Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some of you may recall a story a few weeks back
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Some of you may recall a story a few weeks back

Nov 12, 2020, 9:01 AM

about how I had to call in professional pluming help on account of my hulk smashing a stem when trying to get a knob off.

Well, the washers on the new stems lasted all of about 6 weeks. Hot water was chewed completely off and cold water had a nice grove cut into it. Plumber man hasn't seen the works yet but he is trying to give some line about the seats may not be able to be replaced and have to do the whole valve. What degree of ######## is he feeding me?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is there water in your seats? Seats should be dry

Nov 12, 2020, 9:12 AM

or else when you sit down, your hiney gets wet

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i dun know***

Nov 12, 2020, 9:14 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not true. When Mackey comes to town, Otiswife's seat is

Nov 12, 2020, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Why is there water in your seats? Seats should be dry ]

always wet.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That, and Mackey ALWAYS

Nov 12, 2020, 9:21 AM

cuts a big grove in it.

More of a gash than a groove.***

Nov 12, 2020, 9:35 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not true. When Mackey comes to town, Otiswife's seat is

Nov 12, 2020, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Not true. When Mackey comes to town, Otiswife's seat is ]

I think the ball is in your court here, Aero.

Nov 12, 2020, 9:19 AM

Job got over your head because biceps, so you called a professional plumer. Plumer did what he could to fix the roid rage induced problem, but the fix did not work because grove in washer.

Plumer hasn't seen whatever "the works" is, but says maybe you just need to replace the POS.

I'm thinking you can a) try to get him to refix what he couldn't fix already and likely deal with the issue again, or b) just put a new one in and be done with it.

I'll give this post 9.9/10 Aeros. I'll also cast my vote for option b so you can Aeromumble on here a bit more often for my personal entertainment.

The ball may be in my court but I feel like the company

Nov 12, 2020, 9:26 AM

is still on the dime from the first job.

I cannot say for certain if it was the hot or cold water that had the slow drip back in September. I just had him replace both sides since they were from the 70s.

It was only a very slow drip back then. Sunday, the hot water would not turn off, due to no washer at all.

Since the old equipment only had slightly damaged washers seems something went south or should have been found when he went in the first time.

Side note, I can just get a bunch of washers and replace them every 6 weeks for the rest of my time here.

If you have to go through that much trouble

Nov 12, 2020, 9:21 AM

Get it done right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is the tap still running water even when the knob is off?***

Nov 12, 2020, 9:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

It was, but it isn't anymore because I replaced the washes.

Nov 12, 2020, 9:28 AM

The problem is the seat damaging the washer.

Wait, Aero, Srs kweshion. We talking terlits or fawcets?***

Nov 12, 2020, 9:30 AM

Re: Wait, Aero, Srs kweshion. We talking terlits or fawcets?***

Nov 12, 2020, 9:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is in the shower.***

Nov 12, 2020, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Wait, Aero, Srs kweshion. We talking terlits or fawcets?*** ]

Nevermind then, if it was a fawcet, ur boi coulda hooked

Nov 12, 2020, 10:08 AM

you up.

If the water is not leaking out, what's the problem?

Nov 12, 2020, 9:31 AM [ in reply to It was, but it isn't anymore because I replaced the washes. ]

sounds like it's working to me

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Well, ya see, I don't want to have to turn the water off at

Nov 12, 2020, 9:54 AM

the meter and replace the washers every 6 weeks

Re: Well, ya see, I don't want to have to turn the water off at

Nov 12, 2020, 10:00 AM

One would think the codes require a more accessible valve at the house? Seems this day and age there would be a smart valve that you can shut off water through the interweb. I'm probably just ahead of my time.

https://www.econetshop.com/products/bulldog-valve-robot.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr8an6KL97AIVGE2GCh0S6gvjEAMYASAAEgIX9vD_BwE

Message was edited by: FishinCrazy®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A new house would at the very least have a shutoff inside

Nov 12, 2020, 10:03 AM

somewhere. This house was build in 1972.

Re: It was, but it isn't anymore because I replaced the washes.

Nov 12, 2020, 9:53 AM [ in reply to It was, but it isn't anymore because I replaced the washes. ]

In the old days, back when my grandiddy was a plumber, they had a tool to re-flatten the seat so it didn't keep trashing the washer. These days I'm sure they have engineered things to be replaced and not fixed. However, washers are still pretty cheap. Also, almost invariably it's the hot water that goes first. Hope these amazing insights helps a little.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-Faucet-Reseater/1002633322?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-plb-_-google-_-lia-_-208-_-plumbingtools-_-1002633322-_-0&placeholder=null&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3bTejaT97AIVJYFaBR3l2AGqEAQYASABEgKT0PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Message was edited by: FishinCrazy®

plumbers charge a lot of money

Nov 12, 2020, 9:36 AM

you are fvcked

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I once dated a young lady that played bass fiddle

Nov 12, 2020, 9:38 AM

her finger strength was amazing.

she quite often smashed my stem while trying to get my knob off

Ooops - this isn't the jobud thread it is?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

No, but keep going

Nov 12, 2020, 9:40 AM

Almost there.

Sell the house. Get cardboard box without plumbing.***

Nov 12, 2020, 9:58 AM

Swap the washers out. If that doesn't work, relace.

Nov 12, 2020, 10:05 AM

If you are paying someone else to do it, swap the whole thing out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic