Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach Swinney steps in his own Yaba Dabo Doo Doo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Coach Swinney steps in his own Yaba Dabo Doo Doo

Nov 26, 2018, 4:51 PM

I've thought about Dabo's rant alot today from both sides. I totally understand his efforts to defend his players with all the rah-rah hype of their efforts & accomplishments. However, he really blew it out of proportion as the issue was not the teams effort, but instead, it's execution. It does seem clear that he and BV are not on the same page & evidently did not talk prior to the press conference. Wonder how much of Dabo's outrage was actually directed towards Venables and the poor performance of the secondary. The David Hood angle seems just like a scapegoat to take some heat off how whiney Dabo came across on his rant.

If "Excellent is the Standard" for the players, I feel it should be for the coaches as well. There is absolutely no way anyone associated with the FB program can call what happened to the defense by a very mediocre USC team acceptable. Food, movies, musicals and athletics all are subject to critiques--- the goal is to do excellent and get an awesome review. Reality has it that you "can't please everyone" and to take such overt offense to some criticism and threaten to leave just made Dabo look like a jerk. Wait and see tonight on all the sports shows...Dabo will be the headline for the media hacks looking to stir up turmoil. This is exactly the opposite of what Coach Swinney preaches: DISTRACTIONS. Not exactly the best time of year to stir the pot and take the focus off the team. I'm so glad we won, but I too felt like it was a loss because I couldn't enjoy the amazing efforts of the offense due to the "brutal" efforts of the secondary until today. Hopefully, all will now chill out & re-focus for PITT.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bah***

Nov 26, 2018, 4:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

humbug!***

Nov 26, 2018, 4:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

zzzzzz.....***

Nov 26, 2018, 4:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

bug.***

Nov 26, 2018, 4:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Coach Swinney steps in his own Yaba Dabo Doo Doo

Nov 26, 2018, 4:57 PM

NOTHING MORE NEEDS BE SAID. THE GREAT AND POWERFUL COACHMAC HAS SPOKEN

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s ‘Best’ is the standard bty.***

Nov 26, 2018, 4:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s ‘Best’ is the standard bty.******

Nov 26, 2018, 5:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All for one and one for all.

the only person looking like a "jerk" would be

Nov 26, 2018, 5:01 PM

the individual staring back at you from your bathroom mirror.

This pretense that you actually know what you're talking about is exceeded by a complete lack of knowledge about every topic.

What a loser. I can't give you the number of thumbs down you deserve, but I'll start with one.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the only person looking like a "jerk" would be

Nov 26, 2018, 5:05 PM

Coachmac you're the real do do

I can't believe you managed to out-do your own stupid

Nov 26, 2018, 5:03 PM

with this juan.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

His motto is Worst is Standard, he continually lowers the

bar

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 5:03 PM

Please stop thinking. It's not your strong point.

All for one and one for all.

If in ANY Way at ANY Time...

a 21-point win over the coots feels like a loss to you, you just need to keep your mouth shut. Dabo's comments were aimed directly at people like YOU.

Just shut up, please. YOU are the jerk, not him.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you feel like Saturday was a "loss" then you are the one

Nov 26, 2018, 5:06 PM

with the problem. Not Dabo. You're just mad that you got called out.

People bitching and moaning after a loss...I thought I had seen everything.

Exactly! We'll stop whining when we go 12-0!

Nov 26, 2018, 5:07 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everytime i see the word "rah rah" i know its from a coot

Nov 26, 2018, 5:19 PM

or cheerleader or whatever of old tired term for motivator is... Dabo is an innovator, motivator, and terminator for all things coot. get over it. the worse thing that can happen to ya'lls fanbase is to have an ounce of positivity. Because then ya'll come out in full force with all these ridiculous proclamations. . Of how ya'll are back and are going to take over the world..and how many times has that happened? ZERO point Zero.

I wanna TD this post so bad! AND it's "est is the Standard"***

Nov 26, 2018, 5:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 5:40 PM

I am disgusted with Dabo's comment about going "other places." That was so uncalled for. Sounded childish; after all, not all fans talked about "feeling like it was a loss." We deserve total loyalty out of him - don't threaten Clemson with leaving.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 5:47 PM

No one called it acceptable so don’t put words in Dabo’s mouth. The objective was to win the game -period!
If you succeeded at your overall objective 100% of the time and got criticized for it, you might understand his ire.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 6:48 PM

Enough coachmac. You're the one stirring a pot that's empty now. 12 - 0 is better than 6 - 5 and Clemson is undefeated in the SEC and ACC this year.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, literally I am laughing

Nov 26, 2018, 7:03 PM

If you can be 12-0 and just beat your rival for a 5th straight year, doing so by 3 TD's, and you can walk away feeling like it was a loss then perhaps football isn't the sport for you.

Stop pretending its your job to critique the team into being better. That's the coach's job. It's cool to talk about the team, to talk about what went well and what didn't, but the second you treat that game Saturday night as a loss I literally can't help but laugh. That is just absurd to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WOW!!! Another outstanding post by Coot Mac...

Nov 26, 2018, 7:08 PM

Bravo!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 7:15 PM

Hard to put it aside and focus on Pitt when we have yet another post about the same crap. Geez, the horse is dead... everyone can put down their sticks. And if anyone else feels the need to chime in; don't. Let it go.
Now, GO TIGERS! Beat the pi$$ outa Pitt!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic