Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Crowd today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 2,350

Crowd today

Sep 8, 2012, 3:54 PM

I wasn't able to make it today but attend every home game i can. Somebody please tell me why we are up and the stands are almost empty late in the 3rd quarter. We claim to be football junkies and wait all year for the first home game and everybody leaves because we are up big. Is getting to the tailgate and having a drink worth more than supporting our younger players and future stars? I wonder how that makes the younger players feel to play for an empty stadium. Just my opinion!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep... If you can make it to

Sep 8, 2012, 3:57 PM

any of our games why would you leave early ? I

Re: Crowd today

Sep 8, 2012, 3:59 PM

The weather was getting pretty bad...I would still have had to BE THERE...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah it started to rain incredibly hard right after the game***

Sep 9, 2012, 9:27 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They announced a severe thunderstorm warning 2nd qtr

Sep 8, 2012, 4:14 PM

Maybe people wanted to get their kids off of those metal bleachers; ever think of that one genius?

Re: They announced a severe thunderstorm warning 2nd qtr

Sep 8, 2012, 4:30 PM

Its not just todays game "genius' or just us. You must be one that cut out early too.

well, you did say crowd TODAY***

Sep 8, 2012, 4:32 PM

Get a life

Sep 8, 2012, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: They announced a severe thunderstorm warning 2nd qtr ]

Don't you have bigger things to worry about than how early other people leave a football game?

Something about UP 45-10 and a severe weather threat....

Sep 8, 2012, 4:24 PM

just guessing though... that combo might influence people to leave early ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2012, 4:27 PM

Weather began to look really bad just before half time and some rain began to fall for a minute or two.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

If you weren't there...

Sep 8, 2012, 11:09 PM

You have no right to complain

Re: If you weren't there...

Sep 9, 2012, 9:12 AM

Thats the first home game ive missed in a long time because of a family issue jeremy (idiot). But i certainly would have been there til the end.

I'm not going to chastise anyone for leaving early...

Sep 9, 2012, 9:24 AM

People may do as they wish, and a lot of people have good reasons to leave.

That being said, I won't leave that stadium until the Alma Mater has been sung and they kindly direct me towards the exit. We get 7 chances a year to experience a Clemson home football game and I'll be ###### if I'm not gonna soak up every last second of its glory.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you don't show up to the game, don't complain about...

Sep 9, 2012, 9:26 AM

people leaving early.

Re: If you don't show up to the game, don't complain about...

Sep 9, 2012, 11:59 AM

Sometimes things come up that are unavoidable. If i was there, you can bet your a s s i would have stayed til the end!

We were up big and there was a lightening advisory***

Sep 9, 2012, 9:27 AM

Sep 9, 2012, 9:31 AM

Sometimes you don't have any other choice than to leave. Either that or stay and ruin the experience for everyone around you. My crying/complaining child finally pushed the issue for us. At first it was too hot and then when the lightning advisory was issued, she was freaking out every time a dark cloud came over. So we left early. It happens sometimes, but at least we went to the game. Most importantly we are teaching her about the joys of Clemson football from an early age, even if we do have to leave early occassionally.

Re: Be careful everyone will think your a coot

Sep 9, 2012, 9:32 AM

Dont say anything negative.

Re

Sep 9, 2012, 9:32 AM

Three year old+ boat ride+ thunderstorm= forced to leave 3 minutes before the end of the game. Still got wet. BTW anyone who brings a child under 4 or so to a Clemson game in early September should at least get some props for making it to halftime. It was hot as hell yesterday and I had my little girl out there by myself. She was a trooper but I didn't get to see too much of the game as I had to walk her around and keep her in the shade for much of the first half.

Sep 9, 2012, 11:57 AM

Listen, i understand there are circumstances that force people to leave early. I guess what bothers me are all the ones that leave just because we are on top and can't wait to get out and start drinking again, or to beat the crowd out. And no, i wasn't there saturday because of a family issue that i couldn't avoid..and i hated not being there.

Sep 9, 2012, 1:28 PM

Winning by 35 = excellent time to get the victory party started. Grow up.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Sep 9, 2012, 3:02 PM

I'm plenty grown up..i just like to support the younger players when they finally get a chance to play. But i guess you were probably passed out drunk by the end of the game.

Sep 9, 2012, 3:05 PM

No, i just don't feel that how other grown adults choose to spend their time at DV is any of my business as long as they're not hurting anyone, because I am not a liberal.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Stayed for the entire game

Sep 9, 2012, 3:45 PM

But don't blame anyone for leaving early, especially given the score by halftime. It was miserably hot and humid, and there was was the threat of bad weather. Maybe it's just me, but if you weren't there, maybe you shouldn't criticize those who did show up no matter how long they stayed.

Go Tigers.

Re: Stayed for the entire game

Sep 9, 2012, 3:59 PM

well for the 3rd time..I COULD NOT GO! Its a good thing the players did not think it was too hot and quit playing..but i'm sure its much cooler on the field for them.

Sep 9, 2012, 4:09 PM

Same thing went on at our game. It was hot, though. I saw one lady fall out in the concession stand line and heard about 3 others going down near my section. I go with the same friend every week and we always stay till the end. We left yesterday with about 7 minutes left to play because he was feeling dizzy. I am all for staying but not at the risk of a heat stroke. I was really disappointed in our student section. It was half empty after halftime. I suspect alcohol and heat had alot to do with it.

Replies: 25
| visibility 2,350
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic