Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Turnover Backpack
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Turnover Backpack

Oct 30, 2018, 3:55 PM

Turnover backpack - this may have been discussed here so sorry if it has, but I cannot for the life of me understand who came up with the turnover backpack and why they thought the players would get excited about wearing it after a turnover. I actually felt sorry for the player on the bench being made to put the backpack on. Seemed like he was more embarrassed than anything. I could be very wrong about this, so please educate me about it if you disagree.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Turnover Backpack

Oct 30, 2018, 4:01 PM

I think the turnover prop is kinda dumb, but I get it, it gets the kids to give a little extra effort, but at FSU I believe a turnover spear or an Indian chief’s head dress would be way neater than a stupid backpack! ??

Oct 30, 2018, 5:32 PM

They should get a crown, like the Imperial margarine commercials. Maybe a matching robe too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

If there is ever a movie made about Ron Burgundy becoming

Oct 30, 2018, 4:03 PM

a football coach, I would expect to see a scene where the team's marketing guy (played by Steve Carell) would come up with a completely stupid idea like this to counter something popular that their rival is doing.

To see it happen in real life is simply bizarre.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 4:05 PM

Yes it was discussed at length and everyone agrees it’s appropriate for a kindergartner. No one seems to know what the exact meaning of using a backpack is supposed to be. Way beneath a college athlete’s macho image.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 5:36 PM

They could have a turnover "blankie'. That would be awesome. Hahahahahahah

Oct 30, 2018, 4:05 PM

The player putting it on Saturday reminded me of trying to get my kids to get their backpack and get out the door to go to school on Monday mornings! It wasn't a happy moment for sure.

Turnover Backpack is great

Oct 30, 2018, 4:12 PM

When you're getting your rear-end handed to you, it makes for a great little nap sack to put your jock strap in on your way to the showers!

The turnover chain, turnover backpack and the Nerf hoop...

Oct 30, 2018, 4:10 PM

among many others (Tennessee's turnover trash can, Kennesaw State’s turnover plank, Georgia's Road-warrior-like shoulder pads, and Boise State’s turnover throne), are all unbelievably stupid.

Just shut-up and go play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I bet Louisville is upset they didn't think of it first.***

Oct 30, 2018, 4:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I bet Louisville is upset they didn't think of it first.***

Oct 30, 2018, 4:21 PM

I like what Venables said, "We are not that fancy. We just give one another high fives."

Oct 30, 2018, 4:16 PM

Little Johnny Seminole puts on his free sneakers ... proudly donning the warpaint . He walks across the street wearing his garnet and gold turnover backpack ... so proud in fact that he didn't look both ways . Little Johnny was run over by the orange and white bus .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 30, 2018, 4:19 PM

Makes more sense to let the guy who fumbles the ball to wear it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 4:44 PM

Why not a Turnover Tomahawk?! (Not a real tomahawk obviously)

I think the Coot Backpack is awesome!***

Oct 30, 2018, 4:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Oct 30, 2018, 5:35 PM

It had his paycheck in there for getting the INT.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do they get to KEEP the backpack?

Oct 30, 2018, 6:02 PM

That could make a difference! ;)

I think that I would just as soon have an apple turnover for turnovers than a backpack.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic