Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If this is not being used in our recruiting material.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,144

If this is not being used in our recruiting material.

Feb 22, 2016, 11:15 AM

Quote from commit Matt Brockhorst should be used:
Clemson OL commit Matt Bockhorst gets it; “They understand that playing college football is not just about getting to the NFL, because if you look at statistics that is a very small minority. But the degree from Clemson and the tools for life that they instill in you is what is going to set you up to be a better father, husband, businessman, etc. Clemson has it going on.

With Amari Rodgers another commitment actively recruiting for the Tigers we should bring in a #1 recruiting class in the very near future.

Matt Brockhorst quote along Amari Rodgers recruiting efforts for Clemson shows Clemson has really developed a quality brand with substance, character and integrity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If this is not being used in our recruiting material.

Feb 22, 2016, 11:24 AM

I think we are move than capable of landing the #1 class but I don't think we should expect it. Our staff does things differently and in a positive way. We bring in kids that fit the program and will develop into Clemson men. Other programs just bring in the best no matter the cost. Our recruiting fills our needs and strengthens our players bonds. Not to mention we do not oversign because of our staffs integrity. We have built a program that can consistently recruits in the top 10 and as long as we continue to do it with dignity we will overcome the teams ahead of us on the field instead of in the polls.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Well said but I think we can achieve both.***

Feb 22, 2016, 11:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2016, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: If this is not being used in our recruiting material. ]

That could be attained easily. If we looking to be ranked #1 in recruiting, we just follow the other top 4 or 5 teams lead by recruiting up to 28 or 30+ players every year. Our coaches look to fill the void and coach up the waiting in the wing, (Next Man Up)talent that already on broad.

Feb 22, 2016, 12:09 PM

There will always be top rated players that the coaches ignore for a variety of reasons other than football talent. These five stars go other places where they will fit in better academically, socially and athletically. This will keep us from being number one in recruiting but it will also keep us out of unwanted headlines! If these kids go to usuck or chapel hill or Mississippi have we lost anything? In my opinion, NO!

we're already #1 in recruiting high character & talent

Feb 22, 2016, 12:19 PM

great quote from brockhorst..i don't care what the arrogant gurus who make their living off the potential talents of 16 and 17-year old hs athletes think..my money's on dabo and staff understanding where there's a good fit and where there's not..that's why, even when they have to work their way out of the doghouse, kids that dabo offered do it respectfully and without complaint..would not trade this staff for any other staff in the galaxy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: we're already #1 in recruiting high character & talent

Feb 22, 2016, 12:34 PM

A big fat AMEN to the last line of your post.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,144
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic