Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we have to go shopping for a new coach, I hope we get a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

If we have to go shopping for a new coach, I hope we get a

Dec 10, 2013, 10:11 PM

young, energetic, positive coach with at least 5 years of proven experience at the FBS level. He needs to have a resume as well. Something along the lines of 50 wins, 3 division titles, at least one conference championship, and a couple of BCS Bowl appearances in his young tenure. I know that's quite a resume to expect a young coach to have. He also needs to be a proven recruiter, loved and respected by his players, and a good person in the community. I'm not sure we could attract such a catch.

Oh wait, never mind.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mike Gundy?

Dec 10, 2013, 10:12 PM

Wait, he's 1-9 against OU

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I see what u did there.

Dec 10, 2013, 10:14 PM

Nice.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we have to go shopping for a new coach, I hope we get a

Dec 10, 2013, 10:36 PM

Does he have to have beaten his instate rival at least once in 5 years?

Also a clean program that graduayes his kids. Sounds like?***

Dec 10, 2013, 10:51 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

t***

Dec 10, 2013, 10:51 PM

if we ran Dabo off, we'd be idiots....win at all costs soul

Dec 10, 2013, 11:17 PM

sellers....if you can't see that guy's passion, you're nuts. If you can't see how much he's cleaned up the program with discipline and accountability, you're nuts....did anyone else hear John Bunting during the Citadel game talk about how, as an NFL scout, Clemson had the reputation of being one of the worst schools in the nation to work a player out at?....because players were late, coaches didn't prepare them, players were not ready for workouts, etc....all of this for THEIR FUTURES....wait, the coaching staff was done with them and they didn't matter...reminds me of how so many Tiger fans completely lose track of former Tigers in the NFL because they aren't helping us anymore....a telling indictment of the previous regime in a number of ways. Bunting said that Dabo has transformed the program into a model program in the eyes of other coaches and NFL people to the point to where it's a place that many would beat down the door to be around. Dabo recruits, drinks a glass of give a #### about those kids, graduates players, and is in no way shape or form satisfied with being a good ACC program. He wants to be relevant nationally EVERY year...call me naive but i don't think that guy would leave for the Alabama job because of how much he's invested. Go ahead and cream me for saying anything about the Bama job because Dabo "wouldn't get it offered to him anyway", etc....i don't care about that....That guy is exactly who i want running our program, period. He's a class act, a real human being, and will not tolerate selling his soul for wins at all costs. Sit back, watch the growth, and we'll be putting him in the ROH after he retires, i'd bet 10 paychecks on it. A good man who happens to be our football coach, not a great football coach who happens to be another Pell or Bowden....Listen to Jim Stuckey and others who talk about how they were uncomfortable around the program until Dabo took over....a tell tale sign of an insecure staff and HC who think anyone who wore the Paw before they got there is a threat....talk to kids like i knew who were recruited when West or Bowden were there and we had STARTERS telling them not to sign at Clemson and they went elsewhere and made the NFL in some cases while wearing a "G" or a Chicken on their helmet...talk to them now when they tell you that Dabo is a father figure to them....speaks volumes, man....volumes. It's not about the church going stuff, it's not about the rants on Spurrier...it's about what type of human being he is. When we win big with him we'll win big in more ways than on the scoreboard. It'll be with character, unlike the Meyer's and OBS's of the world. Volumes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOF in my opinion.***

Dec 10, 2013, 11:25 PM

YOU TELL'M HOOOOO RAHHHHHHH***

Dec 11, 2013, 12:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if we ran Dabo off, we'd be idiots....win at all costs soul

Dec 10, 2013, 11:30 PM [ in reply to if we ran Dabo off, we'd be idiots....win at all costs soul ]

I think Clemson was a Gurley, Marshall & Clowney signing away from being an elite team this year. Based on the success of his recruiting and results with his recruits playing in the NFL now, I have no doubt that Dabo is the best fit for Clemson. Hopefully, he will be able to keep his current staff and they will take another step forward in 2014. (including beating South Carolina in Death Valley)

agree, and we will not lose all of those types of players

Dec 10, 2013, 11:36 PM

every year like we used to, basically...with a few exceptions. Some of the ones we lost aren't happy now, i'd guarantee you...kids talk...relationships with coaches is huge to kids when all other things are equal, with a few wins separating programs...you aren't talking the difference between Clemson and a Wake Forest. You're talking Clemson being an eyelash away from being a top 5 type program almost every year. I've been stationed in Cali three different times in the last 17 years, three years a pop. Clemson was a complete unknown out here from '93 to '96, '06 to '09, but not now. Clemson is talked about on now SoCal sports talk radio and it's in large part because of what Dabo and his staff are building.

Eyelash away. 1 play away. Next year!

Dec 10, 2013, 11:42 PM

Any prediction on when we start beating FSU and South Carolina again?

Re: Eyelash away. 1 play away. Next year!

Dec 10, 2013, 11:50 PM

I think Clemson will beat South Carolina next year. It will be a home game and Clemson will no longer have to play with a thin recruiting class that they had due to Bowden's resignation, and Dabo is now a more experienced head coach. (which should help in state recruiting swing back in Clemson's favor)

FSU will likely beat Clemson next year IMO. (considering the game is in Tallahassee and Winston will be a sophomore next year) I think Clemson will start competing with FSU in 2015.

FSU has in no way shape or form owned us. USuCk has

Dec 10, 2013, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Eyelash away. 1 play away. Next year! ]

owned us and if you think that isn't under Dabo's skin, i think that you're mistaken. FSU is loaded this year but we'll deal with them as we'll deal with USuCk....next year, and every year after that. You keep grinding and you do it with a HC like Dabo who is a lot more than just a coach to those players. We we win big and we'll win big the right way and that substance will be, in my opinion, the most substance that we may have ever had in the program.

Re: FSU has in no way shape or form owned us. USuCk has

Dec 10, 2013, 11:58 PM

You can tell that Dabo's a competitive guy.

Based on his decisions/actions, I have no doubt that he will continue to make the decisions necessary to make Clemson an elite football program.

Yay next year!***

Dec 11, 2013, 12:14 AM [ in reply to FSU has in no way shape or form owned us. USuCk has ]

U effin suck !***

Feb 6, 2014, 7:48 AM

Dec 11, 2013, 7:23 AM [ in reply to Eyelash away. 1 play away. Next year! ]

> Any prediction on when we start beating FSU and South
> Carolina again?

As soon as you leave Tigernet and never come back.

Feb 5, 2014, 10:33 PM

Coot ehr!

COOT***

Dec 11, 2013, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Eyelash away. 1 play away. Next year! ]

Dec 10, 2013, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: if we ran Dabo off, we'd be idiots....win at all costs soul ]

I forgot about Nkemdiche… (sp?)

Dec 11, 2013, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Re: if we ran Dabo off, we'd be idiots....win at all costs soul ]

> I think Clemson was a Gurley, Marshall & Clowney
> signing away from being an elite team this year.
> Based on the success of his recruiting and results
> s with his recruits playing in the NFL now, I have no
> doubt that Dabo is the best fit for Clemson.
> Hopefully, he will be able to keep his current staff
> f and they will take another step forward in 2014.
> (including beating South Carolina in Death Valley)

If we had Gurley, would be stop using in games he averages 8 yards a carry?

Dec 10, 2013, 11:36 PM [ in reply to if we ran Dabo off, we'd be idiots....win at all costs soul ]

I would have loved to read this had you found your Enter key.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2013, 12:14 AM

CAREFUL ! The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his RIFLE ... 7.62 MM ... You maggots here him !!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

kind of got lost in the grammar and adjectives....but that

Dec 11, 2013, 7:54 AM [ in reply to if we ran Dabo off, we'd be idiots....win at all costs soul ]

was awesome

HOF post indeed. Well worth the read. Nicely DOne!***

Feb 5, 2014, 11:32 PM [ in reply to if we ran Dabo off, we'd be idiots....win at all costs soul ]

We have only won two division titles...The asterisk is BS...

Dec 11, 2013, 12:02 AM

+1 for the rest.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just think what a REAL coach woulda done with that talent

Dec 11, 2013, 12:24 AM

you know - a coach who is capable of winning games from the sideline on game day. and not just making games closer due to dumb decisions/calls. Man, I long for one of those coaches.

How do you feel about your guy, Steve Spurrier, and Tennessee play calling?

Dec 11, 2013, 7:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ahh, the old "don't like the message so attack the messanger

Dec 11, 2013, 9:45 AM

shtick. i get it. you think anyone who doesn't agree with Dabo is a coot. Well, its not true and there are a lot more of us CLEMSON PEOPLE out here who feel this way.

we will not blindly follow the 2nd messiah.

Re: ahh, the old "don't like the message so attack the messanger

Feb 5, 2014, 10:42 PM

I'm not attacking you, but you seem to be articulating an idiotic point of view. I'm sure you're a peach of a fella though!

Dec 11, 2013, 12:27 AM

If Saban goes to Texas,there is no way Alabama would hire Dabo. They want a real coach.

So, they are looking to hire TigerNet?***

Dec 11, 2013, 7:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Dec 11, 2013, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Re: If we have to go shopping for a new coach, I hope we get a ]

> If Saban goes to Texas,there is no way Alabama would
> hire Dabo. They want a real coach.

Tigernet needs a real fan not an idiot.

You left out losing season with NFL talent everywhere

Dec 11, 2013, 8:52 AM

on the field. Must get waxed every other big game on national stage.

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Tennessee

Dec 11, 2013, 8:54 AM

yes Tennessee

If you are going to counter at least make it relevant like

Dec 11, 2013, 8:56 AM

0-8 yes 0-8. Bielemma. Petrino or something

or 52-6 over The Citadel

Tennessee

Dec 11, 2013, 9:11 AM

enough said

at least they have a win over a top twenty team

Dec 11, 2013, 9:36 AM

they took your quality win to OT

Played 7 ranked teams. They will be back. Coots blew their best chance

He also left out back to back bowl wins over top 10 teams.***

Feb 5, 2014, 11:35 PM [ in reply to You left out losing season with NFL talent everywhere ]

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic