Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IF Bama loses to LSU, they finish the year with no signature wins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 2,558

IF Bama loses to LSU, they finish the year with no signature wins

Oct 30, 2018, 7:39 PM

And no Conference Title....i dont get why they are supposedly automatically in even if they lose. Especially with an undefeated Clemson and ND... plus a 1 loss conf champ in LSU or UGA, OSU or Mich, OU or Wazzu.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IF Bama loses to LSU, they finish the year with no signature wins

Oct 30, 2018, 7:42 PM

Bama could use an extra week off to rest and prepare

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

this is a great point but I think they still get in mostly

Oct 30, 2018, 7:46 PM

Because of that Tua offense.

If they were still running that old man offense they used to, with a game manager at QB I could see them getting left out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same as

Oct 30, 2018, 7:50 PM

Last year...1 loss non conference champ gets in from the SEC...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Same as

Oct 30, 2018, 8:20 PM

Last Year...
And won it all.
Some people have short memories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 9:25 PM

That is true, but had Bama won the west, they, in my opinion, would have lost in the SECCG and not made the playoffs. They were just so beat up.

I have seen suggestions here that Saban could throw this weekend's game to avoid the various risks of the CG and still make the playoffs. Are they sure that didn't happen last year?

Just another flaw in the system.

^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^

Oct 30, 2018, 9:33 PM

That’s why I think any team that is NOT a Conference Champion should be required to have a play-in game with the #5 team... to prevent an advantage

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Same as ]

That might not be a terrible strategy technically, but I don't think Saban would ever intentionally lose a game. Plus it's possible that Bama doesn't get in at all if they lose to LSU depending on what happens with all the other teams for the rest of the year.

Oct 30, 2018, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Same as ]

But last year they got in over a 2 loss OSU with a 31 point loss to Iowa. If the Mich/OSU winner wins the Big Ten with only 1 loss they will definitely get in over an 11-1 Bama with a loss to LSU.

Why do you say that?

Oct 30, 2018, 9:39 PM

Re: Why do you say that?

Oct 30, 2018, 11:49 PM

T3Tiger, do you think the ACC is competitive? And also, do you think 24-6 is all that much better than 31-0? Seems we got embarrassed just about as bad as Ohio State. Difference was we hit a couple of FGs and Bama was playing without Tua at that time where as we had DW who was clearly good for an extra TD....Id just be careful about acting like we know for certain we can handle Alabama just yet.

Oct 31, 2018, 12:07 AM

Boom! Reading comprehension take 2***

Oct 31, 2018, 6:02 AM

Oct 31, 2018, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do you say that? ]

The reason that OSU got in without a conference championship in 2016 and Bama got in without one last year is that each of these were 1 loss teams competing with 2 loss conference champions. Up to this point the committee hasn't put a 1 loss runner-up in over a 1 loss conference champ.

The criteria for the committee is that the use conference championships as one of the tiebreakers when comparing teams that are similar. If Bama and Mich/OSU were to finish 12-1 and Bama at 11-1 then I think the conference championship would push them over the edge.

Every year is different so there's no way to know for sure, but if Bama loses to LSU then they wouldn't have any marquee wins over highly ranked opponents (A&M may be fringe top 15). The winner of Mich/OSU would have a more difficult schedule and a marquee win over the other one at least.

All you need to know. Bama SoS 60

Oct 31, 2018, 6:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Why do you say that? ]

Clemson 40. As for ACC it has no horses but has a load of middling teams. Bama has played a lesser schedule than anyone in top 10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All you need to know. Bama SoS 60

Oct 31, 2018, 6:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Why do you say that? ]

Clemson 40. As for ACC it has no horses but has a load of middling teams. Bama has played a lesser schedule than anyone in top 10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Why do you say that? ]

The reason that OSU got in without a conference championship in 2016 and Bama got in without one last year is that each of these were 1 loss teams competing with 2 loss conference champions. Up to this point the committee hasn't put a 1 loss runner-up in over a 1 loss conference champ.

The criteria for the committee is that the use conference championships as one of the tiebreakers when comparing teams that are similar. If Bama and Mich/OSU were to finish 12-1 and Bama at 11-1 then I think the conference championship would push them over the edge.

Every year is different so there's no way to know for sure, but if Bama loses to LSU then they wouldn't have any marquee wins over highly ranked opponents (A&M may be fringe top 15). The winner of Mich/OSU would have a more difficult schedule and a marquee win over the other one at least.

Doesn't matter. Alabama always has and will get a pass.

Oct 30, 2018, 9:33 PM

ESPN will openly lobby for them.

Paul Finebaum said yesterday Clemson is out if they lose a game and if LSU were to somehow beat Alabama, that loss would not eliminate them. His show would rage if a one loss Alabama is left out.

Sadly, Finebum is probably right! Teams without a CCG win

Oct 31, 2018, 1:45 AM

should not be considered for the CFP. I don't care if we end up with a two loss conference champ in, that is better than letting a team in without winning their conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sadly, Finebum is probably right! Teams without a CCG win

Oct 31, 2018, 2:16 AM

Big IF but if there is 13-0 Clemson, 12-0 ND, 12-1 LSU and 12-1 Oklahome or Michigan (not OSU who had an embarrassing loss again)... bama is out. Zero question.

Last year was a 2 loss team and one with a crushing defeat as well. Zero chance Bama jumps those 4 without a CG win.

The committee had their hand forced last year because OSU was the next best option and couldnt (rightly so) justify them as able to beat Bama watching the tape.

If Mich loss is to ND which cancels out Bama only losing to LSU they break a tie easily with winning Big 10 including beating OSU and West champ. Same for Oklahoma who would have been 2 ranked teams the last few weeks.

Just like us. Without other craziness. Bama cant lose a game.

If then else

Oct 31, 2018, 6:34 AM

No if then here, go directly to Bama rips LSU, then rips Georgia. ND gets beat by FSU or Syracuse. Clemson wins out. Ok loses another one. Michigan loses to tOSU. Then its 1. Alabama, 2. Clemson, 3 tOSU, 4. Who Cares. 1, 2 Beat 3,4. 2 beats 1 on TD’s to big game hunter. Algorithm complete.

At this point

Oct 31, 2018, 6:58 AM

Bama and Clemson are heads and shoulders above everyone else. My biggest gripe is giving the SEC some pass for being extraordinarily good versus other conferences. I simply don't see that being the case...more, it's simply that the SEC has a big network behind it and the others don't.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IF Bama loses to LSU, they finish the year with no signature wins

Oct 31, 2018, 7:08 AM

And they still get in...just like last year.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 22
| visibility 2,558
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic