Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’ll never understand why people continue to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

I’ll never understand why people continue to

Jan 17, 2020, 12:23 PM

spend time dwelling on the national championship and the antics after the game, LSU won and quite frankly deserved to win, as they could’ve beaten us by 30. How they chose to celebrate after the game has absolutely nothing to do with our program. People can’t stand the fact that we actually lost a game because we weren’t as good as them, so they have to punch holes in the LSU program, and the officiating, to help themselves sleep at night. We’re actually going to nitpick how LSU celebrated, who honestly cares? it’s over. Move on, we will go on to do bigger and better things in our program. I wouldn’t give a rip if Ed Orgeron did his postgame interview butt naked, why? because it doesn’t concern us or our program.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’ll never understand why people continue to

Jan 17, 2020, 12:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 12:57 PM

Their celebration tells us absolutely nothing about what happened in the game right before the celebration.

However, I believe their celebration tells us more than we could have ever expected about the "behind the scenes" of their program.

It's not just LSU, but I think celebrations typically show a lot about how teams approach things in a day-to-day manner.

Every time Texas wins a big game, they proclaim they are back. I think we have seen in recent years that each time Texas wins a big game and proclaims to be back, they actually take a step back because being "back" is their end goal.

Bama typically has a very solemn celebration process and talks a lot about repeating. I think we have seen that Bama is always preparing for what's next and following a very strict process with little "fun factor".

Typically when Clemson celebrates you see players hugging and spending lots of time with their teammates and everyone is smiling and clearly happy but not taking celebration to an "over-the-top" level. Clemson players and coaches speak endlessly about their connections and love coming first and enjoying the good times while keeping things in perspective.

I think dwelling on LSU's celebration makes a lot of sense. Not because we are living in the past, but because we are trying to figure out who will challenge us in the future.

If you actually think that celebrating a win

Jan 17, 2020, 1:07 PM

actually has anything to do with future potential success you’re crazy, Texas’ end goal is to win National Championships just like every other programs’ end goal. Answer me this, if LSU’s culture and behind the scenes is so horrible, how did they manage to win a national championship in the first place?

Re: If you actually think that celebrating a win

Jan 17, 2020, 1:13 PM

Obviously everybody wants to win a national championship, but it's the culture of programs and their response to success that I'm talking about.

Sure Texas sets of goal of winning the national championship, but they beat UGA in the Sugar Bowl and then think they are great and rest on what they have achieved. Compare that with Ohio St who won a Rose Bowl in the same season and their team's postgame celebration was centered around where they were headed moving forward to the next season.

LSU's celebration tells you about the culture of the program. Maybe they will be back next season and keep the amazing fire that you saw this season, but their celebration doesn't lend to that.

They won this year with an amazingly talented roster and an incredible drive to get to the top. Their postgame celebration didn't show a team who handles success in a positive way.

Yeah they dealt with their success

Jan 17, 2020, 1:25 PM

horribly this year, after the Alabama game and the SEC Championship I think it cost them a national championship this year, oh wait...

Re: Yeah they dealt with their success

Jan 17, 2020, 1:31 PM

The week after they beat Bama they gave up 37 points and played a 4th quarter game with an absolutely terrible Ole Miss team.

Bama also wasn't their end goal, because as you stated all good teams have the goal of a national championship.

After a week of struggling, they were able to get back to playing better but still gave up 20 points to a dead in the water Arkansas team.

They didn't play another competitive game until the national championship.

They were able to move past their UGA and OK wins during the entire second half because their was no fight being applied from the opposition.

It's my opinion that they won't have a similar offseason with the same fire that they approached the 2019 with.

You obviously differ in opinion, but I'm not sure that you have given any evidence as to why.

I have no idea how much “fire” they will have, but

Jan 17, 2020, 3:22 PM

neither do you. Why? because neither of us have ever been in that locker room before or talked with any of the coaches. And if you’re best evidence is that they celebrated too much, then you have an extremely weak case. If you can’t enjoy winning the national championship then what’s the point of working towards it? And also if you could give me an example of what sets their celebrations over the line?, i’d love to know.

Jan 17, 2020, 12:59 PM

And you are complaining about people complaining...

What else are us college football junkies going to talk about?

Jan 17, 2020, 1:11 PM

I generally avoid the complaints....but do engage in a few.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 1:28 PM

The game just happened. Give it a week an we’ll be on to other things.

Jan 17, 2020, 1:32 PM

Follow the money!

getting all of that off of your chest must really make you

Jan 17, 2020, 2:04 PM

feel better

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You bet it does,

Jan 17, 2020, 3:14 PM

little man.

I'm glad you feel better.***

Jan 17, 2020, 3:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a load of bullcrap . . .

Jan 17, 2020, 2:35 PM

LSU won, but frankly, that "they could have beaten us by 30" thing is garbage. Don't whine about legitimate officiating gripes. #76 held literally the entire first half, much of the second, including on at least two LSU TD plays and other critical downs. Clemson got a TD taken away late b/c of an inaccurate PI call that should have been called on the defense. So, NO, they were nowhere near a 30 point victory. Without all those crap calls, they wouldn't have even been close to the 17 point victory they had. I'm not saying LSU wouldn't have WON without all this, but 30? Sheesh! Nope.

Now then, there were plenty of complaints on here about LSU prior to the game. Frankly, most other fanbases think their fans and student body and overall culture is pretty wretched, and there's plenty of truth to that, regardless of whether we won or lost.

Before the game, LSU was one of the teams I've always hated the most. No shock that others share the same reasons for hating them. There are some sour grapes out there, but it's more than JUST that.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic