Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you compare Dabo to Danny Ford.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

If you compare Dabo to Danny Ford.......

Oct 20, 2013, 8:09 AM

Then you are an idiot! A flat out idiot. All these Old Timers on this board who take this loss as an opportunity to bash Dabo and praise Danny Ford are trash. Danny Ford was great and brought us a NC, but come on, he had his lows. Comparing is not apples to apples.

Stop living in the past, Danny Ford would have lost last night.

Stop talking about the past!

"If John Heisman and Banks McFadden were on the field last night we would have won that game!"

Come on, living in the past gets you nowhere in life.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you compare Dabo to Danny Ford.......

Oct 20, 2013, 8:12 AM

Not 51-14 pal ...never...at home ..are you kidding

Oct 20, 2013, 8:14 AM

Sometimes in college football, you run into a buzzsaw. FSU would have beaten anyone in the country last night.
Kudos to Swinney for not throwing Boyd under the bus. Would have been a different story in cootland.

Believe it or not - it isn't the end of the world. We lost a football game, that's all.

Agree, tough for many to swallow though. What last night

Oct 20, 2013, 8:17 AM

showed more than anything is that the gap between us and the Noles is wider than we thought. Their top 3 classes are piling up and now we have to find a way to get those elite guys, especially on the lines

Re: Agree, tough for many to swallow though. What last night

Oct 20, 2013, 8:22 AM

I thought our recruiting classes were ranked as high as theirs, if not, pretty close. A big part of the problem is coaching, they do not know how to mentaly prepare a team for a big game like this. Said it before, I want a coach, not a cheerleader, think he is soft, many disagree, just my opinion.

We're top 10-20, they've been top 3, 3 straight years

Oct 20, 2013, 8:24 AM

difference is they have closed on the elites, we have not

^^^ This ^^^ is a huge part of it. I think they had better

Oct 20, 2013, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Agree, tough for many to swallow though. What last night ]

players at almost every position. Also though, while I love our coaches, I thought they were badly out coached last night as well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Totally agree --- And I am a big fan of the Danny days***

Oct 20, 2013, 8:18 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2013, 8:22 AM

That's my HC! ( TO voice )

Oct 20, 2013, 8:26 AM

Not defending Dabo, just saying the comparison of Dabo and Danny is dumb.

Oct 20, 2013, 8:30 AM

You are defending Dabo ...you have a man crush on Dabo ...you love Dabo...there is nothing he can do that you won't defend...but rest assured there are many thousands of fans with the same problem..

Oct 20, 2013, 8:51 AM

I am old enough to remember some of Danny's losses. Spurrier beat Danny while HC at Duke for goodness sake. Great years? Yes. But all games were not wine and roses.

Oct 20, 2013, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: If you compare Dabo to Danny Ford....... ]

Not defending. But supporting the current coach of Clemson. You are defending Danny, who has no say over what happens today.

There are thousands of fans like you who still have your 1981 shirts in a drawer and live for moments like this to bring up Danny Ford.

Oct 20, 2013, 9:00 AM

Some of these people just don't get it - we field a winning season! At least we didn't lose to the VOLS

Oct 20, 2013, 9:19 AM

The difference in the Ford years and afterwards is pretty simple. The Tigers were never beaten down like we were last night, or by WV, or by any other team while Ford was coach. Those teams were always competitive and scores were close. I think the worst loss in all those years was when Maryland beat us 41 to 23 when we were under suspension.

I love my Tigers, but the coaches need to work on this. Blaming it on the quality of players is an excuse. Ford never got the big time recruits. He had to go to the small towns in GA and FL to get players with potential. Then he went to work, teaching them football.

I recall listening to some NFL coaches talking on a pre-game show during that time. One said that he loved getting Clemson players for 2 reasons. One reason was that the players knew the fundamentals of football and the 2nd reason was that they were in tremendous athletic condition. The other coaches agreed

That was what Ford did. He got the best players he could, taught them the fundamentals, got them in the best condition possible, and won football games. And they were some close, hard-fought games. But more often than not, the Tigers prevailed.

I personally want the Tigers to be competitive with any team in the nation. I know full well we can't win them all. But every game should be a close, hard-fought game. Our players deserve nothing less.

Oct 20, 2013, 9:27 AM

The game has changed. Running the ball and owning time of possession is a dying breed. Danny would have lost 17-10, but that is still a loss.

Oct 20, 2013, 9:30 AM

Spot on!

Oct 20, 2013, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: If you compare Dabo to Danny Ford....... ]

I agree. We may have lost. We cannot win them all. But a loss in a close game does not affect the players and fans like a blow-out. A game like WV, and last night, calls into question the entire program. Are we paying millions of $ to assistant coaches to beat down lesser opponents while losing the big ones in an embarrassing fashion? Or are we paying them to make the team competitive with anyone on the national scene?

Morris and Venables have brought us a long way from two years ago, but last night showed that what has been built is extremely fragile. After LSU and Georgia, I really believed we were on the cusp of being that nationally competitive team. Last night, my beliefs were shattered. Clearly work needs to be done, and I believe Dabo will work to get it done.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic