Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
According to. POTUS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

According to. POTUS

May 21, 2020, 6:42 PM

We will not shut down country again. Posted earlier that we would not do it again. Great Depression 2.0 cannot be an action plan no matter the cost in lives.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-says-us-wont-shut-down-again-if-theres-second-wave-of-coronavirus-2020-05-21

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NY and a handful of states around it are the only ones...

May 21, 2020, 7:00 PM

which benefited from the shutting. It's possible that some of them may have had more demand for ventilators than they had.

I can see the POTUS reasons. We now or soon will have enough of everything we need to weather the storm. We have a great deal of knowledge about a pandemic and will soon have treatments and perhaps even vaccine.

We lost the first 25 or 30 thousand people because of the qualifications for treatment. Now we have massive test kits and processing the results in labs not called the CDC. We should well prepare and maintain that posture perpetually.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I agree we shouldn’t shut down again, you are wrong per usual.

May 21, 2020, 9:02 PM

We don’t have a great deal of knowledge about a pandemic or this virus. Heck just yesterday the CDC stayed that they learned it doesn’t live on surfaces nearly as long as they thought, so spread by contact is less of a risk.

A vaccine is nowhere close to being available to the general public. 12 months or more. We are getting better, but we still have a long way to go to get this “under control.”

Stated***

May 21, 2020, 9:02 PM

Another hopeful sign - patients who test positive after recovering aren’t infectious

May 22, 2020, 12:15 AM [ in reply to While I agree we shouldn’t shut down again, you are wrong per usual. ]

according to one study in South Korea.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-19/covid-patients-testing-positive-after-recovery-aren-t-infectious

null

POTUS hasn't actually shut anything down except the

May 21, 2020, 9:34 PM [ in reply to NY and a handful of states around it are the only ones... ]

borders.? 39 governors had closed all of their schools and were on their way to more closures by the time Trump gave his "this is serious, folks" presser 3rd Monday in March. I know cause recycling day.

Didn't open anything up, either, though still 40k plus monthly international arrivals, with temp scanners and pinky swear self-quarantines at the airports. "I told him I was against it" at the same time as "Liberate Minnessota!"

No national testing plan in place. Just how are we going to have the tools to "put out the fire" and "weather the storm" with absolutely no organized (DING DING - Problem Major Tom) effort in place where our resources, numbers, knowledge and national emergency power are greatest in the Federal mechanism? We're discovering "hot spots" a month after the fact, still, and there is ZERO going on to get ahead of that.

CDC wasn't in charge of the Fed's decision over opening up non-gov labs early on, and now. Look elsewhere. FDA. I'm sure there's a top notch guy in the top brass that knows all the arms of the company, what they do, and who to call when you need something.

Lastly, put the Post Office to work delivering and collecting testing sample envelopes. Self-administering for volunteers that get requests via mail or USPS app. Far and wide fast, couple houndred thousands weekly. And write some letters to folks you don't see as often. Mail has really dropped off, and it'd be a nice way to show support and connect with far away friends and family in a physical way when you can't be there in person. I don't understand vilifying the Postal Service. To me it is a great symbol of national pride. It's a bigger national pastime than baseball. Apple pie is a later discussion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank god***

May 21, 2020, 7:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He thinks it's a "badge of honor"***

May 21, 2020, 7:32 PM

Re: He thinks it's a "badge of honor"***

May 21, 2020, 7:40 PM

Not really imo, he just understands that in the big scheme we cannot destroy the economy. We are not the same peoples that survived Great Depression 1.0, we are far greater in number with far less empathy, good Will and I dare say ethics and morals.

Add those together and you have a boiling pot of civil unrest, crime and destruction.

Don't think it's up to him***

May 21, 2020, 7:51 PM

Re: Don't think it's up to him***

May 21, 2020, 7:57 PM

Technically true but if he wins again he will walk loudly and carry a yuge Federal stick in many ways.

If there’s another wave in the fall (and this one

May 22, 2020, 11:42 AM

ain’t exactly over) the economy is gonna take a deeper dive regardless of policy on shutdowns.

These businesses that are reopening are bringing 1/3-1/2 of their staff back in many cases. We’re all a lot more ###### than we think, no matter the policy on shutdown.

While I don’t think we should and I agree with him, he has no day.

May 21, 2020, 8:56 PM

If an area has a big spike and wants to shut down, they will, whether he likes it or not. I personally think nowhere should shut down, but states and localities can do as they choose. Will be a lot harder to get people to adhere to it a second time though.

Unfortunately

May 21, 2020, 11:02 PM

You're only mentioning "dying".. What about the debilitating

May 22, 2020, 9:19 AM

affects on the lungs, heart, etc...? I don't think we even know the full extent of that at this point. Maybe if we HAD some data...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You again?

May 22, 2020, 10:28 AM

"Swimming in blood"...? BS and prove me wrong. There will be

May 22, 2020, 10:34 AM

some spikes to come.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Swimming in blood"...? BS and prove me wrong. There will be

May 22, 2020, 10:39 AM

Where's your proof of this statement:

May 22, 2020, 10:44 AM

"We never came close to that. In fact the hospitals were telling workers to stay home because they didn’t have enough volume."

The hospital workers sent home were those working in non-COVID related areas. Many hospitals were close to peak in their ICUs and ER departments handling COVID cases.

Now should hospitals have shut down all non-COVID related stuff is a different question and issue entirely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Where's your proof of this statement:

May 22, 2020, 10:50 AM

You do realize the whole

May 22, 2020, 10:52 AM

"It wasn't as bad as they were saying"

is because our federal government, these states and individuals took measures to keep it from being that bad right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

You are the King Sheep

May 22, 2020, 11:00 AM

JP Morgan huh

May 22, 2020, 11:04 AM

because they definitely wouldn't be biased.

Unlike that evil CDC and Fauci

That's like R.J Reynold's sponsering studies showing smoking doesn't cause cancer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude how can you be so dense?

May 22, 2020, 11:12 AM

It's a fun echo chamber you stay in.

May 22, 2020, 11:39 AM

Nothing we say will change your mind from the actual studies or reality - so all we can hope for is your practice good hygiene and social distancing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know what’s even funnier?

May 22, 2020, 11:44 AM

You have a weird way of presenting "actual facts", lol.

May 22, 2020, 11:49 AM

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.15.20103655v1?fbclid=IwAR1hhe_4cfKfajarGaTnLc3eFndyVswBhKG54pMUWQZQ7O_WksOwICyVS-Q

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-sweden-strategy/swedish-antibody-study-shows-long-road-to-immunity-as-covid-19-toll-mounts-idUSKBN22W2YC?fbclid=IwAR3Qzx4kK_rhxWqcqQu9hOaLm7R6isDRFkDV1xn6L6AGZtkONBu3ImsRg2A

Politics is simply a joke, I don't know why I waste my time with most of you, the lunge is where fun is.

Yeah sorry Sweden doesn’t fit the narrative but

May 22, 2020, 12:00 PM

You're right, Sweden doesn't fit your narrative anymore

May 22, 2020, 12:03 PM

https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden-most-coronavirus-deaths-europe-per-capita-report-2020-5

Studies are also showing they are no where near reaching "herd immunity"

So you’re just ignoring the FACTS that their curves

May 22, 2020, 12:20 PM

What do the Linear graphs look like?***

May 22, 2020, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Yeah sorry Sweden doesn’t fit the narrative but ]

Sounds like SC was more fortunate than other areas.

May 22, 2020, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Where's your proof of this statement: ]

The volume managed and rest of the hospital was empty part is what I was talking about in the second part of my post.

Re: Sounds like SC was more fortunate than other areas.

May 22, 2020, 11:02 AM

There are A TON of other variables

May 22, 2020, 11:06 AM

than when a state closed/opened.

Population density is just one of many.

Of course SC isn't going to see the same case load as NY.

I know a girl who is a nurse at MUSC

May 22, 2020, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Sounds like SC was more fortunate than other areas. ]

she works in the ICU. She's just now starting to get normal shifts back. She only worked 2 shifts in March.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Normal capacity includes procedures that were not

May 22, 2020, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Where's your proof of this statement: ]

being done during the shutdown. So 50% capacity with no elective surgeries when there is a 38% capacity when there ARE elective surgeries being done represents a pretty big change.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You guys would seriously argue with a wall

May 22, 2020, 3:53 PM

Not at all...

May 22, 2020, 4:04 PM

but there are people I will argue with because they support their arguments with false premises. When you make a statement to support your position that assumes away big chunks of data, I have a tendency to argue about it.

It's what I do.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was not false premises

May 22, 2020, 4:14 PM

Maryland and Ohio were first governors to shut down

May 22, 2020, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Unfortunately ]

They both have an R next to their name.

Back when we didn’t know

May 22, 2020, 10:18 AM

Re: Unfortunately

May 22, 2020, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Unfortunately ]

Re: According to. POTUS

May 22, 2020, 5:18 AM

He is right. I agree.

Retail Federation said the same thing

May 22, 2020, 10:05 AM

on a call this week. Drawing up legal actions against states that continue to close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Retail Federation said the same thing

May 22, 2020, 11:17 AM

Re: According to. POTUS

May 22, 2020, 3:28 PM

In fact, the President doesn't have the power to overrule states' rights to do with its citizens what they think is best.

Every home in this country that was 'shut down', was shut down under state law, not federal. The 10th Amendment to the Constitution makes this power clear.

And not only was it done in the U.S. but in every country in the world. It's not about politics.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

please don’t clutter the “real sheep” with facts

May 22, 2020, 3:53 PM

their tiny minds (tiny being the operative word - in all aspects) will explode.

these foolish r’s and d’s all think political. what their foolish a$$e$ should do is thank the essential healthcare workers and scientists that try to help them on a daily basis. but no - they prefer to be the pansies they are and sit back and blame. providing zero to society. nothing “american” about any of them.

god has a plan for them - may they rest in pieces

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic