Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we got played by Josh Belk and attorney, then the sad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,568

If we got played by Josh Belk and attorney, then the sad

May 22, 2018, 7:30 PM

thing is that he used an excuse that could be legit for many other athletes across the country. But he has used illness, which is very low. I'm sure we had no choice but to go along with it just to get him out of our hair. But it is one thing to just comply and another to pronounce someone and their family "great".

The entire situation is a waste of a huge amount of time and resources. I really hope another school wasn't complicit in pulling this stunt.

I think he will end up at South Carolina, but the fact that he is even visiting Georgia exposes this entire scenario as BS.

This is much worse than simply flipping as a commit. This type of charade has the potential to completely change the scholarship system and turn it into a free agency that will not work.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we got played by Josh Belk and attorney, then the sad

May 22, 2018, 7:39 PM

I agree with your opinion. I hope Belk is telling the truth but so many things don’t add up. I don’t know for sure so I can’t say what he is thinking. I just hope his case is legit because if it’s not it could help set a new precedence in CFB. Kids need to understand what commitment means. They need to understand loyalty. I hope what we are seeing is not the result of the NCAA catering to a lack of character. Time will tell. Honestly though what can we expect in a world where over signing and cutting players to make room for new recruits is commonplace. I’m glad Dabo doesn’t do it. I wish our signees would show the same amount of loyalty to our program as our program does to them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we got "played" then Dabo did the exact right thing

May 22, 2018, 7:46 PM

Not giving him a release would be the same as saying "Ya know, Doc, I see the risks but I think I'll just keep these cancerous cells"

The team that ends up with him is the one that is going to have trouble.

The only time I see being wasted on him now is on this board. I doubt the coaches talk about him at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we got "played" then Dabo did the exact right thing

May 22, 2018, 7:56 PM

the fact is the kid tried several times during spring to quit then went and got a lawyer who told dabo that he would release a statement that dabo really doesnt care about families if he did not give belk his unconditional release. fact is it was just the kid wanting out for whatever reason. work ethic, depth chart, several things. plus it was pretty evident that lance thompson stayed "in touch" with the family. we as clemson people should wish him good riddance and be glad the bad seed is gone. this topic should be dropped.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or it would be like saying yeah doc you and josh

May 22, 2018, 8:47 PM [ in reply to If we got "played" then Dabo did the exact right thing ]

Are liars

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Karma has a way of working things out!

May 22, 2018, 7:51 PM

Just sayin. . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Karma has a way of working things out!

May 22, 2018, 8:00 PM

Yep, just ask Demarre Kitt who the REAL tigers are now...and how his college career went.
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/21/ex-clemson-wr-demarre-kitt-to-give-another-juco-a-try/
Then a 2017 update:
http://www.680kfeq.com/2017/02/06/man-accused-of-forging-pharmacy-prescription/

And this

May 22, 2018, 9:08 PM

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/17/ex-clemson-wr-kyrin-priester-dismissed-by-wazzu-a-second-time/

Again, wish him good riddance and move on

May 22, 2018, 8:37 PM

He's a waste of time, energy, and effort at this point. He had a poor work ethic at Clemson and tried quitting several times. He will be a paper weight at his next school. Dabo is doing the smart thing by dropping dead weight and allowing this kid to poison the next program. Laziness is not the standard at Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: If we got played by Josh Belk and attorney, then the sad

May 22, 2018, 8:40 PM

Nobody got played. It was known what the truth was it was just too big of a problem to need to deal with. He was a detriment to the team and it was best he left. Bad seeds spread through any program and we don't need that, the attorney and everything was just an excuse.

True,"we got played" does not really fit. If anything, Dabo

May 22, 2018, 9:10 PM

played it perfectly by just getting him on his way ASAP.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,568
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic