Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shameful Clemson fans are asking outlandish prices for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 1

Shameful Clemson fans are asking outlandish prices for

Nov 19, 2012, 5:31 PM

tickets for Clemson / USC game. I have seen prices 3,4,and 5 times the face value. I have season tickets and know what they cost. These people trying to rob fellow Clemson fans for ticket prices need to be ashamed. I am trying to find out thru Clemson how these prices are even legal and how they are getting away with this. Just sad. Whats wrong with selling them for face value plus maybe $10 to $20. Just remember greed and money is the root of all evil!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And people who flip burgers should

Nov 19, 2012, 5:36 PM

get healthcare!

Econ 101 supply and demand.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Also I have a hill ticket for sale.

Nov 19, 2012, 5:37 PM

100 bucks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Obama voter, I presume.

Nov 19, 2012, 5:44 PM

Capitalism at its very best, JT73Tigers. I don't recall on this board anyone beating down the doors to pay "face value plus maybe $10 to $20" for Ball State or Furman tickets. People are charging so much because they are hoping that's what the market will yield.

Were you so outraged... when these same fans

Nov 19, 2012, 5:47 PM

had to pay $40 for a Furman ticket, only to sell it for $10?

GTFO, whiner.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

exactly! Clemson fans are pro-capitalism.

Nov 19, 2012, 5:57 PM

No room for the weak. Sweep the leg Johnny!

Yeah, can't understand why it's "shameful"...

Nov 19, 2012, 5:58 PM

It ain't a charity.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget the Seat Equity Plan

Nov 19, 2012, 6:01 PM

Season ticket holders pay as much as $700 per seat in IPTAY donations for the right to buy the tickets.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With any luck, JT73, noone buys them. Supply and demand my

Nov 19, 2012, 6:04 PM

rear. Economics, my butt. Obama voter, my good Lord. Burger flippers deserve healthcare, my crotch. Just shameful greed. Sell them at face to a Tiger friend or relative or something unless you just truly have pressing financial matters. It is the holiday season. People need cash. I can see that.

Your way is still capitalism at work

Nov 19, 2012, 6:11 PM

If nobody buys them, the prices were set too high. Nobody would pay that kind of money for Ball State or Furman so people either ate the tickets or sold them for well below face value. Can't have it both ways. Discounts for crappy games and premiums for great games. It's the way our great country was built.

I couldn't care less, Buddyjack. It comes down to what kind

Nov 19, 2012, 6:25 PM

of person you are. Some people see dollar signs. Some people see they can't go to the game or have extras and want to hook a friend up or something at face value. You can go on your country was built this way speech all you like. The typical excuses for both sides of looking at this have already been thrown out. Have a good day and happy scalping.

Re: Shameful Clemson fans are asking outlandish prices for

Nov 19, 2012, 6:06 PM

This is the same guy who wanted to give $20 bucks for my $50 ticket last week.

Nov 19, 2012, 6:13 PM

As in most things, the ticket is worth what someone is willing to pay. If someone is 'willing' to pay $2000 for a ticket, then sell the ticket for $2000. It's not price gouging because it's a luxury. You have a choice. Pay the asking price, or watch it on TV.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2012, 6:23 PM

I agree. When tickets are selling for below face nobody complains. If you want tickets its going to cost you this week.

so who should get it if not highest bidder / market price?

Just pick you over the 100's of other people willing to pay face? Why?

You are wrong. $$$ is not the root of all evil. It is the love of money that is the root of all evil. If you can get them for double the face, you better get them and consider yourself blessed. Many don't figure the IPTAY contributions that must be made just for the privilege of buying these tickets. Many sellers are loosing big money selling at double the face value.

If buying these tickets is putting you in a hole where you

Nov 19, 2012, 6:29 PM

need that badly to recoup your money, then you maybe need to repriortize your financial obligations, or just admit you get Tiger season tickets as some sort of business venture to scalp them all and make money. Otherwise, I've always had the impression that people that go all in on Season Tickets can afford them easily. Maybe I'm wrong on that.

Other side of the spectrum

What if that is not what they want, but what they would take to stay home? Example, I will list the tickets for $1500 knowing no one will pay it, so I intend to go to the game. If they do pay up, I will take the money and run.

Re: Other side of the spectrum

Nov 19, 2012, 6:23 PM

I took my kids back by the stadium to get pictures of The Rock, field, etc. There was a line of people with tents set up waiting on tickets for Saturday's game to go on sale Monday morning. Now as I see it, there are one of two things on their minds. They REALLY want to see the game, or they see a way to make some money. If it's the latter, then I say they put in the work and sacrifice to acquire the tickets. If they can make a good profit off of them, good for them. That's Capitalism at its best. Apparently, as evidenced by our last election, a lot of people think these that put in the sacrifice should just 'share the wealth' at their own expense, no matter what they did to obtain it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You lost, IceBucket. Get over it and stop dragging your

Nov 19, 2012, 6:31 PM

loser party's wayward beliefs about others, which by the way is what made you lose, into this discussion about ticket prices. You losers just really can't help yourselves, even in large defeat.

Re: You lost, IceBucket. Get over it and stop dragging your

Nov 19, 2012, 9:26 PM

Filo Betto...just cash in some of your food stamps and you too can be at the game.

Not on food stamps.....never have. Sorry to burst that

Nov 19, 2012, 9:28 PM

bubble you live in. Suck it.

I would doubt that any season ticket holder

Nov 19, 2012, 6:28 PM

has EVER come out ahead overall in the ticket-selling game.

We (ticketholders) take an absolute BATH over the years with all the dues, charges, worthless tickets, etc.

We happily buy them because we love Clemson. You have the same opportunity every season to do that. You choose not to.

Buck up and quit being a whiner.

Re: I would doubt that any season ticket holder

Nov 19, 2012, 10:24 PM

I'm sorry but being a season ticket holder does'nt give you the right to screw other people. I just don't see it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Supply and demand, coot! Go get your free Obama phone!***

Nov 19, 2012, 9:29 PM

Honestly...

Nov 19, 2012, 9:33 PM

the schools are JUST as bad. Least these "fans" aren't
making MILLIONS to rip people off.

Re: Honestly...

Nov 19, 2012, 10:25 PM

Thats becuase the schools have a much bigger racket to play with.

there will be cheaper tickets outside of stadium

Nov 19, 2012, 9:35 PM

so don't sweat it.

Just waiting for someone to say "pick up tickets for

Nov 19, 2012, 11:20 PM

half price outside the stadium". Good luck.

Nov 19, 2012, 9:36 PM

It's simple, really. If you want to go, you pay the price; if not, you watch the tv.

Nothing like being there, but the choice is yours...

BTW, I can't go...sold my lower deck pair for $700...someone will have a lot of fun...they felt it was worth it...and I did, too...

Mark two more Coots down for being in the lower deck

Nov 19, 2012, 9:38 PM

I'm sure team allegiance isn't an issue in the free market capitalist world.

Nov 19, 2012, 9:41 PM

Sorry to disappoint....sold them to a '58 grad...

At least you helped out some older South Carolina grads.

Nov 19, 2012, 9:42 PM

I'm sure they will be more respectful Coot fans.

Nov 19, 2012, 9:46 PM

There are even students selling their tickets! It's terrible. I camped out all week last week and got stuck on the hill. Now I see students trying to sell their lower deck tickets to other students on several of the Clemson student groups on facebook for ridiculous prices. I know people who showed up the day of ticket distribution, and got hill tickets. I personally don't mind the hill, but it wasn't what I camped out all week for.

Nov 19, 2012, 9:47 PM

Ok, read carefully....a 1958 Clemson graduate bought my tix for $700. He could afford them and felt he got value; it's too bad you don't feel likewise...or maybe you just can't afford them...

I can comprehend what you are saying, and kinda messing

Nov 19, 2012, 9:53 PM

with you. I just hope you didn't know that guy on a friend/personal level.

Re: I can comprehend what you are saying, and kinda messing

Nov 19, 2012, 10:28 PM

Yeah because was ripped a new one, whether he thinks so or not. I guess it's easy for people who have the dough to just flush.

If it make you feel in better, I have a couple I would sell

Nov 19, 2012, 9:51 PM

500 each. I plan on going to the game, but that is how much it would take for me stay at home and watch it on TV. Plus they are 2 of the best seats in the house. Plus I wanted you to add that xome people are almost selling them for 7 times face value.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://brainsoup.net/pictures/whiteflour.gif

Nov 19, 2012, 10:00 PM

Where market supply meets market demand, it is said to be in equilibrium.

And I'm not going to even charge you tuition. You're welcome.

Nov 19, 2012, 10:03 PM

Consider joining iptay and getting season tickets

I bought two tickets Saturday outside the stadium for

Nov 19, 2012, 10:13 PM

$60. The tickets had a face value of $50 each. The seller lost $40. I felt bad, but not bad enough to pay $40 more when the market at that moment wouldn't support it. They probably felt bad, but $60 was better than two pieces of cardboard with a seat number on it sitting in their pocket.

I'm sure the people selling the tickets have sold tickets for less than face value many more times than they have the other way around. They are just making up for lost revenue. More power to them.

Basic Economics - this is good!

Nov 19, 2012, 10:26 PM

Most shamecock fans (ie gas station clerks) cant afford to pay those kind of prices. At least keeps tickets in the Clemson family.

Nov 19, 2012, 10:28 PM

Sell for market value and donate profits. That is what I do. BTW This is a stupid thread.

Re: Re: I would doubt that any season ticket holder

Nov 19, 2012, 10:29 PM

How in the world is it "screwing" other people?!? There are plenty of fair ways in which to purchase season tickets. If you choose not to take that route, you are at the mercy of those who hold them. Handouts are reality folks, that market only exists in Washington.

You're kidding, right?

Nov 19, 2012, 10:30 PM

We couldn't go one year and we sold our seats and our parking pass to clemson fans for nearly a grand. THey were willing to pay it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: I can comprehend what you are saying, and kinda messing

Nov 19, 2012, 10:31 PM

Just because someone has more money than you, does not imply that person owes you something. Get it together, bud.

Re: Re: I can comprehend what you are saying, and kinda messing

Nov 19, 2012, 10:38 PM

Just because you buy season tickets does'nt mean you have to screw anyone else either bud.

You mad bro?***

Nov 19, 2012, 10:40 PM

Re: You mad bro?***

Nov 19, 2012, 10:41 PM

You?

Nov 19, 2012, 10:47 PM

"Somethings wrong with your medulla oblongata"

Nov 19, 2012, 10:48 PM

That aint what momma said!!!!!!!

I don't think some of these folk (because in case anyone is

Nov 19, 2012, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: I can comprehend what you are saying, and kinda messing ]

keeping up, if you are saying anything against insane scalping prices then you are a poor, handout loving Obama supporter) are comprehending that it is a personal decision on how you want to handle selling your tickets, and to each his own. My personal feeling is I would just get rid of them to a family member or friend and put Orange in the seats at face value and move on. It is obvious many of you see it as a business opportunity and nothing more. How you folks equate any of this to Washington, Obama, poor/rich, etc. etc. is pretty funny to me...

Re: I don't think some of these folk (because in case anyone is

Nov 19, 2012, 10:52 PM

I agree with this guy.

It cost me $225 per ticket

Nov 19, 2012, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: I can comprehend what you are saying, and kinda messing ]

Once I factor in my IPTAY donation and the ticket price. Frankly it should be more than that since I certainly don't pay IPTAY big bucks to watch us play Furman.

Now I don't sell my tickets but if I learned nothing while getting my master's degree in economics from Clemson it is that price in an open market should be where the supply meets demand.

You and everyone else has the option to get season tickets if you don't have to worry about resale ticket prices but that would likely cost you more than 2, 3, or 4 times the face value. You presumably decided not to take that option this year, it seems you now must pay for that choice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't really care honestly...

Nov 19, 2012, 10:54 PM

I look at this way, it at least may prevent the coot roaches from buying too many tickets that they should never have to begin with. I'd rather the freakin seats be empty than to have that trash filling our stadium. Secondly, if a coot does buy them...maybe they'll feel good about paying an outlandish price for a seat just to watch their team get dismantled. Let me season that wound with a lil salt...

That is kind of what I was driving at earlier. Let's not

Nov 19, 2012, 11:02 PM

fool ourselves into thinking all these Tiger scalpers are getting rid of them to Tiger fans, regardless of the price, so think about that when Sunday morning rolls around and everyone is bitching and moaning about how much garnet and black was in the crowd, regardless if they just witnessed an #### whipping or not. It cracks me up the notion of selling tickets to a friend/relative at face value seems to be a foreign concept to most people here and actually gets insults hurled at you.

Yeah, unfortunately there's no real way to control that

Nov 19, 2012, 11:11 PM

I would, myself, give my tickets to siblings or friends who are tiger fans before I would sell them to shamecock fans for 5X face value. I know many probably don't believe me, but then again, I don't think anyone on here truly knows my disgust for the Usuc fanbase. In my opinion, if giving those tickets away to a CU fan gives me one more screaming voice that could help lead to a win, it's worth it.

I hear ya, Tall Tiger. I can't imagine having a relative or

Nov 19, 2012, 11:26 PM

friend I know wanted to go the game, and I couldn't, and the only thing I could say to them with a smirk on my face is,"Got 500 bucks?, because that is what USC1945 on EBay will pay for them right now. You don't. Sorry, man. Free market."

Well how about selling to someone calling

Nov 19, 2012, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Yeah, unfortunately there's no real way to control that ]

Themselves a tiger online? Just because someone has "Tiger" in their handle doesn't make them a Clemson fan. If I knew a Clemson fan (and not just from some message board) looking for tickets and had extras that is a completely different situation and my pricing would reflect that (just ask my Clem alum brother).

With very few exception I don't assume that people buying are Clemson fans. Heck many would just as soon buy at face value and turn around and sell them for 2-3 times what they paid (I have seen it happen to many times to believe otherwise). Last week for example someone I know sold a ticket to a Clemson fan for $25 (wanting a Clemson fan sitting next to them) who turned around and sold it to an NCSU fan for $50. Thus the original seller lost $25 on the deal. Selling tickets is a business, get used to it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is definitley another unfortunate ugly side, and a side

Nov 19, 2012, 11:37 PM

I know happens. Strictly speaking about this game coming up, maybe I'm just ignorant, but I have to believe everyone knows someone they could get rid of those tickets to where that wouldn't be a problem. You have to be a grade A a-hole to take tickets from a family member or friend and then turn around and scalp the crap out of them unless they have essentially told you,"I don't care what you do with them."

There's absolutely no way to control that situation

Nov 19, 2012, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Well how about selling to someone calling ]

I know of someone (indifferent to Clemson) who routinely buys tickets to many different events (including Clemson games) and resales them for a higher price to anyone who will pay. They'll often sale an item with them so as not to be accused (legally) of scalping tickets claiming that the tickets themselves are a free added bonus.

My post was regarding myself and what I'd do if I had the ticket(s). I know that many usuc fans have acquired tickets from Clemson fans but I would just have to hope that all my Clemson brethren surrounding the Usuc fans would let them know why Clemson Memorial Stadium is the REAL Death Valley.

Yeah, I've seen those a-holes on EBay many, many times.

Nov 19, 2012, 11:58 PM

I guess to all of our Economics majors that crawled out of the woodworks today and tonight and joined this thread, they would consider that guy a brilliant businessman and a hero to our Founding Fathers.

Actually the scripture says

Nov 19, 2012, 11:33 PM

Money is the root of all kinds of Evil, not all.

Actually it says THE LOVE of money is the root of .....evil***

Nov 19, 2012, 11:58 PM

NB4 we here what ever translation says******

Nov 20, 2012, 12:24 AM

I've got one for sale... for only $2. But I'm charging a

Nov 19, 2012, 11:36 PM

$198 transaction service fee.

Is this a pro-choice thread? Or a pro-ticket thread? I need to get my picket sign right***

Nov 19, 2012, 11:43 PM

Nov 20, 2012, 12:13 AM

Well I'll give you face value for "your" tickets. Tmail me and we can meet up and complete the transaction. Thanks in advance.

Nov 20, 2012, 12:39 AM

Coots to pay. Easy way to keep them out of DV
Like going to the car lot, seeing the 1984 camaro with T-tops you always wanted. Slick Steve says he'll take $7995 for it as is, and KBB sez it's worth $1150.
What do you do????? By now the missus wants that bleached blonde hairdo blowing in the wind goingntowardmLexington. So....you take their financing plan which is $199 down, $375/month for 66 months(and you got a free tank of gas).

bout 12 miles outta the dealership, some truck driver is overheard on the CB raidio provided by Slick Steve that they outta see the two a$$ holz in that camaro. oot and Cootie pull of to the side of I-25 East to get out and look, and a wayward Chicken Truck hits the median trying to avoid a possum, and takes out the Camaro. Sadly M/M coot were on their way to Lexington to get insurance on the new ride.

Morale of the story? Price em high so,the coots can't get in, then sell em for face value to Clemson Fans, Alumns, et all just before game time, and do it in front of the I-26 drivers. Send them home in time for their fourth time replaced radio with a coat hanger antenna to broadcast,
"Touch Down Clemson, TD, Sammy Watkins" three or four times.

Go Tigers!!!! Pluck that Chikin,,,,

Replies: 68
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic