Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If this nonsense of paying
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

If this nonsense of paying

Jun 16, 2020, 11:45 AM

Big bucks to star players in college becomes a reality, one of the first things that you will see is men like Coach Swinney get out!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will they or will they adapt and change to the new normal.

Jun 16, 2020, 11:58 AM

No way you can know for sure til it happens.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will they or will they adapt and change to the new normal.

Jun 16, 2020, 12:03 PM

I think men of conviction will not adjust! But what do I know? You could be right.

college football is dead as we know it

Jun 16, 2020, 12:05 PM

it was a good run now its about to become nfl lite..next up they will bring in unions

Dabo is too much of a player's coach to do something that

Jun 16, 2020, 12:05 PM

stupid and walk away from a 10 year $93 Million dollar contract. One thing about Dabo is, he always has the players' backs. I don't see that changing.

Dabo has shown that he can adapt to a fast changing world much more than others who fight progress every step of the way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is too much of a player's coach to do something that

Jun 16, 2020, 12:12 PM

How is he going to have a united team of “brothers” with one making millions and 99 others being college students putting in the same effort and time?

My guess is that as long as he believes he can still create

Jun 16, 2020, 12:16 PM

and maintain a culture conducive to excellence and instilling strong character and values into his players, he will continue to coach. If he decides that he can no longer do so, I would guess he'll move on. But he's NOT going to do it because he's mad about the players getting paid. He'll wait to see if his program turns into something outside of his vision and he believes he cannot right the ship.

Just my opinion.

null

The same way the NFL/NBA coaches and players handle it.

Jun 16, 2020, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is too much of a player's coach to do something that ]

The same way PGA players handle it. PGA players appreciate what what Tiger did for their sport and their own pocketbooks. In the pro sports, you see players and coaches who understand that the guys who make the big bucks make their team better and are moving the entire pay scale up for everyone.

Great players want to play with other great players.

This is not rocket science.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The same way the NFL/NBA coaches and players handle it.

Jun 16, 2020, 1:22 PM

That's a reasonable take however there's big differences between an adult PGA golfer and a teenaged football player. For one, the PGA requires no teamwork at all so nobody is having to "coach" any of them. Another is that most pro golfers ( as well as other pro athletes) are only poor relative to the Tiger Woods of the world. They are still very well off compared to everybody else. This isn't the case for your average collegiate player who is probably poorer than most other college students and will be much poorer than highly paid endorsers.

Not the same argument. Golf is a singular sport. Your pay is

Jun 16, 2020, 1:59 PM [ in reply to The same way the NFL/NBA coaches and players handle it. ]

based on how well you perform each week. In a team sport where some are not compensated while a certain few reap the rewards, I fear the jealousy could overflow and become very visible in the future.

You missed the part about the NFL and the NBA.

Jun 16, 2020, 5:16 PM

It is, in fact, the same argument.

Monty Lee has 11.5 scholarships to allocate to 35 players.

Jun 16, 2020, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is too much of a player's coach to do something that ]

Some players get a full ride while some get a portion and some get none.

Dabo can talk to Monty.

It seems that some of the things I love are changing. Some

Jun 16, 2020, 12:22 PM

for the worse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I appreciate the

Jun 16, 2020, 12:59 PM

Well thought replies to my question. Hopefully this will never become an issue.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic