Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you are disappointed in brad brownell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 2,750

If you are disappointed in brad brownell

Dec 21, 2014, 9:24 AM

Then you are dead on! Last time I checked, he gets paid to win. I don't think they pay him to just do post game interviews and claim to be outplayed. Heck, I could do that.

And don't claim he has lost players because isn't this a reflection of how his program is run?

The truth is, he seems to be on cruise control this year relaxing and he has a really hard time recruiting in the best basketball conference maybe ever. That alone aught to get you good players. I guess powerhouses like Winthrop have facilities we can't match.

I don't expect him to win the ACC every year but I certainly expect him to put a product on the floor we can be proud of. The blowout loss to SC seems to be just too much.

Cmon brad, earn your money. I was real proud of his coaching for a while but after his contract he seems to be saying, " I can just relax now, lettem Fire me. I'm satisfied." Nice job Drad , just horrible.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you are disappointed in brad brownell

Dec 21, 2014, 9:25 AM

You honestly think Brownell just does post-game interviews and says we got outplayed? And that's all he does for his job?

I literally have no way to respond to this. Just purely dumb.

Dec 21, 2014, 9:27 AM

I'm saying he is doing a poor job this season imo.

Dec 21, 2014, 9:33 AM

What's wrong with claiming he's lost players?

He lost KJ to the NBA. So, I guess you're right. It's a reflection on the way the program is run that he takes a nobody, barely 3-star recruit nobody wanted and makes him the NBA Rookie of the Year. Man, would hate to have that reflection on my program.

Dec 21, 2014, 9:35 AM

Obviously I wasn't referring to kj. Most people would easily see that.

The problem with pointing to KJ as a sign of what he can do

Dec 21, 2014, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: If you are disappointed in brad brownell ]

is to also point out that he lost one player from last year and his team is not very good. After five years to only have one good player and losing that player tanks your team, is a bit of an indictment, don't you think?

In college basketball, you only need 3 good ones to have a great team. Look at our roster and tell me how many of the players are even ACC caliber after 5 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about going back in time and telling us how many

Dec 21, 2014, 12:54 PM

Clemson basketball players were All-ACC, high pro drafts, prolific scorers, heavily recruited out of HS, BEFORE Brownell came???

How many losing/mediocre seasons has the team had in its history?? Do you think Clemson's basketball recruiters should spend ALL their time and the entire recruiting budget going up against Ken, Duke, unc, Louisville, Uconn, Syracuse, etc, for players we don't have a prayer of landing??? Or should they go after the best of the rest and hope they can find a gem in the rough and develop him??

I sincerely hope yours is not just another handle for the cowardly "blue caddie"....but your unthought out logic and pointed vitriol aimed at JUST ONE INDIVIDUAL is boring and telling

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that you, Coach Shyatt? Put the coffee cup down.

Dec 21, 2014, 1:06 PM

I've been a Clemson basketball fan since the 60s. Save your uninformed lectures for someone else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is that you, Coach Shyatt? Put the coffee cup down.

Dec 21, 2014, 1:21 PM

I'm glad my pointed post struck a nerve....and I've been ATTENDING Clemson basketball games since the '50's....I'll be glad to compare track records with ya anytime sport.....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That makes your lack of Clemson basketball knowledge and

Dec 21, 2014, 1:46 PM

history and your polyanna-ish sensitivity to even the slightest deserved criticism even more astounding.

Your jumping and shouting isn't going to alter anyone's opinion or behavior. Try bringing some facts to the table instead.

Here's my original post, caddy, I was asking YOU the

Dec 21, 2014, 2:12 PM

the questions you obviously don't know the answer to. I don't believe you have any knowledge of Clemson basketball. You're obviously unable to answer any of the questions I posed to you initially, instead trying to turn the tables accusing me of being uninformed and "pollyana-ish"--however that applies to this thread. So blue caddie, why don't you try answering the questions asked of you??

( how many) Clemson basketball players were All-ACC, high pro drafts, prolific scorers, heavily recruited out of HS, BEFORE Brownell came???

How many losing/mediocre seasons has the team had in its history?? Do you think Clemson's basketball recruiters should spend ALL their time and the entire recruiting budget going up against Ken, Duke, unc, Louisville, Uconn, Syracuse, etc, for players we don't have a prayer of landing??? Or should they go after the best of the rest and hope they can find a gem in the rough and develop him??

I sincerely hope yours is not just another handle for the cowardly "blue caddie"....but your unthought out logic and pointed vitriol aimed at JUST ONE INDIVIDUAL is boring and telling

Why the slavish, sycophantic, almost nostalgic devotion

Dec 21, 2014, 3:19 PM

to mediocrity that causes you to blister up when people have a simple conversation reflecting high interest, legitimate concerns and reasonable expectations for our basketball program. It doesn't allow you to recall the good teams and players from Clemson's past. Google it if you need a primer. Or is that just an obfuscation for not being able to have a conversation about our basketball struggles this year? You pretend there is no middle ground between recruiting the top 20 high school players in the country and the ones we are currently attracting.

Why the caffeinated rant defending the status quo? It's as though you feel having a good basketball program is somehow an impossibility. Or do you perceive it as some sort of threat? Too much money and attention drawn from the football program? Is that it?

In spite of your negative views of the possibilities for Clemson basketball, some of us actually love and enjoy basketball and want us to be good, and know that we can - like we have been in the past but without allowing the past to become some sort of glass ceiling.

why does everyone use big words I can't understand when they

Dec 21, 2014, 3:58 PM

get angry?

Me no can read good.

You weren't impressed?***

Dec 21, 2014, 4:50 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and you still haven't answered the questions in my op

Dec 21, 2014, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Why the slavish, sycophantic, almost nostalgic devotion ]

says a lot about your "knowledge" of Clemson basketball and the two previous rants--merely failed efforts to divert attention--are evidence of that....caddie

You expected a knowledgeable post? Nah!***

Dec 21, 2014, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: If you are disappointed in brad brownell ]

and now that a chicken has expressed its opinion,

Dec 21, 2014, 9:31 AM

the rest of the world can move on to other, far more important considerations.

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

Not to be a dumper but; If any of you folks expect to win

Dec 21, 2014, 9:50 AM

the ACC, you may want to become a Syracuse, UNCheat, Dookie fan. We will have seasons where we are in the top half, maybe even top 5, but we will never be the flagship of the ACC in Bball like we are in FB unless we can consistently get recruits to choose us. Never. No matter who comes here.

Look at the kids that we get to commit. They usually choose us over Winthrop, GW, UNCW, etc. When we can get them to choose us over the UNCheats, Dukes, the elites of the NCAABB world, like we do in FB we will always be mediocre.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe they'll put a twin occulus on the new Littlejohn

Dec 21, 2014, 10:48 AM

that will salve all our recruiting problems

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Who is brad brownell and what's a basketball?

Dec 21, 2014, 11:04 AM

It's not like a football is it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't make me come over and steal your

Dec 21, 2014, 11:08 AM

Christmas ornaments! I'm watchin you. Lol

Dec 21, 2014, 1:52 PM

the idiots on this board know no bounds. no one is more competitive than coach brownell. we have a #### good team that for some reason is not getting production from 3 or 4 guys we will really need to be successful. we are getting nothing from roper or ajukwa. and the last 2 games landry has been in bad foul trouble. you got to believe at some point these guys will get it together and take us where we need to be.

I don't blame Brad. We have to be realistic and understand

Dec 21, 2014, 5:45 PM

that the chances of Clemson basketball ever being competitive to win an ACC Championship (regular season or tournament) or make to the elite 8 of the NCAA are not ever going to be favorable. We have the facilities and can pay our coaches well. Clemson is just not a basketball school and the kids with marginal academic performance can go to schools like VCU and Richmond and any SEC school and be competitive.

I caught h3ll yesterday for suggesting that the CUAD should reduces the department's investment in BB and allocate it to other sports or start a softball team. Clemson BB, men's and women's, is just not worth the investment or angst. It's nothing against Brad. Just like USuCk will never win an SEC FB championship, Clemson will never win an ACC championship much less an NCAA championship.

I haven't watched a Bastikball game since the great Jordon

Dec 21, 2014, 6:45 PM

Era

Replies: 23
| visibility 2,750
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic