Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SC Covid cases
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 317

SC Covid cases

May 12, 2020, 7:22 AM

Interesting that after several days of new cases being in the 90's it was reported that they jumped to 143 yeasterday. Too early to lay it at the opening back up but I have been out and about since the rescinding and it seems I see a lot less masks now. I guess since the Governor opened up folks think it is all gone, duh. Just cause business is opening does not mean it is gone, wear a dang mask people.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you look at the pattern it has been going up and down...

May 12, 2020, 7:31 AM

the whole time.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sc+covid+cases&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS820US820&oq=sc+covid+cases&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l6j69i60.2575j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you look at the pattern it has been going up and down...

May 12, 2020, 7:37 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you look at the pattern it has been going up and down...

May 12, 2020, 7:38 AM [ in reply to If you look at the pattern it has been going up and down... ]

Yes and that is why I said it was too early to blame the opening but it was the lack of masks I see now that is concerning. Something so simple seems to me an easy preventative measure but far too many blow it off.

We went weeks without masks prior to sheltering...

May 12, 2020, 8:35 AM

Then during sheltering, it's decided masks are good. My issue with masks is now, people don't distance. And worst of all, the very people who shouldn't even be out, are arrive fully adorned in masks and gloves, pulling into their handicap parking spots and hopping aboard the motorized cart. I'm sorry...if that makes me cold-hearted, so be it, but many of these measures are for their benefit, to prevent bringing it into their lives, yet there they are...immersed in it.

It's quite clear the population that has the higher risk and there comes a point where that population needs to adapt their lifestyle. Is it fair...not anymore fair than the issues that put them at risk to begin with, but...that's reality. Technically, I'm 'at risk', solely due to age, but rest assured, I see PLENTY of much, much younger folks who are certainly more compromised by the lifestyle they choose and the weight they carry. Ignore the cross you bear at your own risk, but it's time to release others to proceed with caution (note: not return to normal...that's probably gone for awhile...if ever to return)

Re: We went weeks without masks prior to sheltering...

May 12, 2020, 8:44 AM

Yes and that is why I posted crank up production of masks ,sanitizers and wipes and let it rip on getting the economy opened. We are going to have to adjust to a new normal now and what is an acceptable risk level as a matter of personal choice.

We went weeks only because the CDC knew there were a very limited amount of N95 masks, no other reason.

I am also at risk being 60+ but I do not really worry too much, I wear a 1/2 face rubber( seals very well) cannister with N95 filters. Hand sanitize before entering the truck after leaving stores, touching touch pads or pumping gas. I make my own safety MY priority to deal with and if one chooses to not take any precautions that is their problem. Would not even consider sitting in a restaurant, event or theater myself.

We actually ate out on Sunday

May 12, 2020, 9:04 AM

The restaurant was open air and/or outdoors...the tables booths were spaced more like 10 feet apart, at a minimum. Naturally, all staff were masked/gloved and the wiping down was non-stop. Frankly, it was far less frenetic than a trip to the grocery store...and DO NOT get me going on HD, Lowes or the madness that is Wally World! ;)

Now...if it had been raining and doors closed...I wouldn't have gone. To your point...pick your spots, 'prepare' yourself...and march on in life. Other than the age aspect, I have no issues...that I'm aware of. Then again, I'm speaking purely from a physical perspective...I spend time here with Tiger Nation's fruit loops...and don't ask my wife's opinion of me! :)

I know you'll hate this, but...

May 12, 2020, 8:46 AM

https://www.dailywire.com/news/narrative-fail-15-days-after-lockdown-ease-georgia-sees-lowest-day-of-covid-hospitalizations?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know you'll hate this, but...

May 12, 2020, 9:32 AM

Why would I hate it, I have said/posted that it is time to open up the economy. I also said it was too early to say whether it was due to opening up, implying that there should be zero rush to condem .

Replies: 8
| visibility 317
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic