Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN analysts split on Clemson ranking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,196

TNET: ESPN analysts split on Clemson ranking

Nov 12, 2017, 11:42 AM

ESPN analysts split on Clemson ranking

This weekend’s college football games mean some movement in the polls, but maybe not for Clemson. In ESPN’s College Football Final show, Jesse Palmer didn’t mov Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN analysts split on Clemson ranking

Nov 12, 2017, 12:42 PM

i guess these guys don't look at the 5 starters missing from clemson defense on Saturday do they? wow..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure what they were looking for in our win...

Nov 12, 2017, 6:25 PM

We did what we needed to get a 17 point win and it should be noted the last score we had was not to drive up the margin of victory but we need to keep our foot on their throats. Even Jimbo noted they " With five minutes to go, we were right there to have a chance, but we let it slip away from of us. Give them credit...they made the plays they needed to to win the game."

The fact we won by 17 should equal a good if not great victory in my opinion. We are everyone's superbowl this year.

Guys not impressed with our win don't understand the situation we were in with a lot of missing pieces against a very determined (and bitter and dirty?) team.

I'll take the big win any day!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

QB play, Explosive play, Coaching Prowess

Nov 12, 2017, 7:37 PM

That’s what they’re looking for. We all know where we’re lacking. If we had average QB play we would dominate all of college football all the way to a repeat, No Doubt

Speaking of qb play, your qb jackie bentlee didn't look

Nov 13, 2017, 6:51 AM

so hot saturday....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

None of these guys are on the committee, correct?

Nov 12, 2017, 7:40 PM

So.....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN analysts split on Clemson ranking

Nov 12, 2017, 9:34 PM

I don't have a problem with them not liking KB's deep ball bc I don't like it either with big hopes that the coaches don't call anymore deep ball plays for him bc, he sure as h&ll isn't a deep ball threat!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heather Dinich gets it . . .

Nov 13, 2017, 10:00 AM

I don't know why Dinich catches so much grief, she gets the idea of the "whole body of work," as opposed to just over-reacting and over-weighting the last outing, and she mentions that a lot. She ranked Clemson #2 right now and that's the right call. Herbie usually is pretty level-headed in similar fashion, but he's got us down at #4 now, seemingly being a captive to the moment regarding Miami. I'm not saying he's biased, b/c I don't think he is, but I think he's over-emphasizing the last game for Miami and over-emphasizing OU's offensive prowess in order to justify those results.

Now, I don't deny that Miami and OU are playing better, in general right now, than Clemson. But I also know that the body of work is broader than the last couple of weeks, and Clemson has beaten 6 teams with winning records, and the Auburn win is looking better than OU's Ohio State win. Of course, their loss is not as bad as ours, so that point is in their favor, but that's just one aspect of the analysis.

If they are actually looking for the 4 beat TEAMS, we should

Nov 13, 2017, 2:25 PM

get some extra credit for playing a bad game, and STILL winning by 17 points in the end. They gave BAMA extra credit for barely beating the Cowbells.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,196
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic