Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Campus Update: Clemson ranked #3 for hotel price hikes on Gameday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Campus Update: Clemson ranked #3 for hotel price hikes on Gameday

Sep 2, 2015, 9:44 AM

Clemson ranked #3 for hotel price hikes on Gameday

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WE'RE TOP 5!!! SUCK IT COOTS!!!***

Sep 2, 2015, 9:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

i 'magine the $14/nite at the whitney is working agin them.***

Sep 2, 2015, 10:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i 'magine the $14/nite at the whitney is working agin them.***

Sep 2, 2015, 10:59 AM

I thought there was an hourly rate at the whitney?

cood be and a surcharge for fresh linens?***

Sep 2, 2015, 11:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No big surprise.

Sep 2, 2015, 9:50 AM

When you have 5 hotels in town and Clemson Football is such a big draw that's what happens.

You want to see price hikes, check out Aiken and the surrounding areas during Masters week. A $80 room is suddenly worth $450 per night. Basic economics.

In some places (Columbia, SC) there are enough rooms for every fan to rent two and the prices won't change much at all...

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

It just amazes me the people who will pay those rates

Sep 2, 2015, 10:03 AM

I would sleep in my car or drive all night back home rather than drop $400 on a hotel room.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It just amazes me the people who will pay those rates

Sep 2, 2015, 10:24 AM

I certainly agree with you. This is why I detest night games at Clemson. The fans are being taken for a ride and penalized for being loyal to the university. There is NOTHING fun about being on the highway at 2:00 in the morning after spending the entire day 'tailgating' and watching the game.
Especially if you are in your 70's as I am. Unfortunately, Clemson knows that there are tens of thousands of fans like myself who will do it because we are ALL IN. Nothing will change. Even my seat that I share with a larda$$ !

If it wasn't for football season those hotels would close

Sep 2, 2015, 10:33 AM

They sell out for football season, graduation, and maybe move in week. The rest of the time there's no demand for hotels in Clemson.

This is why i reserve rooms in December/January

Sep 2, 2015, 10:02 PM [ in reply to It just amazes me the people who will pay those rates ]

and still frequently have to pay hiked up prices for hotels in Anderson, Easley, Seneca, or beyond. I refuse to pay what Clemson hotels charge on game weekends. That is highway robbery, pure and simple, and I refuse to patronize thievery.

Re: No big surprise.

Sep 2, 2015, 10:07 AM [ in reply to No big surprise. ]

Well, you'll also notice that's how it is (the list shows it as well) for schools in the middle of no where. Or, in a not so safe area (Notre Dame). Other cities like Atlanta/Los Angeles have more than 1 attraction people care to see so of course they don't change much.

Re: Campus Update: Clemson ranked #3 for hotel price hikes on Gameday

Sep 2, 2015, 9:54 AM

Just is not right... why do this to fans. I know it happens at the pro levels plus I have heard about hotel costs during the Masters also...not right.

Sep 2, 2015, 9:58 AM

Without football the hotels in Clemson wouldn't make it much less thrive. If it wasn't for these prices the hotels would not make enough year round to stay in business. If you want to say it is unfair to fans try telling fans that there are no hotels because they all closed down.

null

Price hike doesn't bother me really.. That I understand.

Sep 2, 2015, 10:04 AM

It's the two night minimum that's just wrong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Re: Price hike doesn't bother me really.. That I understand.

Sep 2, 2015, 12:02 PM

The 2 night minimum is only when the schedule is released. You can go on line now and get 1 night if available. I did and have a room for every home game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the same as people reselling tickets

Sep 2, 2015, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Campus Update: Clemson ranked #3 for hotel price hikes on Gameday ]

People love to whine and complain about people charging over face value for the big games, but then they want to offer you $10 for Wofford or App State. You can't have it both ways.

Re: It's the same as people reselling tickets

Sep 2, 2015, 11:29 AM

I happened to be in town a few seasons ago and bought a ticket at the stadium entrance from an individual who said he was too weak to make it to the seat.I agreed on a price of $20. When I got to my seat, the persons next to me struck up a conversation and somewhere in the course of the game they asked me how much I paid for the ticket. When I told them they were disappointed for me because they had sold it for $10 to the guy I got it from. I guess I need to learn to negotiate better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They figure if you can afford IPTAY dues plus the.......

Sep 2, 2015, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Campus Update: Clemson ranked #3 for hotel price hikes on Gameday ]

season tickets and tailgate expenses then you can afford overpriced hotel rooms. It's called having you over a barrel.

If no one would pay it, they wouldn't charge it.

Sep 2, 2015, 11:04 AM

The fact that hotels get that rate shows there is demand for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2015, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Campus Update: Clemson ranked #3 for hotel price hikes on Gameday ]

It absolutely is right. It's called capitalism. Love it while it still exists

What you're doing is called a false dichotomy.

Sep 2, 2015, 2:02 PM

Just because something isn't right doesn't mean I think it should be illegal.

It's not right to cheat on your wife, but I don't think it should be against the law.

It is pretty dang messed up the lengths that a lot of these hotels go to to rip off customers. It's ok to say it. You can support capitalism and still say that price gouging is a poor business practice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Price gouging" is a false term.

Sep 2, 2015, 2:20 PM

If you think something is priced too high don't buy it.

If someone or a business thinks they can get a high price then they take the risk that no one will pay it.

If you want to complain about it, then complain to whatever government entity generally has created a situation where there is little competition. Air bnb will probably make a dent in hotel prices at places like Clemson so long as the governments don't squash it with regulations and such.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does it say when the price goes down....

Sep 2, 2015, 9:59 AM

Boise St.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I stayed at the Tillman Hotel this summer

Sep 2, 2015, 10:02 AM

while my wife attended Dabo's Ladies' clinic, I asked them what their rates were for the Notre Dame weekend. Get this - $599 a night. And they were booked out!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sep 2, 2015, 10:12 AM

Gotta love that Boise State's prices drop by 2% on gamedays

Sep 2, 2015, 10:36 AM

The hookers that rent rooms hourly must be season ticket holders

Hookers

Sep 2, 2015, 11:31 AM

And where would one meet said hookers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm glad I can make the drive to/from Atlanta......

Sep 2, 2015, 10:15 AM

with no trouble.

blasted capitalism

Sep 2, 2015, 10:34 AM

and that pesky free market economy!
Tnet Marxists unite!!!

Do you propose we cap the rate? Thus creating even higher

Sep 2, 2015, 10:35 AM

demand? Wow....that will solve the shortage of rooms on gameday.
What else would solve the scarcity of rooms?

Re: Do you propose we cap the rate? Thus creating even higher

Sep 2, 2015, 10:44 AM

A nice hotel owned and operated by the university would be nice. If we can afford a useless oculus we should be able to find a few million bucks for something fans might enjoy!

The James F Martin Inn is university owned and operated***

Sep 2, 2015, 10:46 AM

And when 10,000 people compete for

Sep 2, 2015, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you propose we cap the rate? Thus creating even higher ]

200 rooms...how will you determine who gets the room? Should they write a paper on how much they love Clemson?

Sigh ... I wish I didn't have to stay in G'ville for

Sep 2, 2015, 10:39 AM

game weekends.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have to PAY to PLAY and what I don't like...

Sep 2, 2015, 10:45 AM

is hotels in G'ville requiring you to book two nights. It's a PITA!

So, are they overpriced for games, or underpriced the rest

Sep 2, 2015, 10:59 AM

of the time?

If someone can rig a mobile hotel, there is an opportunity

Sep 2, 2015, 11:02 AM

hmm. My entrepeneurial spidey senses are tingling.

The average price seems low and they left out 2 night min.

Sep 2, 2015, 12:31 PM

I've heard of rooms going for allot more in Clemson

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Sep 2, 2015, 1:53 PM

makes me glad to be moving to clemson in about 3 weeks!

I have never rented a room in Clemson, but grew up in Asheville, and once you get past 123, there is very little traffic up 133, so you can be home pretty quickly. Currently live in Anderson, I think the longest it ever took us to get home from the tailgate spot was about 1hr 15mins.

I hope it never takes me longer than 30 minutes ever again! honestly I'll be able to walk home from Notre Dame faster than I can drive, much faster if I take a bike with me

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Sep 2, 2015, 2:15 PM

If you have a spare room you should rent it out on game weekends.

You'll probably cover your mortgage for the month.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic