Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Clemson OL target commits to Penn State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Clemson OL target commits to Penn State

Jun 10, 2015, 7:55 AM

Clemson OL target commits to Penn State

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson OL target commits to Penn State

Jun 10, 2015, 10:57 AM

Haven't we lost four or five recruits in a row lately? I had some doubts about "Street" taking over as recruiting coordinator and so far I've seen little to encourage me. By the way I like "Street" and think he's a great QB coach. Help me feel better about him as a recruiter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2015, 11:08 AM

Don't see a need to make you feel better about Street. Fries is from NJ, closer to home and some kids just want to be closer to home. Some people think everyone we recruit automatically comes to Clemson. This is truly a cardiac fanbase sometimes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2015, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson OL target commits to Penn State ]

We've lost out on a couple targets but these are high school kids it's #### near impossible to get every top prospect on our board. Like the previous fan said some kids just like closer to home besides fries wasn't our top oline chose anyways. With pollard all we need to land is couple more guys like Simpson or Parker b and we will be more than just fine. We also have a low number of recruits this class we can take so we aren't goin to land all the so called "targets" out there

it's much more likely that Streeter would gain or lose

Jun 10, 2015, 12:51 PM

a recruit within the first several months of his tenure,

than it would be for him to make Cole Stoudt a much better QB in just over a month or two of practice.

Do people not understand time lags at all?

It's like saying that not only did Al Gore invent the Internet,

but he did it on the 5th day of his VP tenure....

(apparently just after creating heaven and earth, and populating it with animals of all kinds!) lol

Jun 10, 2015, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson OL target commits to Penn State ]

> Haven't we lost four or five recruits in a row
> lately? I had some doubts about "Street" taking over
> as recruiting coordinator and so far I've seen little
> to encourage me. By the way I like "Street" and think
> he's a great QB coach. Help me feel better about him
> as a recruiter.

Yeah...I'm sorta worried too. We had the vast majority of our 2015 class by mid June, this year not so much. We're not going to take as many this year but so far we have only 7. Haven't had a commitment since March. What we have is GREAT, but would feel more comfortable not reading "...target commits to..." so often.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we get Simpson and Boudreaux all is forgiven

Jun 10, 2015, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson OL target commits to Penn State ]

really wanted Yarbrough too but he seems solid to Stanford.

Jun 10, 2015, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson OL target commits to Penn State ]

Check the roster. We don't have anywhere to put any more. I think that one could count on one hand the # of 2016 recruits that we are actively recruiting. I doubt that Streeter has been involved w/ 2016 recruits much if at all. They're working on 2017 & beyond. Scott is still involved w/ recruiting. They'll sign a few & squeeze them in somehow/somewhere. All this "target" stuff is just to fill in the dead-time. Chill out. We were not near the top of this guy's "pecking order" but we would have been glad to take him if we didn't get some other more high-prioity recruits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Recruiting Coordinator is

Jun 10, 2015, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson OL target commits to Penn State ]

primarily an administrative duty. It is not the "outfront job" many people think it is.

You have years when you miss on more highly recruited players. You miss on good players every year.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic