Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Didn't Carter bust coverage 2 or 3 times in ACCCG?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Didn't Carter bust coverage 2 or 3 times in ACCCG?

Mar 3, 2016, 12:06 PM

The best compliment I can give to Carter is that he does have a J. Fudge-like, undersized guy tackling mentality. You can't help but like that. However, Carter got one of his biggest snap totals of the year vs UNC and I distinctly remember him busting his coverage on multiple occasions at Nickle. I'm not saying a guy can't improve, but that does concern me a good bit if we are talking about him playing a more significant role at a position like Safety. Hopefully, we have the depth this year where the consequences of mental busts or a guy just not doing his job puts you on the bench. We all know BV gave Kearse and Green a ton of rope. They were in their whether they screwed up or not.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Former 2-3 star DB that was a RS Sophomore

Mar 3, 2016, 12:16 PM

making mistakes, shudder the thought.

You sure like nitpicking. Enjoy that we went 14-1...

Mar 3, 2016, 12:19 PM

Not necessary to criticize every mistake made by a player. These are college kids still learning the game, they ain't gonna be perfect.

10 years ago we were just hoping to get a 10 win season. We have had five straight 10+ win seasons and we're just in the national title game. Stop whining and enjoy it. We waited a long time to get back to this level.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't Carter bust coverage 2 or 3 times in ACCCG?

Mar 3, 2016, 12:36 PM

Wondering how a person can watch a game in real time, without knowing what coverage was called, without knowing who has responsibility for covering a particular man or area given the call, and can determine that Carter busted on 2-3 plays in the ACCCG.

Must be a psychic football genius.

Here is a well done defensive review of that game with gifs

Mar 3, 2016, 1:09 PM

It's long, but the evidence of the Carter busts are right there. I should have included this in the initial post. May have been able to avoid your poor attempt at a smart-aleck comment.

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2015/12/10/9858582/deshaun-watson-has-earned-the-heisman-trophy

Re: Here is a well done defensive review of that game with gifs

Mar 3, 2016, 1:14 PM

We were very lucky we had the season we had last year. The stat that we gave up over 2000 yards on 71 plays last year out of 4600 total yards on 986 plays needs to be addressed. We gave up how many yards to bammer on a hand full of plays? I hate to think. The big play issue really needs to get cut down significantly.

Mar 3, 2016, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Here is a well done defensive review of that game with gifs ]

Absolutely correct assessment.

Mar 3, 2016, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Here is a well done defensive review of that game with gifs ]

I should have guessed you were part of the STS crowd who know more than everyone including our coaches. They did not want us to sign Carter (and questioned Gallman at RB) so it is not surprising they would dump on Ryan to save face.

They also gave Carter praise in earlier articles

Mar 3, 2016, 2:10 PM

They call it fair and down the middle in their game reviews. Carter had some busts but all in all they consider him worth the scholarship he earned at the end of the day.

No they don't. They just want to see Clemson fail...

Mar 3, 2016, 2:50 PM

STS is still mad at the success of Dabo. To be honest if you're a true Clemson you wouldn't visit that site. It's main goal since it's inception is to cheer for Ckemson to fail. Also, they post pics from NFL USA football teaching 10 year olds about football.

Re: No they don't. They just want to see Clemson fail...

Mar 3, 2016, 3:57 PM

> STS is still mad at the success of Dabo. To be honest
> if you're a true Clemson you wouldn't visit that
> site. It's main goal since it's inception is to cheer
> for Ckemson to fail. Also, they post pics from NFL
> USA football teaching 10 year olds about football.

STS is still butthurt we did not do a "national search" before hiring Dabo. Have they fired Batson yet as according to them knows nothing about S&C?

so do they assess games based off of what HS coaches,...

Mar 3, 2016, 2:52 PM [ in reply to They also gave Carter praise in earlier articles ]

whose teams didn't make it to the playoffs?

Mar 3, 2016, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Here is a well done defensive review of that game with gifs ]

I venture to guess that Carter, Green, and Kearse have a similar "bust per plays" average...

Mar 3, 2016, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Here is a well done defensive review of that game with gifs ]

Don't feel bad man... I got 3 TDs on another thread about Ryan Carter for saying 5'9" 177lbs was small for a safety.

Hahaha. STS is clueless. Now it makes sense why you whine...

Mar 3, 2016, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Here is a well done defensive review of that game with gifs ]

about players being perfect.

Re: Hahaha. STS is clueless. Now it makes sense why you whine...

Mar 3, 2016, 3:01 PM

> about players being perfect.

STS is clueless?

I actually think they have a lot of good things to say sometimes. I will posit they cross the line into being hyper-critical and uber-negative, at times...but it isn't to "hate on" Clemson, it's mostly because the other sites and services are...less than critical, and I think STS feels compelled to make up for that by swinging hard in the other direction. Sometimes too hard.

I still think we'd miss them if they weren't there.

The hallmark of intellectual honesty, as they say, is the solicitation of opposing points of view. STS provides the contrarian viewpoint that has been badly needed at points in the past. There is no such contrarian outlet for South Carolina, for instance, and the lack of it means nobody's criticizing South Carolina athletics...even when they badly need it criticized, sometimes. Shucks, on a lot of those South Carolina boards, the mods would often summarily ban anyone who was critical of anything, in the past...it was like watching an athletics program run by Nazi hall monitors. The voices that were left were...scary.

Which means there's no fix for them. How do you fix when there's no outlet to discuss problems?

it's contrarian cause they hope for the failure of Clemson...

Mar 3, 2016, 3:09 PM

There have been tons of articles tnet has released that has been critical. Difference is, the writers of the articles on tnet don't openly cheer on for Clemson to fail.

Re: it's contrarian cause they hope for the failure of Clemson...

Mar 3, 2016, 3:12 PM

Can you link just one article where STS openly cheers for Clemson to fail?

Re: Hahaha. STS is clueless. Now it makes sense why you whine...

Mar 3, 2016, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Hahaha. STS is clueless. Now it makes sense why you whine... ]

Ha-ha, Queenie calling someone clueless. Now that's funny.

you just lost all credibility by posting to that Clemson hating website***

Mar 3, 2016, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Here is a well done defensive review of that game with gifs ]

If you went by what some of you guys post on here, you'd

Mar 3, 2016, 2:51 PM

think all websites, media, and all God's chillun hate Clemson

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't change the subject, this is about STS...

Mar 3, 2016, 2:54 PM

and their constant cheering for Clemson to fail

Who is Alex Craft .... Where did he coach or play?***

Mar 3, 2016, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Here is a well done defensive review of that game with gifs ]

I should have just copied and pasted the gifs

Mar 3, 2016, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Here is a well done defensive review of that game with gifs ]

Should have known folks would make this about STS and not about Ryan Carter. Half the people posting comments didn't even look at the review to form their own opinions.

Who is the author? How is that an unreasonable question?

Mar 3, 2016, 3:45 PM

What credentials does the author have?

You can look at the video and not necessarily have the same conclusions?

Re: I should have just copied and pasted the gifs

Mar 3, 2016, 3:58 PM [ in reply to I should have just copied and pasted the gifs ]

> Should have known folks would make this about STS and
> not about Ryan Carter. Half the people posting
> comments didn't even look at the review to form their
> own opinions.

I watch the game to form my own opinion. Have read plenty of STS content to know it is hit and miss in terms of accuracy

Was STS the alleged experts who had a vendetta against ...

Mar 3, 2016, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Here is a well done defensive review of that game with gifs ]

Batson and Clemson's S&C program?

At the time, other information from knowledgable people in the field suggested otherwise. Seems that Clemson's performance on the field last four years has also proven S&C concerns to be unjustified.

Re: Was STS the alleged experts who had a vendetta against ...

Mar 3, 2016, 6:12 PM

"Clemson's performance on the field last four years has also proven S&C concerns to be unjustified"

You do know we have made changes to the S&C program right ?

Mar 3, 2016, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Here is a well done defensive review of that game with gifs ]

Not sure I understand the point. Everyone made mistakes, Deshaun had 13 INT's. So? It's football. Singling out a player makes no sense because you can single out every one of them which makes it a useless exercise.

And further, Dodd wasn't hitting on much until this year. Vic took a couple years to develop. Carter may just be another diamond.

It's like talking about water being wet....nothing to see here.

Mar 3, 2016, 2:13 PM

Keep worrying about it and see how it changes...lol

There's so much that goes in to these decisions. I wish the clueless would just stay clueless and just support them. Be concerned, be worried, be whatever you need to be. Just be there on Saturday making the Valley loud, that's it

Mar 3, 2016, 6:19 PM

"Keep worrying about it and see how it changes...lol"

Nancy this is a message board if you didn't know

Mar 3, 2016, 3:24 PM

I dunno..maybe so but the worst play I saw in the ACCCG was the sorry ### tackle attempt on switzer that allowed him to score their last TD.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic