Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If it winds up that 4 16-team Super Conferences is going to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 977

If it winds up that 4 16-team Super Conferences is going to

Jun 27, 2012, 10:48 PM

happen, Clemson will be in one of them, it's that simple. Of the four, the only one that's assuredly not going to happen is the Pac.

Until that process is absolutely set in motion (remember the Pac, B1G, XII and SEC all say they're not expanding), we need to simply the stay the course we're on - which means recruiting at the highest level, winning conference championships, taking our level of play up even further notches than we did last year with a team nearly half full of freshmen, and remaining calm and stable in the eyes of the nation.

Keep in mind we were ahead of the game when we formed the advisory committee last year, and though we've publicly stated unity with the ACC, the leadership has also stated that nothing is set in stone forever and that they're focused on what's best for Clemson.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To much common sense and not enough grandstanding

Jun 27, 2012, 10:51 PM

still, a thumbs up

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If it winds up that 4 16-team Super Conferences is going to

Jun 27, 2012, 10:52 PM

You aren't getting the Big 10 either. Clemson isn't an AAU school. That is required to join the Big 10.

I'm trying to find the University of Nebraska on the AAU

Jun 27, 2012, 11:07 PM

list, could you help me out?

If Clemson chose to be a member of the AAU, it could certainly do so. Our research programs are massive and expanding at a record pace. For all of Barker's blustering, he's constantly raised the academic bar and it shows. The new research campus being built in Charleston is world class, on top of the ICAR and other programs in the upstate.

In other words, it wouldn't stop us from going this route if that were our most attractive option.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And as I posted several days ago----on the day Clemson

Jun 27, 2012, 11:15 PM

announced the multi-million dollar education center (which, incidentally, will be built next to Clemson's Wind Turbine Drive Research Center), usuck announced it was opening a "Welcome Center" downtown Charleston that will sell T-shirts and other tourist memorabilia.

Draw your own conclusions

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who says that they wont a non-AAU school if they decide to

Jun 27, 2012, 11:08 PM [ in reply to Re: If it winds up that 4 16-team Super Conferences is going to ]

expand to 16 teams?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Replies: 5
| visibility 977
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic