Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many would be in favor of dropping USCjr for Jawja as
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

How many would be in favor of dropping USCjr for Jawja as

Aug 29, 2018, 9:51 AM

our permanent non-conference rival? I for one, would be in favor of that. I just see no upside to playing a 2nd-rate wannabe every year that hurts our strength of schedule. It's like beating your 5 year old nephew in checkers. Big whoop.

All this nonsense about us being "required" by statute to play USCjr. is bunk. There is nothing in the code of laws that requires us to play those idjits from the midlands.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Not me. Nothing is more fun than pounding coots

Aug 29, 2018, 9:53 AM

If you are worried about Strength of Schedule then don't schedule Furman and GSU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not me. Nothing is more fun than pounding coots

Aug 29, 2018, 9:54 AM

Every D1 team schedules a cupcake as a tuneup game, a scrimmage, if you will.

Personally, I see no upside in beating a bunch of retards senseless every year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: How many would be in favor of dropping USCjr for Jawja as

No way. It’s a great rivalry. I know this post is in jest because of the coots mediocre history.

But, like many have said, we hit the jackpot when it comes to rivals - so, let’s simply enjoy it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2018, 9:55 AM

Do you enjoy beating up mentally challenged people? I would certainly hope not.......

Screw Calford.

Aug 29, 2018, 10:45 AM

Yes I do I take great pride in beating the coots

I say dump ga tech for uga

I wish I wish

#### ga tech

null

Re: I say dump ga tech for uga

Aug 29, 2018, 9:57 AM

But they're smart....really smart at GA Tech. And nerdy. Who picks on nerds?

I just don't think we should be beating up on mentally challenged people anymore.

Screw Calford.

All the more reason

Aug 29, 2018, 10:39 AM

to dump the Lamecocks, and substitute.....Oh, wait a minute, what was I thinking? A room full of Dawg brains wouldn't generate enough electricity to power a refrigerator bulb!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2018, 10:00 AM

That would be awful. I love the game vs the coots.

Aug 29, 2018, 10:02 AM

Are you suggesting beating your 5 year old nephew in checkers is satisfying? Look, 9 of those idjits tackled themselves trying to tackle Renfrow last year. At some point, you have to say enough is enough.

Screw Calford.

Aug 29, 2018, 10:04 AM

I prefer we play them and blow them out every year.

Aug 29, 2018, 4:04 PM

While I like playing UGa. Every once in awhile, beating Usuck as much as possible makes life living in the Midlands much more enjoyable! Their idiot fans, as well as half smart ones, have virtually nothing to discuss. I got to a point where during the late five losses that I could not largely converse with many of them so revenge is frankly overdue!

Go Tigers ?? make Usuck miserable!

have you forgotten the misery of a half-decade ago?

Aug 29, 2018, 10:02 AM

we need an annual chicken kicking to keep order in the state. We must not allow that 5-year blip in the radar of our history to ever repeat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It may be another 5 years before they come even close...

Aug 29, 2018, 10:10 AM

to winning another game in the series.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 29, 2018, 10:08 AM

I applaud the OP for being able to see what Muschamp is building.

I wish we had that foresight to drop Clemson before Dabo got the ball rolling.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

ROFL...the ONLY THING Muschamp is building...

Aug 29, 2018, 10:12 AM

is a good case of hemorrhoids.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 29, 2018, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: How many would be in favor of dropping USCjr for Jawja as ]

Yes, everyone is afraid. And since Todd Ellis told everyone that we're cycling out, this is just a jedi mind trick that apparently, you are too smart to fall for. There is no doubt that the margin of victory, though still double digits, could decline somewhat. I woke up this morning in a cold sweat just thinking about it. Should I give the points? Especially since this is year 3 of Muschump, he's done so well in year 3.

TIA

Screw Calford.

Well played, sir.***

Aug 29, 2018, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: How many would be in favor of dropping USCjr for Jawja as ]

Aug 29, 2018, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: How many would be in favor of dropping USCjr for Jawja as ]

I do agree most Clemson fans can see what Muschamp is building. That is why I for one want to keep SCar on our schedule right where they are.

It's important for Clemson to get a tune up game before the Championship week starts for us. In return, y'all get a game against a second legitimate P5 quality team (only 1 in SEC Least) to tune up before whatever crappy bowl you get.

Call that a win win for both.

Are you crazy?!? First off, UGA would be easier to beat in

Aug 29, 2018, 10:19 AM

most sports, but if you’re thinking (as unfortunately many do) only of FOOTBALL... Have you seen our record against the puppies? It ain’t pretty. And it might be worse than the coots record against them.

Re: Are you crazy?!? First off, UGA would be easier to beat in

Aug 29, 2018, 10:23 AM

No, I'm actually a stable genius.

HTH

Screw Calford.

If so, you would know that our winning % against ugay

Aug 29, 2018, 1:30 PM

in football is awful. Beyond awful. Pups lead 42-18-4 all time. We’ve never had the upper hand for any extended period of time. Yes, we were competitive for stretches but they’ve beaten us much worse than their sec rivals Tenn (22-23-2) Auburn (58-56-8), Florida (50-43-2), LSU (13-16-1), Ole Miss (32-13-1).

18 wins out of 64 games? No matter how much glitter you put on it, it sux.

Yes, right now in this small sample size of our history we have a team that can compete and possible beat ugay. But I’ve a large sample size (like all time), we’ve sucked against them in football.

Could not agree more

Aug 29, 2018, 10:25 AM

It'll never happen, but we can wish.

As a Clemson alum who grew up outside of SC it pains me that we have to play them every year. It's a no win situation. They're irrelevant and a relative "nobody" simply because they stink at football, literally. They haven't won any CHAMPIONSHIPS of any sort (unless you count being co-champs at 7-4 in the ACC in 1969) in 128 years! How's that even possible? That's mind-boggling ineptitude.

When Clemson plays USCjr. NOBODY outside of the state of SC cares. When we beat them NOBODY is impressed, but our reputation at least remains in-tact. If they beat us, its treated like a Super Bowl win and it sky-rockets their prestige. Clemson fans expect to win every year, so theirs's no upside because we already own the series (even though we played every game in Columbia until the 1960's). USCjr fans are THRILLED to death when they beat Clemson. Ever notice how it makes them collectively believe their program is getting better when they do? NO Clemson fan thinks "we're on our way now!" when we win.

UGA is a legit football program. I don't like them, or their coach, but they have my respect. They own our rivalry dating back to when we played "away" against them every game until relatively recently. Would love the opportunity to win back some games and even out the series. Beating them would actually mean something, and we'd get credit for a quality win outside of our respective states. It would further benefit our recruiting in GA, which we know is loaded with talent.

Playing USCjr very year is absolute nonsense, I could not agree more.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2018, 10:26 AM

Enjoying the ride now but we are not always going to be great. At least in those years we can enjoy the offseason after beating up on the coots. (Hopefully those days are a long way away!)

Aug 29, 2018, 10:29 AM

Get back to me after we drop an 8-bomb on those idjits.

TIA

Screw Calford.

Aug 29, 2018, 1:41 PM

That would break our longest winning streak which is 7. I hope we make it double digits

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Aug 29, 2018, 10:43 AM

Naw ... we're on the way to a TEN-PEAT!

Aug 29, 2018, 10:44 AM

That will never happen. The Legislature of South Carolina passed a law requiring Clemson and South Carolina to play every year. But there's no reason we can't also play Georgia every year. It was always my favorite rivalry and I wish it would become an annual event again. All we have to do is convince the Georgia AD and Head Coach that's a good idea. After all, it was Vince Dooley who declined to renew that contract with our Tigers. "The Dawgs" would rather play an easier opponent. :) Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2018, 1:44 PM

Sorry, but that is not true. A congressman did bring it up before the House;however, that was never passed.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I guess we have been fed "Fake News" for longer

Aug 29, 2018, 1:57 PM

that we have heard the term.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love to play the chickens twice

Aug 29, 2018, 1:45 PM

a year to begin and end the season. Some high schools have done that with rivals. It could stop some of the "wait till next year" stuff.... at least after the 1st game. And they would be so convinced after a 2nd whipping that they wouldn't even hope for a next year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like beating the coots as well and hate losing to ugay so

Aug 29, 2018, 1:59 PM

playing them twice a year would work for me ??. Only issue is that losing to the dirtpeckers is like losing to Furman. Seriously, losing to usuck should be grounds for termination. Right?

How has Furman beaten Clemson 10 times? 10? Really? I didn’t look it up so I don’t know for sure but I think that’s what Dabo said

Not me

Aug 29, 2018, 5:51 PM

Good games can be scheduled. Almost guaranteed SEC victories are a (literal) bird in the hand.

WL

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic