Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Separation from Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Separation from Bama

Aug 22, 2019, 10:10 AM

Question for the bored:

Which do you feel would create more separation between our program and Bama:

Beating Bama for the title again or Clemson winning it again while Bama doesn't make it?

Bama getting there and losing has only seemed to create excuses for Bama.

If we can show staying power while Bama shows signs of getting passed by other teams, I wonder how it will affect the national perception of the two programs.

TIA for your responses.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Separation from Bama

Aug 22, 2019, 10:28 AM

For your agenda item, I think Alabama getting stopped in the semi's or not making the CFP at all is what you want (and assuming Clemson wins it all).

If we play Alabama again, I am doubtful it is another blowout and most likely a tight game. So even if Clemson wins, it will still be a 1A, 1B thing.

Once again, assuming we make the CFP championship- I hope we don't play Alabama... or any other SEC team. Not out of fear, just want the rest of the country outside the South to catch up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 10:51 AM

Yes the caveat is that we have to keep winning at a high level.

If we both lose before the title game or don't make it then it is a completely different outlook all together.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but based on where the high school talent remains, I don't see other regions catching the south.

California seems to be the only state that can truly compete with high school talent but their players seems to be just as happy heading south to play in college as they are to stay at home and give the PAC 12 a boost.

If we win our 3rd in 4 years . . .

Aug 22, 2019, 10:35 AM

I don't care if it is by one point or forty points, and I don't care if its over Bama or Michigan or Oklahoma or whatever . . . back-to-back and 3 out of 4 of means separation from everyone. Period.

And I don't give a #### what PF says. I ain't asking him, and it ain't for him to determine these things.

Re: If we win our 3rd in 4 years . . .

Aug 22, 2019, 10:47 AM

I know it doesn't matter to most Clemson fans which is why I phrased it as "national perception".

I think it shows more separation if we can continue to make it and beat different teams instead of meeting Bama every season.

I was just curious what others thought.

Re: If we win our 3rd in 4 years . . .

Aug 22, 2019, 10:56 AM

I'd rather play any non-Bama team just so that these Natty games don't start running together in my mind over the years!

lol ... you said Michigan***

Aug 22, 2019, 10:56 AM [ in reply to If we win our 3rd in 4 years . . . ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

saban retiring will help ***

Aug 22, 2019, 10:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban retiring because of Dabo

Aug 22, 2019, 10:46 AM

Is even better!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 10:47 AM

IMO we've already separated ourselves...I don't know how they will recover from 44-16. 2 in a row and 3 out of 4 will completely close the casket. Bama has had an amazing run but every dynasty comes to an end. Their 2019 squad has some major flaws and I see them losing 1 or 2, possibly to LSU, Auburn and/or Georgia in the SEC champ game. They still have question marks and injuries at LB, Tua is already banged up before the season starts, they only have 2 healthy RBs, their secondary will be a liability again, their kicking game will be bad again and they are breaking in brand new coaches.

Aug 22, 2019, 10:54 AM

I know there are Clemson fans who feel we have already separated from Bama as a program but I'm not ready to make that jump at this point.

If you watched Bama play anybody besides Clemson last year and you still expect them to be challenged in multiple games outside of a game against UGA then you are seeing something totally different than me.

That struggling secondary you mentioned barely let LSU cross the 50, so I'm certainly not ready to put them in a category of upsetting Bama.

Ha no we have not separated from them.***

Aug 22, 2019, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Separation from Bama ]

Re: Ha no we have not separated from them.***

Aug 22, 2019, 3:12 PM

44-16 is a pretty big separation IMO

Bama left out of CFP and Tigers curb stomp the Dawgs***

Aug 22, 2019, 10:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama left out of CFP and Tigers curb stomp the Dawgs***

Aug 22, 2019, 11:04 AM

TU because you got me to picture it and now my day is better.

Aug 22, 2019, 2:16 PM

I don't give a care about perceived separation or national perception by non-Clemson fanbases & players or some in the media. Only winning matters.

I hope SEC teams, Paul Finebaum and whoever else continue to throw shade at Clemson. It makes them look petty and small as long as we stay classy.

Haters gonna hate. Stay above it and enjoy the ride! They've accomplished their goal when we flip out about stuff.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic