Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you get an invite, you should participate!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

If you get an invite, you should participate!

Mar 5, 2017, 2:07 PM

Not a fan of all these Clemson guys not participating in the drills at the NFL Combine. Barring an injury, you should participate in all of the drills in my opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you get an invite, you should participate!

Mar 5, 2017, 2:14 PM

Carlos has a hamstring issue but not sure why others are not running the 40.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2017, 2:18 PM

Mike Williams excuse was "I didn't have enough time to prepare for it". Come on bro.

Mar 5, 2017, 2:23 PM

They're going to run it at the pro day....what's the difference?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Mar 5, 2017, 2:27 PM

There's actually a huge difference in the eyes of the NFL teams and scouts. Google it. You're there to compete, so compete. Ben just finished in the bottom two in both the broad jump and the vertical. He finished 11th (out of 22) in bench press. Skipping the 40 doesn't help your cause and you're not going to "run faster" because you're at home just like Christian McCaffrey isn't going to crank out another 8 reps of 225 in his basement.

Mar 5, 2017, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: If you get an invite, you should participate! ]

Dude there is a lot more into running a fast 40 time than just go out there and run. You can have a track coach teach you techniques to shave valuable time off.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 5, 2017, 2:42 PM

Then explain to me why Wayne, Artavis & Deshaun all ran? They had the same amount of time to prepare as Ben, Carlos & Mike. If ALL the clemson players skipped the drills it would look a lot better than the one receiver everyone wants to see run, the one defensive lineman we have invited, and the Jack Lambert award winner that every scout is calling slow. It's just not a good look.

Mar 5, 2017, 2:50 PM

Why they ran is irrelevant to why someone else chose not to.

Once again if you were in a situation where doing something is ONLY going to hurt you would you do it?

You are showing a lot of ignorance in this thread by 1 thinking it is easy to run a fast 40 and there is no prep involved and 2 going after Clemson players for doing what is right for THEM.

Mar 5, 2017, 3:16 PM

You're showing just as much ignorance pretending that not participating in a drill barring injury does not negatively impact your draft stock. Are you listening to the reaction of Mayock and company to those that decide not to participate or are you making these statements based on your own personal opinion?

I never said it was "easy" to run a fast 40 nor did I claim there wasn't any prep involved. But if half your teammates ran, and you don't, how does that not stand out as a negative. Can you explain that? No one is "going after" anyone. I, like everyone talking at the combine and basically every scout ever to hold a clipboard, am just a little disappointed that some of our guys did not participate by choice, not because of injury. The whole "I didn't have enough time to prepare" excuse holds a lot less weight when your quarterback, fellow wide receiver & running back ran the 40. Period!

Mar 5, 2017, 4:21 PM

"You're showing just as much ignorance pretending that not participating in a drill barring injury does not negatively impact your draft stock. Are you listening to the reaction of Mayock and company to those that decide not to participate or are you making these statements based on your own personal opinion?"

Except for the simple fact that them not participating is a lesser negative than them running a slower time.

You do a great job of ignoring that part. Just should just stop you dont know what you are talking about here.

Serious question. You think the number of clemson players sitting out

Mar 5, 2017, 2:24 PM

Will impact future invites for our players?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2017, 2:32 PM

Good lord easy for you to say...

Why would you do a drill that is only going to hurt your draft stock?

Why do soemthing that could cost you a lot of money?

Mar 5, 2017, 2:40 PM

Easy for me to say? Artavis Scott finished at the bottom of every single drill for WR. Why did he participate if he could have just done the interviews and ran all the drills on 3/16 in the clemson practice facility then? Because he's a competitor and he came to compete.

You know what costs you a lot of money? Not participating in drills when you don't have an injury. No scout in the world looks at Pro Day the same way they look at the combine. And not participating is always looked at negatively unless you're injured. Period.

Mar 5, 2017, 2:50 PM

Scotts decision has nothing to do with MWs.

Mar 5, 2017, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: If you get an invite, you should participate! ]

Do you have money invested in their draft stock or something, because you seem very butt hurt about this subject.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not an NFL rep

Mar 5, 2017, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: If you get an invite, you should participate! ]

However, I imagine Tay would have been better off not participating in every drill. Hope his numbers improve on pro day at Clemson.

Boulware is participating, but not in the 40*****

Mar 5, 2017, 2:42 PM

Their agents are telling them not to participate***

Mar 5, 2017, 2:48 PM

Re: Their agents are telling them not to participate***

Mar 5, 2017, 3:18 PM

You know this how?

This affects you how??***

Mar 5, 2017, 2:49 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This affects you how??***

Mar 5, 2017, 3:21 PM

Affects me? It doesn't. Disappoints me? It does. Just like a dropped pass, mistackle, bad route or otherwise. Criticism is fine if it's reasonable. And questioning why someone wouldn't run a 40 when everyone is saying they're slow isn't all that unreasonable if "proving the doubters wrong" is the goal.

Unless you prove them right

Mar 5, 2017, 3:44 PM

It's better for people to think you're slow than to run the 40 and prove it.

Re: Unless you prove them right

Mar 5, 2017, 4:18 PM

If youre not gonna participate give you're spot to someone that will! Chad Kelly would have done some felonious stuff to get that invite!!!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic