019, 7:44 AM

I never do this but I muted the sound after the first quarter. Agree 100%.

I wanted to watch the game. Show the human-interest stories pre-game, halftime and post-game.

This is my theory on all of the Cuse human interest stories

Sep 17, 2019, 8:44 AM

ABC announced this primetime matchup way back in May. At the time they probably thought they were getting, at the very least, a top 25 matchup of 2-0 teams. Then Cuse goes to Maryland last week and gets absolutely boat raced. The ABC execs are probably panicking knowing that Cuse is likely to get steamrolled by Clemson during their marquee time slot the following weekend. There's nothing that they can do about that at this point - it's far too late to move another game into that time slot - so they begin scrambling for all kinds of filler content to air during a game that's likely to be boring and extremely one-sided.

Do you think they anticipated Syr getting pantsed and

Sep 17, 2019, 10:49 AM

set up a lot of fill stories, perhaps?

McDonough is the best PBP guy in college football. Everything was fine except for the interviews in the stands while the game is going on. I always hate those no matter who it is.

I was curious about the hold that called back Chalk's td. Based on the rest of the calls, I'd guess it was technically correct but ticky tack.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic