Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we don't get Sugar, I wish some way we could play SCar
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

If we don't get Sugar, I wish some way we could play SCar

Nov 30, 2012, 4:34 PM

in the Peach. I know it's doubtful to happen...

Who cares if we lose another one to them after 4 in a row. Doubt it could make me feel any worse. But a win would certainly help.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes! I would love a rematch.

Nov 30, 2012, 5:29 PM

Supposedly bowls don't like to do rematches. The few that have been rematches are usually BCS games (Bama-LSU in the BCS Title game last year, Miami-FSU in the '04 Orange Bowl, FSU-Florida in the "94 Sugar bowl). I don't see why the Chick Fil A bowl would't want Clemson-SCar. Both schools would sell out the allotment, it would be extremely intense, and while we all hate how our game with SCar ended, it was a pretty close game. All kinds of ways to hype it up, too. ESPN can hype up the rematch angle for Clemson, and then do their typical SEC hype with SCar. I feel like there is no downside in doing a Clemson-SCar rematch for the Chick Fil A bowl, Atlanta, or ESPN.

Re: Yes! I would love a rematch.

Nov 30, 2012, 5:32 PM

It's not necessarily ideal for Atlanta, because with both schools being so close, there will be fewer people staying multiple days in the hotels, eating in the restaurants and drinking in the bars -- a lot more day-trippers. Obviously, the game would be a sellout, but the economic benefit to the city would be less.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic