Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thanks, Barry.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 485

Thanks, Barry.

Apr 15, 2019, 8:42 AM

I would not pay this nor eat at a restaurant that charges it.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/more-restaurants-embrace-trend-of-putting-healthcare-surcharges-on-diners-checks

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Thanks, Barry.

Apr 15, 2019, 9:00 AM

I think it's cool in a way that the restaurant is showing the customers that the restaurant wants to get their employees health insurance. I don't eat out though other than sushi, but I don't see what is wrong with this? It's kind of also a PR move showing "they care".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's tacky.

Apr 15, 2019, 9:17 AM

Increase you prices if you can't cover costs and let the market decide. Don't throw an add-on fee onto the bill.

But again, it's due to Barrycare. I guess since it passed we are finding out what is in it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: I think it's tacky.

Apr 15, 2019, 9:20 AM

They are increasing the prices and they are letting the market decide. They are just being transparent. It's no different.

Have yearly health care increases been

Apr 15, 2019, 11:44 AM [ in reply to I think it's tacky. ]

higher or lower since Obama Care?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To quote TTT

Apr 15, 2019, 2:47 PM

"New prices...and they ain't cheaper"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it's tacky.

Apr 15, 2019, 12:03 PM [ in reply to I think it's tacky. ]

Do you avoid any place that lists sales tax?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But Obamacare wasn't supposed to be a tax

Apr 15, 2019, 2:48 PM

right?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2019, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Thanks, Barry. ]

If I am told upfront that there will be a charge, I am fine with that, as then I will just walk out.

Like the other poster said, increase the food cost and let the market figure it out. Not hard to handle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2019, 9:22 AM

They are increasing the price. You would rather they hide it from you? I can see that. That said, it's the same result.

Exactly...as long as they are up front with it, and I’m not surprised

Apr 15, 2019, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Thanks, Barry. ]

by an added fee at the end of the meal, it doesn’t matter. I’d pay for it in the food if not the surcharge.

If they are surprising customers with it, I can see people taking it out of the tip.

null

Because it's the server's fault the restaurant

Apr 15, 2019, 11:46 AM

is putting a surcharge on? That's an odd way of thinking, to me.

Yes yes, Prod. I’m just dealing in reality. And in reality,

Apr 15, 2019, 12:04 PM

if people think they are getting blindsided by a fee, I wouldn’t be surprised if they got it back on the only part of the transaction they have control over at that point. Most people would not take the time or haste to object to the fee, in my opinion.

I’m not saying it is right, anymore than surprising your customer with a fee they weren’t aware of is right. All you have to do is make sure they are aware. That is only fair.

null

eh, I am ok with it

Apr 15, 2019, 9:35 AM

they don't make much money to begin with and there are a bunch of ##### that don't tip

If it goes to the employees health insurance, good for them

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: eh, I am ok with it

Apr 15, 2019, 9:42 AM

It's Austin too. They are probably just pandering in a way to their hipster progressive customers.

If the food is worth the price, who cares?

Apr 15, 2019, 11:06 AM

If the food isn't good, I'll pass. If the food is good for the price, I don't care what charges they put on it.

What would be the point of "boycotting" it? Standing up for something? For what?

I like this because it makes it easy to support businesses

Apr 15, 2019, 11:29 AM

that are providing good jobs and benefits to their employees. All else being equal, I'll happily go out of my way to eat at the place that treats their people better.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 485
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic