Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If this image makes you angry
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

If this image makes you angry

Jun 20, 2020, 2:27 PM

You were raised the way I was. And it was wrong. It took me a long time to realize that there is no honor from the Confederacy. I was raised to respect and honor my heritage and to admire men like Robert E. Lee, Thomas Longstreet, Thomas 'Stonewall" Jackson, Nathan Bedford Forest, etc, etc.

It wasn't a 'great lost cause'. It was a bad lost cause fought to preserve slavery for the uber-wealthy plantation owners.

That "honoring our heritage" idea, masked the horror inflicted on black people from 1880 to 1968. Almost 4000 lynchings are known, along with thousands of burned homes, churches and raped women.

It's the 1880 to 1968 "heritage" that nobody talks about, they always skip over to the "noble" Confederacy. It's during this period that the 'stars and bars' became a symbol of despicable hatred and horrific racial terror. Almost without exception, the all-white judicial system looked the other way.

Felix2, b.1954, Bamberg, SC

">"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is actually an excellent post...

Jun 20, 2020, 2:34 PM

I agree with the last part wholeheartedly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My biggest concern, is that there was a ton of nuance

Jun 20, 2020, 4:33 PM

to the reasons for the Civil War, and many, many lessons learned that still could be applicable today. To be clear, I'm not one of those who argues that the Civil War was never about slavery---it was a big part, but there was a lot more as well, and it seems like the only people who really bother to learn those things anymore are wonky Civil War historians, and they aren't exactly getting the airtime these days.

To modern society, it's become South wanted slaves, North loved black people, North won, end of story. There's so much more to be taken away that has just gotten lost in the noise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My biggest concern, is that there was a ton of nuance

Jun 20, 2020, 7:58 PM

You are right about that. Among the other reasons was the federal govt. regulations on the export of cotton. Federal law required southern producers to ship their cotton to northern ports so that those wholesalers could then sell it to England and other countries. There was a lot of corruption in the dealings of the Fed. Govt. with the Southern States. But central to the southern ultra-plantation owners very survival, was the maintenance of free labor.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to mention Lincoln’s questionable tactics***

Jun 20, 2020, 8:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is true...

Jun 20, 2020, 8:36 PM [ in reply to My biggest concern, is that there was a ton of nuance ]

The North didn’t really have the moral ground dealing with people either

White yankees gave their lives to free southern blacks?

Jun 20, 2020, 9:12 PM

lololololoutloudX10^5

Some parts of the rhetoric fails to meet the standard of common sense. I'm sure quaz can explain it to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also...

Jun 20, 2020, 8:43 PM

The flag that so many hold dear and try to defend, the flag of the army of Northern Virginia, was never an official or recognized flag of the Confederacy. It was actually rejected in 1861 as the flag.

Where this flag truly took off in popularity was when it was adopted by the KKK and Southern states started flying it during the Civil Rights era as a #### you to blacks.

So anyone who gnashes their teeth and whines over removing or taking this flag down isn't lamenting removal of Confederate history. They're embracing something else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: If this image makes you angry

Jun 20, 2020, 8:48 PM

You know what makes me mad? Is that you and FBCoach post this stuff to demand that everyone vow that they now hate it.......guess what ########, we have hated it our whole lives.

If you feel so much white guilt to post this #### 24/7 find a way to pay penance. Cause you look pathetic and miserable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It makes me angry.

Jun 20, 2020, 9:09 PM

I'm not going to lie. That is a disgrace, imo, and I don't appreciate you posting that picture. I grew up respecting the south and the Christian heritage which is prevalent in the Bible Belt.

I hated more when the KKK decided to hoist that flag above their meetings and use it as a symbol of their hatred of blacks. Before that I did not view it as a symbol of racism but my Christian heritage.

Shame on you and shame on the KKK.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just so we’re clear, the dog crapping on the confederate

Jun 20, 2020, 9:22 PM

flag has got you upset after scrolling past the lynching photos?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think lynchings are an abomination to God.

Jun 21, 2020, 4:41 PM

It doesn't matter what color the man is who is lynched or what color the people doing the lynching are. No Christian can be happy with hate in his heart. My consideration starts way before anyone is harmed.

Re: I think lynchings are an abomination to God.

Jun 21, 2020, 4:45 PM

Probably just about everyone of those white people who lynched those black people were Christians. They seem happy.

Maybe but...

Jun 21, 2020, 4:47 PM

we know they were all democrats. Something about being a democrat perverts a man's relationship with God.

You really are disgusting.***

Jun 21, 2020, 4:48 PM

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Jun 21, 2020, 4:50 PM

Does that mean we aren't Clemson brothers anymore?

It means you’ve gone way down a rabbit hole of hate

Jun 21, 2020, 4:52 PM

and misinformation in your old age.

Re: It means you’ve gone way down a rabbit hole of hate

Jun 21, 2020, 7:46 PM

So hillary was right. I am an irredeemable deplorable. I have no hate for any man in my heart. I hate the way some folks act but understand that they will reap what they are sowing.

Re: Maybe but...

Jun 21, 2020, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Maybe but... ]

When you conservatives were Dems. Same people are now Repubs though. They left the Dems due to the Civil Rights Act. You know that though.

There’s a whole bunch of Christians that never flew that flag

Jun 20, 2020, 9:26 PM [ in reply to It makes me angry. ]

Which verse in the Bible references this?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There were a whole bunch of southern Christians who...

Jun 21, 2020, 4:46 PM

believed slavery was an abomination too. Many fought for the south and many fought for the north. The war wasn't a cut and dry as you progs try to make it. The north did not set about to free the slaves. The emancipation proclamation wasn't signed until the third year of the war.

Abe Lincoln made it clear he wasn't waging war to free the slaves so you can shove that southern racist chit straight up your guilty white asz.

Re: There were a whole bunch of southern Christians who...

Jun 21, 2020, 4:59 PM

Youre ignorant. Here you go. This is the VP for the Confederacy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornerstone_Speech

So 175 years from now people will look back and say...

Jun 21, 2020, 7:51 PM

those who voted for Obama wanted open borders? Cause we know that isn't true but that is exactly what you're saying about Southern Christian of that era. My issue is condemning all Christians, Muslims or Jewish because of the actions of a few. That's called prejudice and it is exactly what's wrong with BLM and the democrat party right now.

Jun 21, 2020, 3:46 PM
Obama.jpg(122.6 K)

Is that Robert Byrd, Democrat senator and KKK Grand Wizard in that one photo? Thnx Felix, for posting.

Keep reminding us that the Dems founded the KKK and voted against the Civil Rights Act as well as several other acts that harmed blacks. Your posts are getting better by the day!! Good job.

***Joe Biden ALWAYS voted for segregation!! Be proud.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2020, 4:07 PM

Conservatives founded the Klan. Don't forget that. They changed over to Repub. They would be Trumptards now. You know that though.

Jun 21, 2020, 4:49 PM

Not true specifically. Compared to today's progressives almost all Americans were conservative 150 years ago. Progressivism didn't really get started until the late 1800s.

Nobody gives a $hit - you just think they do***

Jun 21, 2020, 9:02 PM

Jun 21, 2020, 9:10 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceglgUFhFWs&list=UUZChXZs7wNSu-sdjcvxI1VQ

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic