Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nike Mach Speed Jersey
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Nike Mach Speed Jersey

Jan 6, 2016, 9:32 PM

Has anyone been able to find out why We are the only playoff team that Nike does not have the "playoff" jersey for sale?
I looked online and can find bama 2016 for $120 as well as MSU and OU (both of them at a discounted $80)
But nothing for us not even a "coming soon" ??? Am I wrong to except them to offer one given they are a sponsor?
Hopefully they will be forced to after we win it all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nike Mach Speed Jersey

Jan 6, 2016, 10:45 PM

I know Clemson is the only 1 of the 4 playoff teams that didn't wear the mach speed jersey. They still wore the older style. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2016, 11:48 PM

No need to change now. Go with what's been working.

Jan 7, 2016, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Nike Mach Speed Jersey ]

Are you sure? The Orange Bowl pictures sure do look like the Nike swoosh is metallic and not white. Just look at Ben on the front page.
There is not much difference But my main gripe is I want to throw some money at them and support my tigers but it seems we are the only school that can't! I think we need someone under cover to investigate this travesty.

haha. if i wanted to investigate this "travesty" there are 2

Jan 7, 2016, 8:29 AM

places i'd go first and neither are TigerNet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: haha. if i wanted to investigate this "travesty" there are 2

Jan 7, 2016, 8:33 AM

Yep, I actually called NIKE(literally took 90 seconds) and the customer service rep said she doesn't know why they aren't making them or why the other teams got them and we didn't. So no help on that front.

I guess NIKE didn't think Clemson fans would buy enough to make it worth their while.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

werd and gwp's ebay store would have been my 2nd call.***

Jan 7, 2016, 8:44 AM

Re: haha. if i wanted to investigate this "travesty" there are 2

Jan 7, 2016, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: haha. if i wanted to investigate this "travesty" there are 2 ]

They should ask Sports Illustrated about that. They probably had to rent more presses to print Clemson issues. We are still a "small market" team by corporate marketing standards I guess. Can't believe we are any smaller than OK though.

Lady in Pendleton sewed the new patches on

Jan 7, 2016, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Nike Mach Speed Jersey ]

same jerseys they used all season.

http://wspa.com/2016/01/06/pendleton-seamstress-gets-gear-ready-for-national-championship/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lady in Pendleton sewed the new patches on

Jan 7, 2016, 10:26 AM

Look at 1:17-1:22 you can see the swoosh is metallic. It's the diamond series with the 2016 patch being put on. That is the New Jersey. It pretty much identical to the old one but the mesh ventilation is laser cut out and the swoosh is metallic and not the usual white.

In any case I called Nike as well and eventually had a customer service rep check with marketing. Thinking that maybe a sku was messed up and the product was mistakenly left off their site... They can back and said its not being made for sale like the others, no explanation as to why.

We have to win it all and force this corporations hand to produce. Though after reading the above posted article regarding the schools AD not wanting to make a profit off a student athletes likeness, I am worried that we will not see any number 4 jerseys for sale anywhere next year :(

If we wore the Nike Mach Speed jersey....

Jan 7, 2016, 6:34 AM

Would that give us SEC speed or does the jersey only become "Mach speed" after the the SEC patch is sewn on?

Serious answers only please ??

Re: If we wore the Nike Mach Speed jersey....

Jan 7, 2016, 7:58 AM

It's the same with rice burners and all those #### stickers they put on them to go faster.....

Jan 7, 2016, 8:26 AM

We are wearing the Mach Speed uniforms in the playoffs.

http://news.nike.com/news/nike-reveals-college-football-playoff-uniform-looks

And the OP is correct, they have them in the Nike store for all of the playoff teams except us. Seems Weird.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Man, I like what I am reading about those explosive....

Jan 7, 2016, 8:37 AM

propulsion cleats!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson to limit numbers on football jersey sales

Jan 7, 2016, 8:57 AM

Could this be the reason?

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/2015/08/13/college-football-jersey-sales-numbers-gamecocks-pharoh-cooper-deshaun-watson/31633323/

I'm still trying to find a DW4 jersey for my display case

Jan 7, 2016, 9:20 AM

Nm

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic