Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guys the CFP Polls
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Guys the CFP Polls

Nov 2, 2016, 5:18 PM

Are a snapshot of the season up to this point and this point only. They are not taking into account of where they think they will finish. They are not taking into account conference championships either as no one has won anything yet. If Texas A&M and Washington both win out and Texas A&M does not win the SEC but Washington wins the Pac 12 then Washington will jump Texas A&M I promise you. Dabo is absolutely right when he says that the only one of these polls that matters is the one following the conference championship weekend.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guys the CFP Polls

Nov 2, 2016, 5:21 PM

Why do you think they would jump A&M?

Nov 2, 2016, 6:50 PM

Undefeated power 5 champ trumps one loss non champ

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo***

Nov 2, 2016, 10:00 PM

Nov 2, 2016, 5:21 PM

You think one game is going to make their SOS that much better?

Nov 2, 2016, 5:26 PM

What happened last year after Michigan State won the Big 10 conference championship game?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Nov 2, 2016, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Guys the CFP Polls ]

What happened in 2014 when Ohio State (ranked #5 at the time) won the Big 10 championship with TCU ranked #3 (and winning their final game)?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2016, 6:15 PM

X-ZACK-LEE !!!!!!

Big 12 doesn't have Champ game, thus OSU

Nov 2, 2016, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Guys the CFP Polls ]

jumped them for playing extra game. Was widely talked about and accepted at time.

Re: Big 12 doesn't have Champ game, thus OSU

Nov 3, 2016, 2:08 PM

They played a game the same weekend as OSU. They had one less game the prior week when they were ranked ahead of them too.

Nov 2, 2016, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Guys the CFP Polls ]

Well they Washington has USC, Washington State, and Colorado or Utah again in the championship. TAMU only has LSU left.

Absolutely***

Nov 2, 2016, 10:01 PM

If the playoffs started tomorrow...

Nov 3, 2016, 2:14 PM

Washington would be in. SoS be ######, the committee would have selected the teams differently. The only reason AtM is at four is to get people talking and to drive interest in future polls and shows between now and when the poll that matters is released.

You can not convince me that the committee didn't put AtM at 4 for ANY reason other than the controversy. They have done a good job on the final poll, but all the others were complete ######## just trying to grab attention. And I say that as someone who is very happy with the position Clemson has been in every poll for the last 2 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are there becaause Conf Titles matter

Nov 3, 2016, 3:39 PM

And even though odds are that Washington wins one and A&M doesn't, that has yet to be decided. To the original posters point, it's based on the the known factors and accomplishments to date, and to date, Washington has one good win vs Utah. They have no losses but have played what is rated the worst schedule played to date of any ranked team (69), save Western Michigan and Baylor

A&M has a competitive loss to the number 1 team in the rankings and have gone 6-1 vs the 23rd rated schedule.

I'm not saying which one is better, but I'm not going to argue Washington should be ranked over A&M or vice versa. I think at this point they are probably very similar teams.

If all that matters is wins, Western Michigan should be 5th.

If Washington and A&M both win out, they'll jump A&M unless the aggies get into the SEC title game (bama loses twice) and win that.

Nov 3, 2016, 3:42 PM

I thought it was a popularity vote, that's what the coots told me.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic