Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the CFP committee put a 12-0 ND team in over a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

If the CFP committee put a 12-0 ND team in over a

Oct 6, 2018, 11:37 PM

13-0, ACC Champion team it would be a TREMENDOUS contradiction to what they have said matters in the past. Yes, Bama got in without a conference championship last year; but there were no undefeated teams at the end of the season. But the CFP committee has made clear the importance of a conference championship. ND will finish this season (and every season) sans championship game (win).

Not to mention, their resume won't be quite as pretty once VT drops out (and stays out) of the top 25. Stanford is dogsht this year (and currently down 2 TDs to Utah) and will probably end up outside of the top 25. Michigan is always primed for a flop and might not finish inside the top 25. So, poof, there goes their resume. The TAMU game could prove to be pivotal in our resume building, not to mention NC State seems primed to finish second in the Atlantic and likely ranked. We will play a ranked team in the ACCCG as well to pad that resume.

Lots and lots of football to be played. But don't be too concerned about ND knocking us out. Chances are that UGA does not have the chops to beat Bama should they make it to the SECCG. I think that will likely drop them from the top 4 should Clemson, Ohio State, and ND finish undefeated.

Top 4 will be:
1. Bama
2. Ohio State
3 Clemson
4. ND/Other 1 loss team should ND lose one.

Worry not (yet), Tigers.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the CFP committee put a 12-0 ND team in over a

Oct 6, 2018, 11:39 PM

That seems most plausible.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2018, 11:42 PM

OSU and ND have demonstrated they don't have the stones to stand with Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I think Ohio State would give us a game this year

Oct 6, 2018, 11:44 PM

but a game we would still win.

I honestly think we would be ND by 3 TDs. I grew up a ND fan (I know, gross...but I have a Clemson diploma now so I's got the smarts) and I've watched most of their games this year. They are not on Clemson's level. Full stop.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2018, 11:44 PM

I'm not sure Ohio State makes it unscathed . They haven't beaten anyone that I would call more than a roadside tomato stand . TCU isn't top 15 material , Penn State is highly overrated in my opinion but definitely top 20 material.
No , I think Wisconsin or Michigan are both capable of beating them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

The only team I have seen that is unbeatable by their

Oct 6, 2018, 11:47 PM

regular season schedule is Bama. I think it will take a playoff-caliber team with a HIGH-powered offense and an all-future NFL defensive line (wink, wink) to beat them. Everyone, including us unfortunately, looks beatable at halfway point in the season. So, yes, I agree.

Re: The only team I have seen that is unbeatable by their

Oct 6, 2018, 11:55 PM

ScElliott needs to work on that high powered offense if we are to be a legit threat. The WR screens have to be thrown out of the playbook.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2018, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Re: If the CFP committee put a 12-0 ND team in over a ]

Yeah, I agree with you about tosu but other than them, I see the b1g as really weak. Wisky maybe but not sure about Michigan. They still can’t score points.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2018, 11:45 PM

Yeah it does but esecpn and other pundits really want the national draw of ND. That’s what concerns me. We really need to limit sec to one team this year. Also not seeing anyone in b1g that’s stopping tosu... looks like we have a good chance over the b12 but we got to run the table.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The national draw and the country growing tired of the

Oct 6, 2018, 11:51 PM

Clemson-Bama matchup could play against us. But don't forget that the CFP committee makes the call and they are guided by standards that they have set. Those standards include the emphasis of a conference championship.

Also, there are currently the following undefeated teams remaining:

- Bama
- Ohio State
- UGA
- Clemson
- ND
- WVU
- UCF

We all know the last two on that list aren't worth talking about. The way it most likely plays out, there will only be 4 undefeated teams (because UGA and Bama would play and WVU and UCF are second tier). If Clemson is one of them, we are in baby.

Oct 7, 2018, 12:08 AM

Worse case scenario if we take care of business is that we're in. Only threat is WVU.

PAC 12 champ will have a loss
Big 12 champ will likely have a loss unless WVU wins out (still have their hardest games ahead of them)

Assume OSU wins Big 10 undefeated, they're in
Assume Bama wins SEC undefeated, they're in
Assume Clemson wins ACC, undefeated, we're in

Last spot will be between undefeated ND, a P12/B12 conference champ with a loss. or UGA whose only loss is to Bama in the SEC Championship.

I we go undefeated, I think we get in even over an undefeated WVU.

edit: I guess Colorado could win the P12 undefeated and cause some trouble for us. If they put undefeated ND in over an undefeated conference champ, would it over Clemson of Colorado? More likely Colorado, but you never know I guess.

Message was edited by: cunms®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic