Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
70 inch TV Set Up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

70 inch TV Set Up

Aug 8, 2017, 12:29 PM

On the verge of convincing my wife that we need a 70 inch TV...just in time for CU football. Her concern is that if mounted on wall, where or can we hide minimize all the wires and DirecTV box. HELP me my Tiger brothers. Respectfully, White Tiger

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 70 inch TV Set Up

Aug 8, 2017, 12:36 PM

Depends on the TV and mount but you can always mount on the wall behind the TV close to the bottom so the remote still works.

null

Aug 8, 2017, 12:38 PM

Yes buy this. Transmits signal wirelessly. All your cables and wires connect to it. I have this one and it works fine. There's one on eBay for $59.

http://www.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video-accessories/lg-AN-WL100W-wireless-media-kit

Aug 8, 2017, 12:39 PM

Professional setup and an IR blaster will make it seamless, or youtubing a bunch of setups. I did mine myself and ran everything behind the tv through the wall and into a cabinet. Looks great and made the wife happy. Good luck

Get a wireless media kit...

Aug 8, 2017, 1:03 PM

Problem solved.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Run wires through wall.. a 70 inch tv will cover a lot of "exploration holes"***

Aug 8, 2017, 1:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Buy her a plant

Aug 8, 2017, 2:14 PM

Or a ficus tree.

Aug 8, 2017, 2:18 PM

women's perspective here. I hate cords as well. We mounted ours above our fireplace. I wanted a wireless relay but didn't want to spend that much money. A handy husband and couple hours later no cords or directv box in sight.

https://www.amazon.com/PowerBridge-TWO-CK-Management-PowerConnect-Wall-Mounted/dp/B00GWGZGQ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502215889&sr=8-1&keywords=electrical%2Btv%2Bmounting&th=1

Aug 8, 2017, 2:24 PM
christmas.jpg(175.2 K)

Sorry about all the Christmas decorations but hey DW is on the TV!

We had the lower receptacle come out behind a piece of furniture (a record player turned wetbar) so that the dvr, dvd player, etc. are under it and not seen but the remote still controls it.

Aug 8, 2017, 4:10 PM

If sheetrock, cut 2 inch hole in wall toward the bottom behind where tv will be mounted. Cut another 2 inch hole just above the baseboard below the tv. Run all wires from tv through top hole, out to bottom hole. Connect wires to tv and mount on brackets.

Set small, low table on floor below tv for cable box, dvd...etc. All wires will be underneath table and you'll see no wires whatsoever around the tv. Works great, looks great. I have that in my den.

Low table underneath tv hides hole and wires.

Here's what one looks like when holes are drilled.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2017, 4:29 PM

Or you could forego mounting on the wall and put your TV in a TV lift cabinet:

https://www.tvliftcabinet.com/tv-lifts?cabinets_tvlift_tvsize=322

Our 60 inch HDTV in our den is in a TV lift cabinet - we love it. No wires, cable box, Bluray player or anything else is visible outside of the cabinet - just a nice looking piece of solid wood Amish furniture. When the TV is turned on the screen rises up; when the TV is turned off, it is stored inside the cabinet allowing a nice picture on the wall to be seen and not some blank TV screen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have mine in a corner of the living room

Aug 8, 2017, 5:16 PM
IMG_0324.JPG(100.0 K)

see attached pic. All wires and extras hidden by the TV and the console.

tigercee

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2017, 5:20 PM

Buy yourself a hole saw and a wire snake (I hate having those silly plastic conduits on the wall).

It's not an impossible project, quite easy in fact. Cut the holes, snake the wires, mount the television. Go big or go home!

Aug 8, 2017, 5:35 PM

I'm not sure what TVs you are looking at, but the higher end Samsung TVs have what they call the "one connect box". You may even be able to buy it separately for any Samsung TV, but I'm not sure about that. Essentially all of the ports on the back of the TV are in a separate box that is kept hidden and a single thin cable connects the box to the TV.

^^^ OneConnect ^^^

Aug 8, 2017, 6:08 PM

Will be my next one! Sweet setup. But fon't think it's backward compatible with older Samsungs. Sure, not wireless, but the one wire you do run is pretty small. Plus, the box comes with a universal remote that controls all components connected to it. If you're a Sam's Club member, you can find them there.

65" Samsung QLED series (Q7) runs about $2700 at Sams.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

This is all you need

Aug 8, 2017, 5:39 PM

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/harmony-elite?crid=60

We have everything (DirecTV box, Apple TV, BluRay player, surround sound receiver) in a closet in a different room than the TV. Works great. Also controls our smart home devices (lights, thermostats, garage door, etc). One HDMI cable hidden in the wall from surround receiver in the closet to TV.

If you have surround sound speakers you'll need speaker wire from surround sound receiver to speakers. We have in wall speakers which finishes off the clean look. The only thing visible is the TV mounted above fireplace.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you were "handy" I would give some pointers. Since you

Aug 8, 2017, 5:59 PM

don't appear to be handy, my advice is to call an electrician and get him to put in an electrical outlet on the wall where you want the TV and add conduit for your HDMI cables. Having a pro do it will save a lot of headaches for you and will almost always look better.

Also, DirecTV has a wireless receiver so you may just need power added...

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic