Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: No chance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: No chance

Nov 27, 2013, 11:11 AM

No chance

Listen to the all the talk, and you realize that Clemson has absolutely no shot at winning Saturday's rivalry game against South Carolina. That just might be the only edge Clemson needs in order to stop the streak. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know the ole ball sac won't allow this to happen...

Nov 27, 2013, 11:18 AM

but I sure hope the USuCk players are buying this crap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy sounds like he's 1 sammich short of a picnic***

Nov 27, 2013, 11:21 AM

Re: This guy sounds like he's 1 sammich short of a picnic***

Nov 27, 2013, 12:19 PM

It sounds like the coots T O O K the whole basket.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like it.....just the way we want it going into the game***

Nov 27, 2013, 11:24 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope that every chicken player thinks every player on...

Nov 27, 2013, 11:37 AM

...the Clemson roster is nothing more than a glorified, church going, FCS player that they wouldn't take the time to p155 on in back alley of Columbia.

I'd love for someone to place a gift bag in every USuC player's locker with the message, "Give NO RESPECT To Clemson".

This is the only way to bring the nasty to the "doo-doo ice" stadium of the South.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: I like it.....just the way we want it going into the game***

Nov 27, 2013, 12:33 PM [ in reply to I like it.....just the way we want it going into the game*** ]

Exactly just like last year when everyone but the coots were saying they couldn't and wouldn't win in DV. How did that turn out!!! My personal feeling deep in my gut is telling me, our Clemson Tigers are going to pick them chickens apart in their own coop. Call all who still make feather pillows, b/c the floor of billy brice will be covered in chicken feathers. I think we are 49/37 in billy brice. Sunday morning we will be 50/37 in billy bloody brice stadium. GOOOOOOOOO BIG CATSSSSS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reality is we should have beaten a Dylan Thompson led

Nov 27, 2013, 11:26 AM

SCar team last year at home. Once again, we are the better team. We just have to play at least our B+ game. We match up really well this year and should win the game. Just gotta avoid a big momentum swinging turnover.

If we were the better team, we would have won

Nov 27, 2013, 12:13 PM

No excuses. We may (and this is arguable) have had more talent on our side, but were pretty clearly outcoached on both sides of the ball. Not to say that I don't think DS, CM & BV aren't good coaches but they didn't get it done. This year, I think they will.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny, we had no chance against LSU either

Nov 27, 2013, 11:26 AM

and the spread was essentially the same. Plus LSU was loaded with more senior, NFL worthy talent. And they were deemed to have been "punished" unfairly by not only going to such a lowly bowl but to be playing such an inferior opponent.

Nothing will energize Boyd and Sammy and probably Brandon Thomas more than to be told they are losers in their last effort to prove themselves to the fans and the scouts in the regular season. Bring on the underdog talk!!

I personally have never said we weren't going to win...but

Nov 27, 2013, 11:33 AM

I can almost guarantee Clowney will try and have the game of his career come Nov 30.

Two reasons, first off, who is to say that he has truly had "aches and pains." Weren't we all suspect that he was 'saving' himself for the draft? Are we now all the sudden believers that he was indeed ill through his senior season?

Secondly, he probably wants a good showing for his draft status. He's probably going first round regardless but there is no telling what the coaching staff puts in these kids ears.

Believe what you want, but if you're expecting Clowney to be a nonfactor in this game, you've got some high hopes yourself. All this said, I STILL think we have a shot at a W.

If Clowney didn't play all season to "protect" himself for

Nov 27, 2013, 1:10 PM

the NFL... why in the world would he risk getting hurt in his last college game??

I doubt we see much out of him on Saturday.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Just from the things he has said. Like "I'll never know what

Nov 27, 2013, 1:18 PM

it feels like to lose to Clemson."

You have to think, these are still immature kids...that don't always do what is best for themselves. Unless Spurrier takes him OUT of the game, I don't expect the Clown to let up.

We will see him, especially if that fan base is delusional enough that they think they have a shot at Pasadena...

how much do you think usuc is paying him? thats what he is

Nov 27, 2013, 1:31 PM

after.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Incentives...prob and extra 100,000 for each sack...***

Nov 27, 2013, 1:36 PM

Yep, that's how a team can lose to a pathetic Tennessee team

Nov 27, 2013, 1:59 PM [ in reply to I personally have never said we weren't going to win...but ]

but be on fire for a #6 team.

Motivation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

David, I actually thought we had a chance until I read this.

Nov 27, 2013, 11:55 AM

I have found over the years that numbers like these usually don't get trumped.

Re: Front Page Story: No chance

Nov 27, 2013, 11:58 AM

Our strategy and play calling must be sound.

Our players must be physical.

You can bet every player for SCar will believe they can win.

So must we.

The game is a toss up.

Nov 27, 2013, 11:59 AM

I haven't heard anybody say that either team has "no chance", but I guess I must just be out of the loop because I don't have time to listen to all the talk. I don't know when things changed where in order to get motivated, you had to have others beat you down. Perhaps I should surround myself with more negativity and pessimism.

Does anybody have the phone number for my ex-wife? I should go back to a life of misery. That's the only way I'll achieve my goals, give it my all, and believe in myself. I would never try my best if people didn't tell me that I was a POS and that I had no chance.

FU Clemson! You guys can't win! (you can thank me later for this confidence booster)

Re: The game is a toss up.

Nov 27, 2013, 12:22 PM

you had me at "go back to my ex-wife" for more misery :)

we can do it...just need to follow through!

Go Tigers!!!

Re: The game is a toss up.

Nov 27, 2013, 8:03 PM [ in reply to The game is a toss up. ]

Agree it's a toss-up.

Shades of 2003! We're doomed!

Nov 27, 2013, 12:11 PM

If you're coming skert, don't come at all. This is going to be Strychnine and serpents from the get-go.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2013, 12:16 PM

I like this article, but there are also big differences between the LSU team we beat AT A NEUTRAL SITE, and the chicken team we play AT THEIR HOUSE Saturday. LSU basically was a 1 dimensional offensive football team when we beat them last year. You cannot even begin to claim that about the chickens. They had a good D, but did not have a player like Clowney who could take over a game. I too believe that IF Morris doesn't earn his paycheck and actually game plan to neutralize Clowney, you can expect another multi-sack night for that illiterate boob.

I actually think that's why Dabo heaped praise on the rest of their D linemen; to put forth the excuse ahead of time for not doubling Clowney. IF we lose again due to poor offensive scheming, Dabo and company will say, "Well, we couldn't dedicate multiple blockers to one guy because the rest of their D linemen are stars too." Based on Morris's interview, it sounds like our coaching staff is going to be willing to let our OT's pride get in the way of a solid game plan, and if that is the case, expect to hear about "The Thumb" all through next year.

Nov 27, 2013, 12:32 PM

I agree with Mr Hood... Clemson lost their best receiver and their best running back this year in Ellington and Hopkins to graduation... they are playing at USC against , this time, USC's first team QB..

.. I can understand why Mr.Hood is smart enough to understand Clemson has no chance to win this game

But you can't understand basic literary elements such as

Nov 27, 2013, 1:58 PM

sarcasm, tone, intended audience, and irony?

Please, keep talking.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2013, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: No chance ]

lsu also gave the game away.

Nov 27, 2013, 12:51 PM

Yep, just like Mizzou gave away that game to y'all, and Florida gave away that game to y'all, etc, etc, etc...

Care to elaborate, coot?***

Nov 27, 2013, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: No chance ]

That would require him to go off-script***

Nov 27, 2013, 2:09 PM

that banned word is s-c-r-i-p-t

Nov 27, 2013, 2:09 PM

forgot that html reserved words are removed

LSU...Did you watch the game?

Nov 27, 2013, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: No chance ]

Yeah they also were not "motivated" to be in Atlanta.
Nor was TN a few years back. Thank you Duane Coleman.
Go Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPr-xsQvhgw

If we lose again because of offensive scheming, someone

Nov 27, 2013, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: No chance ]

should be fired.

Nov 27, 2013, 12:31 PM

Either an FSU game or LSU game. Who knows?

Regarding no chance, I heard

Nov 27, 2013, 12:34 PM

that us Tiger fans were booking many rooms in Atl for the Chik-Fila Bowl! I would assume propaganda but it still pees me off! 31-24 Tigers

I booked my rooms in Miami!***

Nov 27, 2013, 4:06 PM

Tigers Will Win

Nov 27, 2013, 1:00 PM

Forget recent history and emotion. Here are some indisputable facts:

1. We have a common opponent. We won. They didn't.

2. We are higher ranked for a reason. We lost to #2 FSU
and they lost to UGA (who we beat)and Tenn

3. Tiger defense is better this year. Gamecock defense is
not as good as previous years.

4. We lost to a top 2 team in the country playing their
best. They beat a top 5(?) team because MO missed
two chip shot FG's

5. Clemson has more incentive to win for the seniors this
year, so they don't go ofer their career at Clemson
against USC.

Two things that could derail a Tigers win:

1. Losing the turnover battle (true for most any game)

2. Not getting off the field on 3rd and 4th down defense
and losing the TOP by a large margin so our offense is
limited.

I really haven't heard that anywhere

Nov 27, 2013, 1:01 PM

South Carolina is a slight favorite, but Clemson is still ranked in the Top 10.

Those streaks you referred to do not mean anything in this game. They are just talking points. I don't think Tajh Boyd has a particular anxiety against SC.

Even the national pundits acknowledge it will be a close game. The ones who are picking South Carolina are believing they will win by only a few points.

Please don't play the pity card. I don't think any Gamecock player thinks it will be an easy game.

^^^^^^^ This.

Nov 27, 2013, 4:32 PM

I agree.

We have a chance if...

Nov 27, 2013, 1:13 PM

we can run the ball! If we can move the ball effectively on the ground like we did against Georgia we will be just fine in this game. Being able to run the ball will keep them on their toes and open up the passing game and will allow TB more time in the pocket. However, if we get behind early and hit the panic button and abandon the run then we are probably in for a long long night. Other than the FSU game our D has played really well and if they come out playing physical and sock these coots in the mouth then they will keep us in the ball game. It'll more than likely be a close game and which ever team gets a critical turnover or a big time defensive stance late in the 4th will have the opportunity to win it.

Wait a minute. I see newslinks on the front page right now

Nov 27, 2013, 1:22 PM

to three national predictions. Clemson is picked to win in two of them.

sounds about right to me.***

Nov 27, 2013, 1:30 PM

Nov 27, 2013, 1:53 PM
image.jpg(87.3 K)

Just a reminder. It's our 10 year anniversary. 63-17 baby

Nov 27, 2013, 2:31 PM

TIGERS WIN !!!!!!!!____________period*****

Come on DH, huge exaggeration. No one has said

Nov 27, 2013, 2:32 PM

we have no chance. Sounds all "circle the wagons"!like if that's what you're going for. Most of the mange will buy in so I give you that.

I think we win a close one but it will be a battle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well my take..,

Nov 27, 2013, 2:59 PM

Stats, games this season, and the past four match ups aside , I really can't see Clemson winning this one on the road. The Gamedicks ALWAYS seem to play their best against us and I can't see that changing this year. Yea they barely beat Florida but they will look like a team that could beat Alabama Saturday night. Every single one of y'all know it will happen like that. The always play the game of their miserable lives vs us.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Well my take..,

Nov 27, 2013, 3:09 PM

All South Carolina is using as motivation when talking to there players is the fact that Clemson is ranked #6. So don't think they are coming into this game unmotivated.

So we don't have a chance because they will play well???

Nov 27, 2013, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Well my take.., ]

Wow. I hope you don't watch it. Or if you do, please make sure there are no sharp objects nearby. Just in case....

It all boils down to whether we play at the top of OUR game, too. I vote we will and let them prove me wrong. Especialy since Boyd and Sammy and Vic Beasley and Brandon Thomas and....all have something to prove more than ever to fans, teammates, and to the scouts.

Gamecock fan here. Who is saying y'all don't have a chance?

Nov 27, 2013, 4:21 PM

Please list specific names and quotes.

I talk with my fellow fans and nobody I know is saying this.

Everyone I talk with says y'all have a good team and this game could go either way.

I'm confused by this "nobody thinks we can win" mentality.

You have a good team, and most reasonable fans on our side know it.

COOT!

Nov 27, 2013, 4:27 PM

;)

TATER!

Nov 27, 2013, 4:30 PM

;)

This will be legendary literature Sunday Morn

Nov 27, 2013, 4:27 PM

Sniff, sniff..

I think I smell rusty old pitchfork...

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Nov 27, 2013, 4:34 PM

Stupid article!

I remember honestly thinking we had NO shot against

Nov 27, 2013, 5:08 PM

LSU. (I was at the game) but honestly throughout the day I was enjoying being with other Tiger fans and enjoying a cloudy day in Atlanta with overall nice LSU fans. As I sat watching the two teams take the field and begin to prepare I was thinking I hope we can keep this respectable.

It goes to show you, that the game has to be played.

Lets go get em TIGERS!

Nov 27, 2013, 5:15 PM

I sense sarcasm in your article. If the team and coaches believe those stats ,we are going to be killed. We have to match the hate they have for us. Give me the attitude of the Clemson team in the brawl game.

The part about you couldn't pay me

Nov 27, 2013, 6:20 PM

To go down there is a sad attitude to have. Come with me and let's look at our enemies with calm, class and confidence. Stride don't shriek into that dirty place. Man up...see you in Cola. I'm there!!!

I'M THERE! in all my orange glory...

Nov 27, 2013, 8:14 PM

They'll hear me roar even if they stick me up & away in the farthest corner!

I especially invite all their degrading trash-talk before the game & during tailgating, keeps me smiling :)

I have my share to talk back & have learned a lot on the many road games this season, a few new f-bombs, etc...

GO TIGERS!

Sooooooo, you're saying your Press pass is available??

Nov 27, 2013, 6:29 PM

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GML4U3GbmBM

Nov 27, 2013, 11:15 PM

Willy brice, funny david. Grow up. You, your fans, and coaches continue talking crap. Doesnt help your chances saturday night in williams brice.

I highly doubt saying anything on a board would "help" or

Nov 27, 2013, 11:19 PM

hurt or chances. And why the he!! do you have tigers in your username...grow up yourself...

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic