Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Top recruits move Clemson to top of list after viewing Hill entrance on ABC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Football Update: Top recruits move Clemson to top of list after viewing Hill entrance on ABC

Sep 2, 2013, 12:25 PM

Top recruits move Clemson to top of list after viewing Hill entrance on ABC

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Top recruits move Clemson to top of list after viewing Hill entrance on ABC

Sep 2, 2013, 12:32 PM

I had a feeling that would wonders for the recruiting process, wonder who they are....hopefully some big names ready to make an impact!

If you want to watch the same video without the ESPN logo:

Sep 2, 2013, 3:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX1uhEjhjt0

Why does the crowd noise seem soooooo much louder in this

Sep 2, 2013, 3:29 PM

video?

Best recruiting tool we could have on national TV

Sep 2, 2013, 12:34 PM

Love it!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

And WINNING on national TV.***

Sep 2, 2013, 12:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Winning is the key. Period. Red Parkr was a great

Sep 2, 2013, 2:39 PM

recruiter, but not a great coach. Pell & Ford came in and we started winning and the rest is history. Ford was dumped and Hatfield won with Ford's players, but didn't have the charisma nor personality to close the deal with top recruits and the program started to decline. TB came in and with RichRod had early success and got the facilities upgraded, which we desperately needed. With the new facilities, the Bowden name, and the program back on the upswing, TB started bringing in the talent that helped get us back into the national spotlight.

There is NO substitute for great facilities, national exposure, and winning. But the key is winning. Win and everything else falls into place.

Re: Football Update: Top recruits move Clemson to top of list after viewing Hill entrance on ABC

Sep 2, 2013, 12:41 PM

Heads will roll at ABC/ESPN/SEC

Maybe not--the ratings were high

Sep 2, 2013, 12:44 PM

Bottom line...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Maybe not--the ratings were high

Sep 2, 2013, 1:30 PM

Good point, but they never like to see one of their own take a loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2013, 1:42 PM

We are one of their own.

You guys do realize that ESPN/ABC have rights to basically every major conference in the nation, including the ACC, right?

Sep 2, 2013, 2:57 PM

They don't fund us the way they do the sec. You do know that, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2013, 9:06 AM

You can thank Johnny "ACC" Swofford for that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2013, 9:34 AM

Yep! He has been a huge lose for us when it comes to Football respect and revenue. Now, he has done fair with the BB stuff, but that fits his support base better.

Sep 2, 2013, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe not--the ratings were high ]

"Their own" is whoever is hot and winning at that time. They heavily promote the SEC because of Florida, LSU, Bama, Nick Saban, etc. not because of teams like Miss State, Ole Miss, and the bottom feeders.

Think about Louisville. They played in a terrible Big East league last year and didn't get much publicity, yet after beating Florida they get mentioned a lot more.

It's the whole "flavor of the month," "what have you done for me lately," thing.

Keep winning and they will keep talking.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2013, 2:41 PM

Exactly. There's no doubt the SEC gets a nauseating level of coverage...but it's been earned.

We're in the fantastic position of controlling our own destiny, and if we continue to play well our coverage will continue to grow with our success.

ESPN loves Clemson and has gone out of their way over

Sep 2, 2013, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe not--the ratings were high ]

the years to pump us. Every time we start getting their love & respect we flop and "pull a Clemson". We bring this on ourselves and only we can fix it. There are quite a few ESPN people that LOVE Clemson and actively promote us, but we keep letting them down. Thus, they now take a more cautious approach. The best example of this was all the love they gave us back when Gameday first came to Clemson and CJ & Davis lit up GT. After the game it was an ESPN Clemson love fest. Then the next week we flopped against VT and tanked the rest of the season.

Last year we won every game we were suppose to, but lost the big games until LSU. This year we won a huge game vs. Georgia. Now we need to win the games we are suppose to win and not lay an egg vs. FSU & USC. If we do that it will go a LONG way to change the perception of Clemson.

They did a GREAT job broadcating the pregame and

Sep 2, 2013, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe not--the ratings were high ]

game itself. First time in many a moon I haven't muted the sound.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They know what they're doing... not missing out.***

Sep 2, 2013, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Top recruits move Clemson to top of list after viewing Hill entrance on ABC ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just wished they would have mentioned we do have a ChickFila

Sep 2, 2013, 12:49 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just incredible...that video is spectacular***

Sep 2, 2013, 12:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I would like to see...

Sep 2, 2013, 2:20 PM

Take this to the next level...

Doesn't have to be every home game, by all means.
Maybe at "SELECT" big games- say the FLORIDA STATE GAME
this year. See if Dabo would consider letting the TV
broad casters set up cameras INSIDE the Bus(s) to let
Clemson fans/media know what its like to be on the BUS
itself...I mean, whats going on INSIDE.

what-a-think?

first reaction no

Sep 2, 2013, 2:23 PM

that is a private moment

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: first reaction no

Sep 2, 2013, 3:35 PM

How long do I have to think about this before I say no?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1 hour and 12 minutes***

Sep 3, 2013, 7:01 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What I would like to see...

Sep 2, 2013, 2:41 PM [ in reply to What I would like to see... ]

I agree b/c I really wanted to hear what was being said on the buses. I think that would have been awesome. Dabo looked to be in a hyper ZONE. He looked as if the buses couldn't get around the stadium fast enough to let him out. That was just an awesome showing, and surely made for TV!!! Gooooooo Tigerssssss

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank you!

Sep 3, 2013, 8:30 AM

they say it gets really wild on those buses.

Program Changer. Our entrance into the stadium has been

Sep 2, 2013, 3:03 PM

hidden for far too long to those not lucky enough to witness it first hand. Why we have done such a lackluster job at marketing it baffles me. It is truly unique and deserves recognition.

Soon the whole world will know!! Clemson is coming!!

Re: Program Changer. Our entrance into the stadium has been

Sep 2, 2013, 4:24 PM

Excellent point - this video needs to be part of the media kit that is sent to every recruit.

Its ok, but its not fake smoke a lame magic trick and music

Sep 3, 2013, 6:43 AM

from a 1970's movie soundtrack stolen from a pro wrestler.. but it will do for us.

Water the Point Tree

Sep 3, 2013, 9:15 AM

Even Georgia had to take a peek. Love that little injection by Brent!

Sep 4, 2013, 10:32 PM

Hey! You can't blame the Dawgs for wanting to see the "Most exciting 25 seconds in College Football," in person. I would be excited to see it from the field, too. (-; Tough to know that's as close as they will ever get to it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic