Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you're on the edge of the cliff already.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,651

Apr 8, 2017, 6:13 PM

Step back and breathe. Keep a few things in mind:

1) You're reacting to watching the "beta" version of this team with limited play calls to prevent other teams from getting tape on our schemes, making it easier for the defense to attack (remember, we have other guys who don't get here until the summer as well).

2) The depth chart was split right down the middle so you saw some struggles on the O-line against the D-line (should be zero surprise here).

3) 4 QBs splitting snaps, 2 centers actually snapping the ball, and all have minimum or 0 real game experience with each other. Not a perfect day by any means on the snap exchanges, but will get better with time.

4) This was the 3rd scrimmage of the spring. This was also after the 15 or so spring practices. Not everyone had a great day today, but had better days at points of the mentioned scrimmages and practices. Spring ball is not just about the spring game. You have to include the entire picture, which we as fans have seen only the spring game. That's it.

5) Did you really think that our offense, who has new starters at QB, HB, TE, Center, and the main WR spot was going to be clicking perfectly against our defense? Don't be stupid.

And last but not least.......

6) Go watch the film from today and focus on certain positions (it's already available for replay on Watch ESPN. I'm watching it now.) Not everything watched in real time was as it appeared. Relax, we have a long way to go til fall camp gets here, and that's a lot of summer workouts and individual workouts as well. I expect to hear about our centers and QBs working on their exchanges over the summer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good lowered, who's on a ledge? I saw some really good

Apr 8, 2017, 6:20 PM

things today. To be honest it was better then expected. Our QB upside is tremendous. RB's look really good and Feaster is almost there. That D is nasty. Secondary looked great. If you left today feeling bad you don't know much about football.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Exactly***

Apr 8, 2017, 6:22 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good lowered, who's on a ledge? I saw some really good

Apr 8, 2017, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Good lowered, who's on a ledge? I saw some really good ]

The offensive line was split up against a defensive line that there's practically no dropoff from 1's to 3's. There was little time for any QB to do much in the pocket. Cooper or Johnson will be starting QB by game 4. The defense will be the pillar of the team and around game 6 or 7 these guys will be clicking. Not sure we're in for another playoff run this year but 10 wins aren't out of the question

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you're on the edge of the cliff already.....

Apr 8, 2017, 6:28 PM

Yep some of these sky is falling morons are flat out pathetic

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

If our O can score in the teens against our D

Apr 8, 2017, 6:28 PM

then it's safe to say we can put at least 28 on everybody else we play. 1 turnover and 1 good special teams play per game and put that total up to 42.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2017, 7:05 PM

go ahead and jump 'cause you must be a dirtpecker.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,651
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic