Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Pollack picks Clemson as his CFB playoff favorite
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TNET: Pollack picks Clemson as his CFB playoff favorite

Dec 9, 2017, 1:03 PM

Pollack picks Clemson as his CFB playoff favorite

ESPN College Football analyst David Pollack was asked his opinion of his favorite for the upcoming College Football Playoff during Thursday night's Home Depot C Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pollack is absolutely right ... no evidence to the contrary.

Dec 9, 2017, 1:14 PM

Clemson has been the best team over the course of the entire season and they're playing their best football right now.

Any un-biased observer would come to that same conclusion.

Not too shabby for a "re-building year" ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pollack is absolutely right ... no evidence to the contrary.

Dec 9, 2017, 4:34 PM

Just wait until the rebuild is complete:)!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Pollack picks Clemson as his CFB playoff favorite

Dec 9, 2017, 1:55 PM

Makes valid points. Disagree our secondary hasn't been tested. It's not enough to say Mayfield & OK will be a bigger test for our

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 1:59 PM

Makes valid points. Disagree our secondary hasn't been tested. It's not enough to say Mayfield & OK will be a bigger test for our Tigers. OK hasn't seen a Dline like us, so Mayfield will not be as effective. Balanced team will make a difference.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 2:51 PM

Don’t disagree but we have not seen a QB like Mayfield this year

Dec 9, 2017, 2:57 PM

I would think playing the Heisman trophy winning QB would somewhat of a test. Wake , state, VPI, all had good qbs. And we did squeak by Bentley who was the best QB on the SEC. cough!

Dec 9, 2017, 9:23 PM

I don't know how good Mayfield is, but they don't seem to have the weapons we have, nor do they have the LOS talent we have on both sides of the ball. Our D is better than they have seen, and we will make it 3 in a row over OK, if they are the ones we play in the NC. They must get by ugay first, though, and that will be their toughest task this year to date. Likewise, we have to get past a very good AL team. Lots to get done before we would get to spank ugay's behinds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2017, 11:01 AM

Oklahoma had an explosive offense two years ago- Mayfield, Perine, Mixon, Sheppard, Westbrook. The Tigers pretty much stuffed that team. And the Clemson defense is better this year.

THIS!***

Dec 11, 2017, 11:43 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Dec 10, 2017, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Pollack picks Clemson as his CFB playoff favorite ]

Disagree, our d line practices against the best qb recruits in the nation

Dec 11, 2017, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Pollack picks Clemson as his CFB playoff favorite ]

The thoughts that is still in his head from when he faced our D before, and with our D being considered to be better than then, I feel that with those thoughts in his head, he will be rushing through his process causing many mistakes in his passing game. Personally I think that Okla would be better for us, but I want UGA more bc of our past history with UGA. I just want them to know that we have pass them as the better team. Personally, with a healthy Clemson team, none of the other 3 teams can beat a healthy Clemson team!!! I know that I sound like I drink a lot of our orange kool aid, but it's good and I love it;)!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 3:48 PM

Dirty??? I know that’s not what he meant but he could have picked a better word to describe our D-line. And I’d love to see OU try to find our “weakness”. I believe the last two times we played them we won by a combined 54 points. Our D line would make Mayfield look like Jake Bentley!!

Dec 9, 2017, 5:32 PM

It's a compliment. Sort of like saying, "their DL is just nasty" or something similar.

Dec 9, 2017, 9:25 PM

I took it as a compliment, too, and I am certain that's how DP meant it to be taken. He likes great defense, and ours is that, for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 10:26 PM

Seems reasonable enough to me. Go Tigers!

If we do get Mayfield he may be in some trouble with our

Dec 11, 2017, 8:03 AM

pass rush. The few times ive seen OK play, they seem to take a lot of deep shots and rely a lot on the long ball. This works well in their conference as defense both coverage and pass rush is nonexistent. As long as our cbs and safeties dont let the wrs behind them, I see Mayfield sacked a lot aka the Auburn game. That was the downfall of Auburn against us. They had no intermediate game, so when we shut down their running game their qb tried to sit in the pocket waiting on those long routes to open up. As we all saw, this led to alot of sacks.

Re: If we do get Mayfield he may be in some trouble with our

Dec 11, 2017, 11:06 AM

All we keep hearing about is how great Oklahoma's offense is. Wish these "analysts" would tell the world about the defense, or lack thereof, in that conference. Clemson has not seen anyone like Mayfield this year? What about Action Jackson? The Tigers held him to 7 points until the 4th quarter, when the game was over.

There's another factor that will affect his performance...

Dec 11, 2017, 11:39 AM

BM is going to be preoccupied looking around for a Tiger wearing #10. I'm sure he still has nightmares about Ben...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic