Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN analyst ranks Clemson defense No. 1 in nation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

FB Update: ESPN analyst ranks Clemson defense No. 1 in nation

Sep 29, 2017, 5:50 PM

ESPN analyst ranks Clemson defense No. 1 in nation

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: ESPN analyst ranks Clemson defense No. 1 in nation

Sep 29, 2017, 9:14 PM

Duh, what Tiger fans said game 1. HOKIES, don't listen.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they're down on our secondary but should they be?

Sep 30, 2017, 7:33 AM

I see some new starters but durn Clemson has some guys on the back end.

I really, really like Ryan Carter, for instance. The NFL will probably think he's too small and too slow but in college he's an active, aware, playmaking machine who has been the other half of The Grayson Duo That Made Us Forget All About Not Getting Nkimdiche. He sticks, he fights, he hustles, and he will flat out hit you.

We have three really good NFL-type corners behind him, too - Fields, Mullen, AJ Terrell. Those guys will play in the League and will play there for awhile. They're all still works in various stages of progress but their talent is manifest. Fields has next-level game speed. Mullen is almost as fast and has prototype NFL length; he can play the field or the boundary. Terrell is the picture of what you want in an NFL press corner.

Safety? Tanner Muse needs to amp it down a notch sometimes but durn the dude has range and will strike you. Violently. He reminds me a lot, actually, of Jayron Kearse - sort of a SLB/SS hybrid with shocking closing speed for such a big safety, but he's a much more vicious and willing hitter. Isaiah Simmons also flies around and will also strike you but he's got at least close to the centerfielder skills of a Jadar Johnson. At free Van Smith is a little limited in terms of size and speed but he's another active, incredibly instinctive hustler who will always just make a ton of plays because he's always leaning the right way and he's so durn intelligent. Behind that, K'Von Wallace looks like yet another NFL guy to me at free - he's got enormous range and he can cover like a CB.

I dunno what you'd really "expose" in that group besides a general overall lack of experience, and every week that goes by they're getting more experience.

If somebody's going to "expose" them they'd best do it soon.

Re: they're down on our secondary but should they be?

Sep 30, 2017, 7:42 AM

Agreed, and if we can get completely healthy in the secondary....look out!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they're down on our secondary but should they be?

Sep 30, 2017, 7:54 AM [ in reply to they're down on our secondary but should they be? ]

Wallace's change of direction and closing speed is impressive. Simmons may end up being better than Muse...I won't be surprised.

And Edmund's isn't even in the discussion at the moment. Pretty remarkable list.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If our secondary is suspect then why

Sep 30, 2017, 8:01 AM

Have I heard announcers say so many times this year "That was a coverage sack, there was just no where to go with the ball." I hope they keep playing that poor, if so then Jackson will spend a lot of time on his back!
Go TIGERS!!!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic