Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If my tide co-workers complain about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

If my tide co-workers complain about

Jan 10, 2017, 11:09 AM

The so called "pick", I think I might just quote Steve Mariachi's "bummer" response and move on. I think that would drive them crazier than explaining why it wasn't a pick.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If my tide co-workers complain about

Jan 10, 2017, 11:13 AM

Just remind them of two targeting/ejection calls not made.

Jan 10, 2017, 11:15 AM

Only two? Haha!

My first thought exactly.***

Jan 10, 2017, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: If my tide co-workers complain about ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 10, 2017, 11:19 AM

Actually I will have to work hard to tamp down my enthusiasm. They were both gracious and complimentary in victory last year and didn't gloat, so I will return the civility. It will be hard not to go on and on about this victory though!

Character shines through brighter in adversity

Jan 10, 2017, 11:21 AM

than the good times. You'll know who they are by the end of the day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Character shines through brighter in adversity

Jan 10, 2017, 11:22 AM

True!!

Jan 10, 2017, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: If my tide co-workers complain about ]

^^^^Maybe YOUR tide co-workers are gracious while around you, but I worked in B'ham 10 years and know how they really are. They will talk, but just not around you. And they will gloat, but just not around you. You're just not seeing / hearing it.

Anyway, I still have numerous Bama friends, and they are definitely better than some fans.

Jan 10, 2017, 11:29 AM

should have been defensive holding against Scott. There was NEVER a rub. Scott was taken down by the cb.

It didn't turn out to be a pick, the Bama guy grabbed Scott***

Jan 10, 2017, 11:41 AM

Tell them the game should have been over 5 sec before

Jan 10, 2017, 12:20 PM

Renfro's catch. There is practically no chance Williams would have missed they ball if the db didn't interfere. Watson's pass was in the perfect spot and Williams had the db beat. If you want to bring up how badly they were beaten, give them the stats. Yards, top, 3rd down conversions. We even gave them 2 fumbles. Arm yourself.

Jan 10, 2017, 12:23 PM

I live in Tennessee and have 3 Bama fans where I work..had to hear their crap 4 a year funny 2 of them called in today, lol and the other is a boss man. He's been in his office with the door closed all morning

Update

Jan 11, 2017, 10:40 AM

Back at work today. Bama coworkers, both women in their 60's, were all smiles, compliments, and congratulations today. One of them said she thought Clemson just wanted it more. Both talked about what a great game it was and were very complimentary of DW. No complaints for even mentions of refs. These same 2 ladies last year commented that they weren't sure the best team had won (again, that was last year they said that, not this year). I feel certain these 2 ladies are very sincere; even if they are not happy with the result, they are happy for me. Knowing their character, I should not have doubted how they would handle defeat. Just shows there are at least some gracious people out there for every fan base (well, almost every fan base).

Jan 11, 2017, 11:42 AM

Just have them read these and get versed on why their own guy made it legal:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/01/10/yes-clemson-ran-a-pick-play-to-beat-alabama-but-it-was-a-legal-play/?utm_term=.109422894f71
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/213207396/clemson-renfrow-winning-td-pick
http://nesn.com/2017/01/why-clemsons-pick-play-on-game-winning-touchdown-was-perfectly-legal/

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic