Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the FSU AD isnt seriously considering a change in coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,501

If the FSU AD isnt seriously considering a change in coaches

Oct 23, 2019, 5:51 AM

At this time and it is all rumor then he should be fired himself. Thats insane. Anyone can clearly see Taggart is way in over his head. Lettem pay me 5 mil and i could do better. Taggarts handling of FSU is one of the worst ive ever seen at a program of that caliber. I bet the fans there are beside themselves.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read an article a few weeks ago out of Tallahassee

Oct 23, 2019, 6:13 AM

that indicated there was still strong support for Taggart due to the mess left by Fisher.

That support was primarily from the powers-that-be at FSU, although the alumni are pushing for a change.

My opinion is that the alumni and fan base may force the admin's hands.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Read an article a few weeks ago out of Tallahassee

Oct 23, 2019, 8:34 AM

They should have fired the president and athletic director when they allowed Jimbo to let the Program descend into thug vile

Here's the other side of that "fire Willie" coin....

Oct 23, 2019, 7:09 AM

If FSU fires Taggart in year 2, they will owe a ton of money to the guy and his coaching staff that, quite frankly, FSU does not have laying around. Next, FSU will need a ton of money to hire a new coaching staff that, once again, they don't have a lot of. There is a reason FSU is falling behind in the facilities arms race - money is hard to come by at FSU and if they keep wasting it on firing and hiring coaches their problems will get even worse.

Their next problem after firing Taggart, is finding a new head coach and staff that would be willing to go to a school that has demonstrated it will fire you within 24 months of accepting the job. What coach that's worth anything would want to work in an environment like that?

Next problem is recruiting. If Taggart is fired this year FSU is also sending a message to recruits that coaching stability is of no concern. You won't find 5 star or most 4 star recruits going to schools that get rid of coaches on a hair-trigger. Recruits want stability just as good coaching staff's do.

FSU has problems that simply firing the current coach will not solve. FSU had to replace a generational coach in Bowden, who spent many years building that program into a juggernaut. FSU was a doormat when he arrived and it took him years to get them to their dynasty. Enter Jimbo Fisher who did well with Bowden's players but as Jimbo Fisher's Jameis Winston entitlement culture and his personal life went into the toilet, FSU football started to rot from within. That rot was waiting for Willie Taggart and will take some time to cut out of the program, regardless of who FSU has as a head coach.
IMO the worst thing FSU can do is fire Taggart in year 2. They should be honest with themselves of where the program was when Taggart took over, and give him time (i.e. 4 years) to fully institute his program. Anything less and FSU is at risk of becoming another Tennessee dumpster fire.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's the other side of that "fire Willie" coin....

Oct 23, 2019, 8:33 AM

Agree. 110% - I just do not know if the alumni/fan base will be keep him around 4 years. If he is coaching in Nov. 2020, I will be shocked. I could see FSU testing out Briles as "interim" without the stigma of considering him an actual candidate.

That being said, I am not sure that the coaching world has a lot of good choices in the 19-20 round. I would think that the 20-21 would be a richer pool - unless they can land a top talent that is disenchanted with their current school... but I just don't know if there are any.

Finally, I see FSU getting to 7 wins. The rest of the schedule (BC, Cuse, and Miami) are weak.

Re: If the FSU AD isnt seriously considering a change in coaches

Oct 23, 2019, 8:16 AM

I think you've got to give they guy longer than 2 years. You start doing firing that early and you'll never get the thing straightened out

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,501
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic