Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If this is true, no Clemson fan shud ever buy another copy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

If this is true, no Clemson fan shud ever buy another copy

Sep 11, 2013, 5:45 PM

of the state paper..self respecting coots too if there are any...

http://jimromenesko.com/2013/09/11/the-state-tells-its-sports-columnist-he-cant-cover-university-of-south-carolina-football/

“The publisher of the paper has removed Ron from any coverage of the football program, which down there is akin to the Washington Post not letting Dan Balz write about government,” one of Morris’s former colleagues tells me. “Effectively, he’s being forced out at the behest of the football coach, with the publisher not standing up for him.”

Morris declined to talk to me, but others familiar with the situation — including former University of South Carolina and State staffers — told me how The State’s publisher made his veteran columnist agree in writing that he would never again write about Gamecocks football or talk about the USC program on TV and radio shows.

“It was a journalism restraining order,” says one of Morris’s ex-colleagues.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Completely absurd. The State is officially

Sep 11, 2013, 5:47 PM

a propaganda outlet for Scar.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re:How they can even consider themselves a newspaper is

Sep 11, 2013, 6:08 PM

beyond me. This just goes to show you what a egotistical whiner that Spurrier is.

^^^^^^YES!!!!^^^^^^***

Sep 11, 2013, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Completely absurd. The State is officially ]

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re I have even less respect for Morris after his

Sep 11, 2013, 6:24 PM

capitulation. Hades would freeze over before I would have done it.

What do you want me to do, Ron?***

Sep 11, 2013, 6:26 PM

Re: Re I have even less respect for Morris after his

Sep 11, 2013, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Re I have even less respect for Morris after his ]

I am with you. How could you hold your head up after being emasculated by your boss. I would not have done it either.

Re: Re I have even less respect for Morris after his

Sep 13, 2013, 12:33 AM [ in reply to Re I have even less respect for Morris after his ]

Oh yes, the state paper would sure as heck would have had to fire me. From everything I have read that he wrote was the truth of Spurrier. But, spurrier did threaten to take his ball and go to the Beach if Morris didn't stop writing about him. That saying that most of us has heard sometimein our life. It goes something like, The truth Hurts doesn't it. Spurrier don't won't to hear that from anybody. And if he does, he WILL STOP the presses!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If this is true, no Clemson fan shud ever another copy

Sep 11, 2013, 6:30 PM

just unbelievable, the university, the coach, the newspaper, everything associated with cootlombia has no credibility...

it's tacky is what it is...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

spurrier is their god...

Sep 11, 2013, 6:32 PM

no one shall talk ill of their god even when he does something stupid and loses a game because of it.

Not after they lose to Vandy

Sep 11, 2013, 10:13 PM

I can hope anyway!

Free Ron!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone knows that most every coot in the world...

Sep 11, 2013, 6:36 PM

Can dish it out but can't take it. "It" being the truth. Morris usually did not go the propaganda route so the coots hated him.

Don't read that rag in print or online anyway***

Sep 11, 2013, 6:42 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If this is true, no Clemson fan shud ever another copy

Sep 11, 2013, 7:25 PM

I think I will shud another.

This isn't the first time Adolf Spurrier has ....

Sep 11, 2013, 7:47 PM

has censored the media. While at Florida he had a local Gainesville reporter banned from covering the University because Sack felt the guy was too negative.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: He is a big time whiner.***

Sep 11, 2013, 7:56 PM

Re: If this is true, no Clemson fan shud ever buy another copy

Sep 11, 2013, 8:05 PM

What else am I supposed to use for toilet paper.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 13, 2013, 12:44 AM

I live in this sh!t hole, and I was thinking of making a bumper sticker that reads, FREE RON MORRIS from Master Spurrier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If this is true, no Clemson fan shd ever buy another copy

Sep 11, 2013, 8:35 PM

Spurrier is such a worthless sack. The only thing he's good for is accidentally exposing his own moral worthlessness. That part is amusing.

Cancelled my subscription 2 years ago***

Sep 11, 2013, 8:39 PM

I don't think they even sell The State in the upstate now***

Sep 11, 2013, 9:55 PM

So Spurrier can talk trash but no one can about him?***

Sep 11, 2013, 10:12 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: So Spurrier can talk trash but no one can about him?***

Sep 13, 2013, 12:50 AM

Exactly, I bet he has had people trying to get Dabo fired.

We were page 5 Monday after GA. Never have like them***

Sep 11, 2013, 10:14 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Pathetic for The State AND USC

Sep 11, 2013, 10:19 PM

The university does have a journalism college. Is this the kind of journalism they teach?

Someone higher up (Tanner? Pastides?) should have headed this off.

Free Ron!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know it's SCar and all but just amazing to think that

Sep 11, 2013, 10:26 PM

something that calls itself an institute of higher learning would be okay with this in any form or fashion. Very disturbing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let them know how you feel

Sep 11, 2013, 10:30 PM

http://www.thestate.com/contact-us/

Re: Let them know how you feel

Sep 13, 2013, 1:16 AM

Thanks, I left my message to them in the Obits. They will just laugh and delete it, but I sure feel better:)

How fitting for a school that brags on their school of journalism.

Sep 11, 2013, 10:38 PM

Lol

Situations like this is what makes UCS, coot football and

Sep 11, 2013, 11:02 PM

the paper a complete joke.

But

Sep 12, 2013, 1:01 AM

It goes beyond media. I have a friend who was up for a teaching/coaching job at a nice private school in Columbia. He has a masters in teaching, undergrad is from CU. He got passed up for a former Gamecock who just finished his undergrad in an unrelated field, he played for Ray Tanner and used him as a reference. I've heard that certain midlands teachers berate students for being Clemson fans, too.

Don't even get me started on the radio down there..."there is no way UGA can compete with us we are better and more experienced in every area". And they never eat crow!

Delusional arm pit of SC.

Freedom of the speech

Sep 12, 2013, 1:48 AM

No jack@ss football coach should have that much power. His job is running the football team--period.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

The Land of Mordor with Sauron holding court...

Sep 12, 2013, 2:31 AM

...the age of men in the Great State of SC fell 2 years ago upon the 2nd USuC win over Clemson. That dark cloud that is the rise of middle earth can only be broken by Clemson.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: The Land of Mordor with Sauron holding court...

Sep 12, 2013, 12:06 PM

One Ron to rule them all, One Ron to find them, One Ron to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

That is just sickening. What a mockery of journalism.

Sep 12, 2013, 3:26 AM

I can deal when people write stuff I don't agree with, but when you pull crap like that...I don't even know what to say!

Sep 12, 2013, 6:47 AM

So I'm guessing there were no articles in the State questioning why "the legendary ball coach" was stupid enough to go for it on 4th down when he had to score twice to win with 8 minutes left. And then through in the towel going home with two timeouts in his pocket. I guess that might be negative.

Sep 13, 2013, 1:21 AM

If you work at the paper or a radio station in cootlumbia. For the sake of your job, don't repeat or print it.

Simply put: Everything about Columbia

Sep 12, 2013, 7:26 AM

And the University is trash. The coaches look like they are straight out of the trailer park. The players can only talk trash.

The end is coming for the arrogant "I'm still a diehard #### fan, but I didn't even know they had a team 5 years ago"

Shut down the paper that actually acknowledges the garbage program spurrier runs.

I'm with you buddy! they're a disgrace on our fine state.

Sep 12, 2013, 10:48 AM

what's the newspaper even thinking!? the guy wrote objectively & gets slammed for "provocative" journalism (at times)...which is normally what you want.
kinda like sensationalism...it sells & makes folks open eyes & think.

Coot fans are all just whiner spoiled little brats! they didn't like hearing the truth about their god spurrier or their arrogant-azzed team, so they black-balled him.

it's pitiful & a huge blemish on true "journalism" in the state & ruins the credibility of the paper in general...

which "The State" paper already sucked & most Clemson fans quit prescribing to it long ago because of the biased coverage against us!

maybe we should be thankful for Ron's objective approach sometimes though, because anybody under Old Sacks skin is FUNNY! It makes them look like a laughing stock everywhere outside of Columbia...did y'all read the comments? LOL

Teams & media outlets have trash-talked & downed us, even coining negative phrases in reference to us & dirty-named us at times. We did what we've had to on & off the field to shut those people up...

But we didn't cry til mommy just took the bad people away!

LAMECLUCKS SUCK!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

This will cause SCar more negative coverage from higher

Sep 12, 2013, 8:43 AM

sources...they just dont know it yet...

Yep, you think spurlid was upset then, just wait...

Sep 12, 2013, 8:51 AM

butt hurt I say...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would love to see ESPN pick this up, oh wait...

Sep 12, 2013, 8:52 AM

sorry, dumb post...

Bump***

Sep 12, 2013, 10:37 AM

The State Has Always Been a Douchey Garbage Rag

Sep 12, 2013, 11:48 AM

That Panders to it's inbred, meth-riddled subscribers who likely just look at the pictures and cut the coupons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The State Has Always Been a Douchey Garbage Rag

Sep 13, 2013, 1:28 AM

They use the Sunday state paper to cook their crack and meth. They use the state paper b/c it has so much sh!t in it, it covers the smell of the drugs their cooking up....

Sep 12, 2013, 12:11 PM

I haven't read or paid for that rag in at least 5 years. Now this just proves what we knew already. They should rename it to THE OBC Daily

If I bought one it would be my first.

Sep 12, 2013, 12:16 PM

I might click a T-Net link to read an article but I've never spent a penny on that fishwrap. I lived in the upstate for 25+ years too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Contact info for Henry Haitz Publisher -State Chicken Herald

Sep 12, 2013, 12:52 PM

The Publisher Henry Hatz has a comment feedback line for those that want it: 803-771-8693

Email: publisher@thestate.com

bump, just want to be sure nobody misses this...***

Sep 12, 2013, 3:44 PM

So much for free press. Bowing down to the effin FB coach??***

Sep 12, 2013, 3:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2013, 12:25 AM

This is just as crazy as it gets but, it didn't stop with just Morris. Corey Miller, an X coot and NFL player was also fired from his job at the coots sports talk on WVOC this week. The other guys on the show deny it, but Miller was fired for blasting Spurrier and coaches over the loss to UGA. A few days later and and Miller is looking for a Job. To really #### them all off, Corey should tell his son that he doesn't care if he goes to Clemson. I think the kid is a 4* LB that committed to Bama. I'm sure he committed to Bama b/c his Mom is a Clemson grade, and his dad was a LB for the coots. And he was a LB for the NY Giants for like 8/9 years. This is just way to much power for a FB coach to have out side of his job as a coach.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic