Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm getting tired of these games not being on television
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I'm getting tired of these games not being on television

Jan 15, 2015, 9:07 PM

i can't remember a time where tv games were this scarce. Is it because the league has expanded? Syracuse, Virginia, Louisville?? these are our big games and they're all online only?? Sucks man. I don't understand it. I get games like fsu or bc being online but these are all big time opponents and i'm having to find it on a computer instead of on televisoin? I'm in charlotte, i'm guessing its being shown in greenville and in sc on the upn channel or something but here i've got to see the Pitt and UNC game and thats it.

I know we're not great but i always want to watch the Tigers play. I went to every game as a student during the Shyatt years so this is like the dynasty era compared to then. I never even missed the Radford or High Point games back then. so i hope they don't keep us in the dark in tv land as far as clemson is concerned.

Anybody got the scoop? Are we screwed until Purnell comes back and we get back in the top 20?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm getting tired of these games not being on television

Jan 15, 2015, 9:10 PM

Sadly we just don't draw any ratings right now. Nobody really outside of die hard fans is watching clemson basketball, and all of the big networks would rather show higher ranked match ups going on usually at the same time.

However here in the upstate most of our games are on wmya, but I'm not sure how far out that extends into North Carolina and such.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

guess i see your point but cuse, uva, and louisville bring

Jan 15, 2015, 9:18 PM

ratings. They used to still be on tv most of the time though. if it wasn't on espn or foxsports it was on sportssouth or the local wmya/upn channels... my guess is our foxsports contract is null and we just don't have that option anymore. which sucks....greed ruins sports...all the way around.

Re: guess i see your point but cuse, uva, and louisville bring

Jan 15, 2015, 9:31 PM

You must have a different wmya than me here in clemson, we've been on there for the UVA and Louisville games

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God help you.......the wolves are coming.........***

Jan 15, 2015, 9:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And yet, every game from the terrible SEC is on***

Jan 15, 2015, 9:13 PM

Saturday there are two games at 4 p.m.

Jan 15, 2015, 9:42 PM

The game you get depends on where you are located. Both Louisville and Virginia games were on in the GSP area.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2015, 10:06 PM

No one to blame more than Swofford, and that is the truth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2015, 10:58 PM

Nm

Jan 16, 2015, 12:44 AM

Oh well, guess I'll just use the Youtube app on my Smart TV, pull up Tigerray, and have it On Demand anytime I want (then with a simple Optical Cable from TV to my receiver, I get full sound to my surround sound)...hint hint on another way if you have a Smart TV.

Live feeds through YouTube?

Jan 16, 2015, 8:06 AM

YouTube is usually prerecorded stuff. He does live feeds through YouTube? I have a computer but I didn't know you could run live feeds of games unless it was some foreign site with massive amounts of virus and hackerware.

Or are you talking about all if his recorded stuff?

Jan 16, 2015, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm getting tired of these games not being on television ]

I certainly have a smart TV, and its way smarter than me. I also have Xbox 360 and Xbox one connected to the smart TV that also has youtube. But none of it is idiot proof, and that creates a problem for me;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

your 4 inch, $500 phone is 1000 times smarter than your

Jan 16, 2015, 8:27 AM

60 inch $1000 smart tv.

F u Samsung. .f u.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

your 4 inch, $500 phone is 1000 times smarter than your

Jan 16, 2015, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm getting tired of these games not being on television ]

60 inch $1000 smart tv.

F u Samsung. .f u.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 16, 2015, 8:03 AM

I can get them on computer plus the w ay we sometimes play they aren't worth watching

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ratings

Jan 16, 2015, 9:17 AM

with the state of the program Clemson BB is not going to bring enough ratings to compete for prime slots with the top ACC teams or other top 25 games playing nationally in the same time slot. Even playing Lville or Virginia, the lack of Clemson fans tuning in to watch is enough to cancel out the fan base that a Virginia or Lville brings. Only way we are getting on an ESPN channel is when we play Duke or UNC.

Most of the games are broadcast on some type of affiliate or local channel such as WMYA, Fox sports 1, or the ACCN it just depends on your provider and channel package if you actually get those channels.

All of our ACC games are on TV***

Jan 16, 2015, 9:35 AM

Negatory, unless you include payperview

Jan 16, 2015, 10:23 AM

I'm not paying 85 dollars to wTch it. Bit you would think that all of our acc games would be on tv. I have yet to see fox carry a clemson game this yr. it's been strange.

If you're in Greenville, SC - like your profile states...

Jan 16, 2015, 11:25 AM

Every single conference game has been televised. Every game broadcasted by ACCN has been aired on WMYA or WSPA - every single one. The North Carolina game was a national broadcast on ESPN.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well if i'm asking the question i'm sure you can deduce that

Jan 22, 2015, 12:14 PM

I no longer live in greenville. I appreciate you digging into my profile though. Not creepy at all.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic