Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you are driving through Atlanta, looks like snow/freezing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

If you are driving through Atlanta, looks like snow/freezing

Jan 5, 2017, 11:13 AM
IMG_2183.PNG(57.2 K)

Rain arrives Friday night around 8:00 pm and the temp will not get above freezing on Saturday. Also, since it's supposed to be cloudy all day Saturday in Atlanta, the interstates may not thaw. Will make for some interesting travel for those of us driving this route on Saturday or Sunday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go thru augusta.***

Jan 5, 2017, 11:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: If you are driving through Atlanta, looks like snow/freezing

Jan 5, 2017, 11:20 AM

If it snows, do not go through Atlanta. Those people panic, abandon cars and it will be impossible to get through - go east and take I-95. It will be worth it.

There are over 6 million

Jan 5, 2017, 11:27 AM

people that live in Atlanta and all of them will be home on Saturday / Sunday. It will be a ghost town due to the last hard lesson we learned three years ago. The issue will be all the empty 18 wheel trucks having to make their way through Atlanta due to deadlines. That is what you really need to worry about IMO.

Message was edited by: CU1509®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i have to drop off my daughter's car in Clemson

Jan 5, 2017, 11:33 AM

She's a student and I'll be taking her back to Clemson on the return trip from Tampa. We have to drop off her car in Tigertown on the way to Tampa and going through Augusta would mean lots of potentially icy back roads. We will probably leave around 4:00 in the morning on Saturday and go through Atlanta. At least if the roads are white, there shouldn't be hardly anyone on the interstates. It's gonna be interesting. Thanks for the advice. This board is a wonderful place to bounce ideas off of other Tigers. We are going to beat Alabama. I can feel it!

To be honest guys Atlanta has put so much money in equipment

Jan 5, 2017, 11:39 AM

and a sand / salt mix over the last two years the roads should be better than Augusta. We learned our lesson from a few years back and the equipment they have on standby for the metro roads have improved dramatically over the last two years. I would pick going through Atlanta over Augusta.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blah. 3 hrs to get through the atl

Jan 5, 2017, 11:47 AM

On a clear summer day.

People in atl are aholes drivers.

6 lanes and you are in the far left a qrt mile from your exit. Uggggg

Greenville getting just as bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

major roads should be fine. Salt and sand staged along

Jan 5, 2017, 11:55 AM [ in reply to To be honest guys Atlanta has put so much money in equipment ]

all major roads for the past two years.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

85 to 385

Jan 5, 2017, 11:44 AM [ in reply to i have to drop off my daughter's car in Clemson ]

Leave car in any of the 6000 parking lots on woodruff rd.

385 to be 26 east.
26 east to 20. 20 to 78 toward macon.75 south to tampa.

Shouldn't see any snow south of simpleville.

Reverse way back.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic