Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we win coin toss, we have to choose to receive
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,035

If we win coin toss, we have to choose to receive

Dec 31, 2017, 9:55 AM

Bama is scared. Bama is desperate. If we march it down the field and take the lead, I think they hit the panic mode quick. If we go up 2 scores... I expect them to abandon the run and get a few personal fouls on both sides of the ball. They are weak minded, we have to punch them in the mouth first to let them know we are coming for them all night... and watch them fold like a tent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes and they will play dirty like last year***

Dec 31, 2017, 10:18 AM

Re: If we win coin toss, we have to choose to receive

Dec 31, 2017, 10:18 AM

Go on defense, smack them in the mouth causing a fumble and score on defense. Then do it again. That will shut them up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama

Dec 31, 2017, 10:23 AM

Will get the opportunity to call the toss since they are the visiting team. I believe the coaches prefer to play defense first but will probably play offense.

Agree, but...

Dec 31, 2017, 10:27 AM

If it were me, I'd receive and hope to score on the first drive. I don't think Hurts is capable of playing from behind against a quality defense. But, I see our coaches electing to defer to the 2nd half and playing the field position game to turn this into another 4th quarter game. Our ability to convert on 3rd down and extend drives has proven to wear down the Bama defense, allowing us to exploit them late in the game.

That said, I don't think it makes much of a difference. Everybody wants to get the ball in the 2nd half and hopes for a stop on the first drive.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2017, 10:27 AM

We should absolutely choose to defer to the second half...

At halftime, if you're down, you NEED the ball... if you're up, the other team needs the ball, but.... you have it..

Possessions will increasingly matter as the game goes on.. so what happens on the first drive of the game isn't nearly as important as what happens on the first drive of the second half.

Dec 31, 2017, 10:40 AM

You cannot win the coin toss because you will NOT have the opportunity to make the call. Pretty simple really.

It really doesn’t matter either ....
If you’ve come to play. And the Tigers have.

Dec 31, 2017, 10:30 AM

Not sure where all that is coming from but players and coaches respect Alabama more than that, and that is what counts. Alabama teams don't go belly up when they get punched in the face, so to speak. It is going to be a battle to the end and neither team has quit in them.

Dec 31, 2017, 10:38 AM

There’s an argument for deferring or receiving. One thing I like about having the ball to start the third quarter is the fact that there is often less noise and focus amongst the crowd. Not always, mind you, but there’s a good chance lots of fans will still be milling around in the concourse when they kick it off to start the second half. Whatever the reason, there’s just not usually the same level of crowd involvement for that initial Q3 drive.

Weather is clearing up from overnight rain. Gonna be a great day in NOLA!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

I wouldn't and I doubt Dabo will either.

Dec 31, 2017, 10:46 AM

Be conservative and beat Nick at his own game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and Dabo said

Dec 31, 2017, 11:04 AM

there is only thing better than beating 'Bama ________________ beating 'Bama twice !!!!!

GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Depends on whether or not we are in orange chrome like

Dec 31, 2017, 11:06 AM

I've heard was going to happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,035
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic