Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you can make yourself go to FGF......Clowney vs Vic
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

If you can make yourself go to FGF......Clowney vs Vic

Sep 26, 2013, 2:04 PM

This is a must read. Please read down towards the bottom where doogeitrwebi completely destroys the gamecock fans regarding Clowney. I am not sure if he is a Clemson fan or just a very enlightened football fan.

http://southcarolina.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1825&tid=192274689&mid=192274689&sid=1017&style=2

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, it's just mores excuses because Clowney has

Sep 26, 2013, 2:10 PM

UNDERPERFORMED.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you can make yourself go to FGF......Clowney vs Vic

Sep 26, 2013, 2:13 PM

can't, and never will

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would any Clemson fan EVER want to go to FGF?*****

Sep 26, 2013, 2:14 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why would any Clemson fan EVER want to go to FGF?*****

Sep 26, 2013, 2:23 PM

I got there 1-2 times a year, and it's interesting in that the knowledge level is so extremely low there. It's hard to believe they live in the same state as t-netters. You have to wonder what jobs, if any, that some of those people can maintain. It's like studying animals in the jungle or something.

No real Clemson fan would ever go there. Seriously?***

Sep 26, 2013, 2:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 26, 2013, 2:24 PM

I don't know who doogeitrweb is but it really is funny to see him confound the coots with logic and facts. Really and truly, the Clowney hype machine is a result of a missed block and a chin strap that was not attached. I think he makes very valid points even saying that Clowney at 100% is better than Vic at 100%. However, Clowney is playing as an individual who is expecting a big paycheck later and Vic is playing as a team player who is looking to help reach a team goal.

I think it's more that Clowney is playing not to get hurt

Sep 26, 2013, 2:27 PM

while Beasley is playing free and clear.

They're in massive denial there

Sep 26, 2013, 2:27 PM

It's funny how they're like "he plays in the ACC", but when that dooge guy brings up UGA there's no response. Coots don't realize that the SEC East is in the dumps. The whole "you play in the ACC" thing holds no water. NC State would compete in the SEC East. ;)

Here is "enlightened post" so you don't have to dodge crap

Sep 26, 2013, 2:30 PM

There so much misinformation here and a general lack of football knowledge that's it's frightening. And to think, this is the DEDICATED faction of the Gamecock fanbase.

1) It's called the eye test. Smart people who know how talent is evaluated don't have to use the opposing tackle as a barometer for success. But since you want to trash Beasley on the basis of the competition he's faced - he dominated UGA's LT, whereas Clowney didn't do squat. All game. That includes passing downs, when teams can't "run away from" a player.

2) Teams gameplan around Clowney but don't gameplan around Beasley? Do you guys believe this just because ESPN repeats it over and over? Or are you just clueless when it comes to what goes into game prep.

For the schematically impaired, as a general rule, teams WILL ALWAYS RUN TO THE CLOSED SIDE OF THE FORMATION (i.e. behind the tight end), moreso than they will do to the open/weakside. This is a fundamental football truth. You could put me at WDE and teams would still run to the opposite side more than they ran my way. This isn't something unique to Clowney.

I do think it's funny that people always point this out, though, because even when teams do run at Clowney he normally overpursues and the back runs right by him.

Keep thinking that teams gameplan around Clowney but not Beasley. If that helps make you feel better, by all means....

3) Beasley's size is REALLY going to hurt him in the draft. Right. After all, the NFL HATES scheme-versatile athletes with an elite first step, good strength and overall good instincts. The fact that guys like Von Miller and Bruce Irvin played college football at an even lighter weight makes this argument all the more STUPID AND UNFOUNDED.

I knew that most of your fanbase was clueless, but I expected more from

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is "enlightened post" so you don't have to dodge crap

Sep 26, 2013, 2:47 PM

That's a very well-written assessment.

It must be a coincidence that that guy's name is spelled backwards from mine.

Sep 26, 2013, 2:51 PM

Well, you fell into the trap: you used facts, logic and well-thought out argumentation against low IQ #### lovers.

It doesn't work. Never has, never will. It's an exercise in futility.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 26, 2013, 2:52 PM

I am a REAL FAN, though RB!!!!

Seriously, I go over there about once a year, unleash a tirade, get banned, rinse and repeat next year. You don't have to worry about me being unloyal to you guys. ;)

Sep 26, 2013, 2:53 PM

Just make sure you wash yourself off in tomato juice to rid yourself of the stench of FGF and all is forgiven ;)

Screw Calford.

We may need RevDodd to pronounce him no longer un-clean***

Sep 26, 2013, 3:21 PM

A lot of Tomato Juice....

Sep 26, 2013, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Here is "enlightened post" so you don't have to dodge crap ]

Ibew:
POTM for you and points!!!!

Your post reminded me of an old Bill Dance segment where he was bass fishing with 8" augertail worms, Texas rigged, hopping them off the bottom. He felt a thump on his line, cranked down to get all the slack out of it, and proceeded to put on the biggest hook set I have ever witnessed on TV...

A 5" fingerling had bit it, and the fish came out of the water so fast that Bill didn't have time to get out of the way. The bass hit him square between the lenses on his nose and he almost fell outta the boat.

heretofore forever remembered as the Bill Dance Hook Set:

BDHS, compliments to FGF....

Re: A lot of Tomato Juice....

Sep 26, 2013, 3:39 PM

You tell good stories.

It's SO OBVIOUS to everyone but the Coots...

Sep 26, 2013, 2:36 PM

That Clowney is more concerned with his NFL career than USCjr's success this season. Got nothing but money and fame on his mind and isn't risking anything...

Clowney better realize that his lack of effort and

Sep 26, 2013, 2:53 PM

conditioning can drop his NFL stock. mental, physical, and other issues have made other superior athletes drop in the draft.

His effort and conditioning remind me of bowers before his father died.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

As much as I want to agree, I think his hype and measurables

Sep 26, 2013, 2:55 PM

alone will guarantee a top 10-15 pick for him, regardless of the rest of the season unless he just bombs big time. I'm mean that's what Jay-Z if for right?

I agree, but I think about guys like Sapp and Moss. who

Sep 26, 2013, 2:56 PM

went later in the 1st round than "expected".

I 100% expect someone to take him in the top 20 picks unless he blows out his knee lattimore-ish

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Re: As much as I want to agree, I think his hype and measurables

Sep 26, 2013, 4:23 PM [ in reply to As much as I want to agree, I think his hype and measurables ]

Clowney's measurables will guarantee a top pick. He is long, wide wingspan, will run a good 40. He is the best DE prospect in the draft. That does not give him the 1 spot for sure, but he will go high and possibly 1. What QB is considered good enough to move him? That is the question. QB is going to trump a DE. Lot of good college QBs but I don't see any Andrew Luck's sitting out there

He's saving himself for the Combines***

Sep 26, 2013, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Clowney better realize that his lack of effort and ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sep 26, 2013, 3:07 PM

Well I rarely go there, BUT reading this person's statements and the ignoramous responses from the Coot Koolaid Drinkers is priceless. He absolutely rips them!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

I love this line....

Sep 26, 2013, 3:11 PM

"he'll have good numbers playing their ACC schedule"

I guarantee that by the end of the regular season Clemson will have played more teams in the top 25 than usuc.

And FGF is not even the worst USuC forum.

Sep 26, 2013, 3:15 PM

Cocky Talk is the worst of all forums.Those clowns are even made fun of at USuC pressers, yet they think they matter,LOL

Hmmm......

Sep 26, 2013, 3:18 PM

I sure hope you don't care what "they" think...

J/S

Re: Hmmm......

Sep 26, 2013, 3:25 PM

It's not about caring what they think. It's that it's entertaining to be condescending to our rival fanbase.

They believe this delusion?

Sep 26, 2013, 3:55 PM

ccccccc:
And I do agree about the not gameplanning for Beasley in the ACC, since no defense is played in the ACC, why would you gameplan for any player in it? In BIG BOY football, teams do gameplan for one of the best college defensive players of our time.

Alabama: 49, Texas A&M: 42

That alone proves the point but because this is more fun...

Georgia: 35, Clemson: 38
Georgia: 41, South Carolina: 30

That lack of ACC defense held Georgia to less points than the "BIG BOY" football?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: They believe this delusion?

Sep 26, 2013, 4:20 PM

I was going to respond with that exact point, but was banned.

It is shocking how easy it is to get banned there

Sep 26, 2013, 4:33 PM

but here we have to listen to the same coots every day. I got banned years ago, but I went out in a blaze of glory.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with it all except for this.

Sep 26, 2013, 4:44 PM

"even when teams do run at Clowney he normally overpursues and the back runs right by him."

This is more of a generalization, and I have seen him make some good tackles on runs to his side this year- so I kind of disagree with that.

What's really true is number 3. Gamecocks especially should not be using this against Vic because it is the reason their own Melvin Ingram got drafted in the first round to begin with. Ingram was undersized, but he fits well into certain schemes and was drafted high. But of course that's different for Clemson players... not!

Re: I agree with it all except for this.

Sep 26, 2013, 5:20 PM

Whatever coot

Tell em coot!***

Sep 26, 2013, 9:04 PM

One thing is for sure

Sep 26, 2013, 5:34 PM

We know he isn't doing any schoolwork. Heck, he is barely playing football.

Biding his time. Has anyone ever gotten away with so little their junior year of college before opting for the draft? Yes, there are at least 9 games left for SC, but if the first 3 is any indication, he is going to play about 25 snaps per game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic