Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If my son played basketball for Rutgers about right now...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

If my son played basketball for Rutgers about right now...

Apr 2, 2013, 10:25 PM

I'd be traveling to NJ and beating that coach's a$$ and pulling my son out...this is incredible...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-college-basketball-mens-tournament/news/20130402/mike-rice-abusive-behavior-at-rutgers/?sct=hp_t11_a1&eref=sihp

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If my son played basketball for Rutgers about right now...

Apr 2, 2013, 10:36 PM

Tough love. My bb coach in hs was very similar. (not the racial slurs.) but throwing basketballs at you and getting physical with you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2013, 10:40 PM

Tough love in terms of coaching does not involve throwing #### at your players and acting like you are going to punch them in the face while you call them faggots

Apr 2, 2013, 10:47 PM

again i don't think the slurs are good but it's the bobby knight philosophy which is not that bad imo. We need to stop the wussification of our society. Don't confuse yelling and being stern with a player as an attempt to cause eminent danger to the player.

The yelling and screaming may be borderline acceptable

Apr 2, 2013, 11:04 PM

But, throwing basketballs at players and hitting them in anger isn't even close to acceptable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The whole video is sad, and in the end a sign of a very

Apr 2, 2013, 11:08 PM

bad coach thinking his way will get him somewhere. He looks like an idiot and I'll take the "wussification" coaches who are playing this Saturday over this arseclown anyday. I agree with the OP.

Which is exactly why I don't like Bobby Knight.

Apr 2, 2013, 11:41 PM [ in reply to Re: If my son played basketball for Rutgers about right now... ]

Being tough and demanding is one thing. Being a nutjob with an uncontrollable temper who bullies his players is a different thing altogether.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

agree....there's no place for acting like this***

Apr 3, 2013, 8:18 AM

This is a classic example of "hindsight is 20/20"

Apr 3, 2013, 8:39 AM

The coach will be fired before the week (possibly the day) ends.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

there's no doubt...you can't have this type of behavior

Apr 3, 2013, 8:58 AM

tolerated within your institution....amazing we tolerate behavior amongst coaches that if it happened anywhere else in an organization you'd be fired and everyone would understand. If an administrator screamed this type of stuff at a professor he'd be fired...if an admin screamed this at a co worker they would be fired. But yet we give a coach a pass. There's no place for this...you can coach without being an SOB.

There are two local high school coaches .....

Apr 3, 2013, 9:33 AM

here in the Golden Strip area who act similarly. One is a softball coach and the other is a volleyball coach. The coaches are two of the biggest a$$hats I have ever encountered and the manner in which they treat players is alarming. However, because they win alot of games and send a fair number of players on to play at the collegiate level, the conduct is tolerated by the school.

amazing...just got an alert from ESPN that he was fired

Apr 3, 2013, 10:35 AM

by Rutgers.

Good.......maybe the idiot will think twice about how acts

Apr 3, 2013, 10:46 AM

IF a next job comes along where he can be in that position of power

Based on the public outcry, Rutgers really had no choice....

Apr 3, 2013, 10:59 AM [ in reply to amazing...just got an alert from ESPN that he was fired ]

and frankly, they should have come to this conclusion independently weeks ago before all of the public pressure mounted.

Where's Craig James when You need him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 2, 2013, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: If my son played basketball for Rutgers about right now... ]

N/M

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2013, 10:57 PM

These clowns and Maryland. The B1G got themselves a couple of keepers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How big a boy are you?***

Apr 2, 2013, 11:03 PM

6'3" 275 lbs but my son is the same size so I don't have

Apr 3, 2013, 9:16 AM

to worry about him too much. Together, we can handle just about anything! lol

I bet that coach was bullied in school

Apr 3, 2013, 12:22 AM

now he is taking his anger out on his players.

Apr 3, 2013, 8:28 AM

100% agree. That coach should have already been let go

My son had difficulties making sure he dribbled in the

Apr 3, 2013, 8:33 AM

toilet appropriately, although, admittedly, he was quite adept in football and track. Unfortunately, his height prevented active basketball participation, which was my great fortune, due to my general apathy toward the game. Thus, I wouldn't have to be concerned about a BB coach's behavior...strange to some, offensive to many...and downright obscene, perhaps, to his players themselves. May the bird of Paradise fly up his nose and tickle his innards and his toes...God only knows what that man knows...Seems to me he just blows!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a player, you expect a coach to be tough with you,

Apr 3, 2013, 9:18 AM

but if my coach ever threw a basketball at my head as hard as he could, I don't care who he is that's going to end up in a fight with him. That's not only an insult to you as a basketball player, but as a man and human.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic