Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
'73 Masters... Sitting on the hill across the pond from the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

'73 Masters... Sitting on the hill across the pond from the

Nov 14, 2020, 12:22 PM

College Gameday set... My most memorable Masters.

It was Sunday. My buddy and I were 16 and 15, respectively. We always went to the 16th to start. That's where we first saw them.

Two girls, one shorter blonde and a taller brunette, wearing hot pants and halter tops. Even the women were doing double takes. Somehow, we managed to strike up a conversation and we all left up the hill to the clubhouse.

They were freshmen at Wesleyan College in Macon. The blonde's father was the silver-haired guy on the 16th in the red jacket introducing the players as they walked toward the green, something he did for several years. He was also a long-time member of Augusta National.

When we got to the clubhouse, we went to the back to watch the leaders taking their final practice swings on the driving range. She asked if we wanted a drink. We replied with a Dewar's double on the rocks. She walked in the back door of the clubhouse and came back a few minutes later followed by a server. Soon after, we started walking toward the Par 3.

We sat on the bank of Eisenhower Pond on the opposite side from the Gameday broadcast. It's the first time I've seen that place since.

I had a 'pinch' in my pocket and Pinch in my flask... We started 'bowling' some of my "speckled Casablancan" that i was carving off the block (for those who can decipher). After several, things were getting funny.

Then I noticed the two guys in suits, jackets slung over their shoulders, and the pistols in their shoulder holsters. I told my buddy I may have to take a swim. The guys just smiled and waved. I later figured they must have been Secret Service. I believe that was the last year Mamie stayed at the cottage.

Needless to say, these girls weren't use to my 'pinch' and they were giggling their axxes off... When we all headed back to where there were crowds, my bud and I decided we might need to distance ourselves a little ways from them... but we followed. They started heading back down towards the 16th green, but that's when the REALLY FUNNY happened.

Oosterhuis, and I think it was Tommy Aaron were in the last group that day. They had hit their tee shots on the 8th and then the crosswalk was opened. The girls walked to the middle of the fairway and just laid down and started rolling around on the ground. Oosterhuis and Aaron(?) walked up and just circled them looking. Remember, these are two fine looking young girls in halter tops and hot pants. Everybody around, including the crosswalk guards, were falling out laughing. My bud and I were peaking out from behind a pine just shaking heads. Back then, there were no cameras on most of the front nine. I'm sure the Augusta members were thankful...

The "storied" history of The Masters... I have others, but that was probably the best.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: '73 Masters... Sitting on the hill across the pond from the

Nov 14, 2020, 1:45 PM

Nice story. From what I hashed out, it sounds like one heck of a great time.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sehr gut !!! (not w/rice) I have an even better one from 6 days earlier.

Nov 14, 2020, 1:51 PM

It's an Atlanta story from a night club named Richard's with a Willie Dixon / John Lee Hooker performance...

Think I'll save it for another day. That was a GREAT week!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sehr gut !!! (not w/rice) I have an even better one from 6 days earlier.

Nov 14, 2020, 2:00 PM

I'll be checking back to catch that one!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me of thus song:

Nov 14, 2020, 3:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TYq9RjdYYU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

via a little 'leather shop' at the end of 'The Shoe' @SCar..

Nov 14, 2020, 3:13 PM

Ah, the '70s...

I never would have thought it would happen to me but one

Nov 14, 2020, 3:48 PM

time back in 1977...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's okay... The statutes are long gone...***

Nov 14, 2020, 4:17 PM

If you remember Casablancan, I'm sure Blonde Lebanese rings a bell...

Nov 14, 2020, 8:52 PM

;)

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

But then the 'oil' has a way of making you forget...***

Nov 15, 2020, 9:16 AM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic