Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There is a very good chance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 116
| visibility 1

There is a very good chance

Feb 10, 2014, 8:26 AM

that we have a gay football player on our team. It's almost certain that we have had gay players in the past. Try to remember that when you feel the need to bash someone for something that you don't understand.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is a very good chance

Feb 10, 2014, 8:31 AM

You may be right and if we have had players with an unusual preference, at least they kept it private while they were playing.

Why should they have to?

Feb 10, 2014, 8:36 AM

Swag takes his date to the football banquet and everybody posts a picture of them from her twitter and instagram. I'm thinking you have this double standard, although I could be wrong, where you think gay athletes should hide their relationships, while straight athletes can do whatever they want. Am I right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Pigs??***

Feb 10, 2014, 8:37 AM

nm

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because being gay is a deviant lifestyle choice,

Feb 10, 2014, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Why should they have to? ]

and in many people's eyes a wrong and disgusting one. If they want to be gay, fine that's their choice, but don't flaunt it.

Especially when it could cause problems in the locker room, that would be selfish to throw teammates in that situation just to try to prove a point or something

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Maybe this young man being drafted is putting it out there

Feb 10, 2014, 9:19 AM

to avoid problems in the locker room. Whoever drafts him knows about it, and will be prepared.

Eventually it will be a non-story and nobody will care.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

If it ever comes to that point I think that will say a lot

Feb 10, 2014, 11:17 AM

about how bad the morality in our society has become. I'm pretty sure that if you polled nfl players on the condition of anonymity that most would not want an openly gay person in the locker room. It's a non issue if they don't have a press conference anouncing. If they keep it to themselves then it's not a big deal.

When societies morals degrade past a certain point, that country/empire falls apart i.e. Rome

So accepting people because their lifestyle is

Feb 10, 2014, 11:31 AM

different than yours is immoral? And furthermore, that acceptance will lead to the falling of our society? Is that what you are really telling me right now?

Re: So accepting people because their lifestyle is

Feb 10, 2014, 11:34 AM

That's what I'm getting.

Seems like rhetoric that plays on the human fear of "difference" and "unfamiliarity." I.e. that which is different or unfamiliar MUST BE a threat of some kind.

I can't recall a time when that view has turned out badly for humanity. Can you?

Nope, that normally ends pretty well for humanity

Feb 10, 2014, 11:36 AM

like that time some dude in Germany decided there shouldn't be anymore Jewish people.

maybe like crump he didn't approve of the funny?***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The difference being, you can choose to be Jewish, and you

Feb 10, 2014, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Nope, that normally ends pretty well for humanity ]

cannot choose to not be a homosexual (well you could, but that would be the same as a heterosexual choosing to be a homosexual...as in you wouldn't).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: The difference being, you can choose to be Jewish, and you

Feb 10, 2014, 11:38 AM

Mind=blown

You do know Hitler was trying to get rid of a race and not a

Feb 10, 2014, 11:43 AM [ in reply to The difference being, you can choose to be Jewish, and you ]

Religion right? There are different definitions of Jewish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You do know Hitler was trying to get rid of a race and not a

Feb 10, 2014, 11:45 AM

So what you're saying is we should only persecute the effeminate folks who ACTUALLY LOOK gay, and leave the beards be? You can still practice queerness, you just can't look queer. Something like that?

What will we do with guys who look "metro"?

Feb 10, 2014, 11:47 AM

Will they be spared or persecuted? Obviously there are still some kinks to work out with this plan.

Let's draw the line at Capri pants- cool?***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What will we do with guys who look "metro"?

Feb 10, 2014, 11:52 AM [ in reply to What will we do with guys who look "metro"? ]

Slippery slope. First, we'll lynch all the guys out on Wednesday night in fitted suits. Next thing you'll know, we'll be throwing beer and spitting on guys in button-downs with hur gail.

maybe 'woohooing' should break all ties?***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:57 AM [ in reply to What will we do with guys who look "metro"? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cutigerbob, please report to the persecution line

Feb 10, 2014, 11:59 AM

Thank you.

Will there be whips and chains involved?

Feb 10, 2014, 12:02 PM

Giggity!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

get em get em!

Feb 10, 2014, 12:03 PM [ in reply to cutigerbob, please report to the persecution line ]

get that wooohooer!!!!!! Get em out of here!!!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when they find the cure will you choose to take it or remain

Feb 10, 2014, 1:21 PM [ in reply to The difference being, you can choose to be Jewish, and you ]

mutant?

can't wait for the movie...

oh wait.

Re: So accepting people because their lifestyle is

Feb 10, 2014, 1:55 PM [ in reply to So accepting people because their lifestyle is ]

I don't understand why it matters. Just let homosexuals be homosexuals. I don't want them to flaunt it because I think it's wrong. I would be just as aggravated if a stripper was flaunting her self in front of me because I won't go to a strip club. I stand by my religion disagreeing with it but I will not persecute them. If the opportunity presents itself I will openly (with maturity) convey my beliefs to them. It's why I don't support movies with lots if sexuality in it (#### or not). I can still be friends with them to a degree but I don't want anything to do with encouraging it.

I'm A-ok with ignoring what grown-ups do in their bedrooms.

Feb 10, 2014, 2:14 PM

I'm A-ok with ignoring what consenting grown-ups do in their bedrooms. Can everyone just please, for the love of Pete, leave what they do in their bedrooms in their bedrooms? Hey, dude, if you like to play the beef flute, that's your business. I don't care. In fact, I don't even want to know. I'll keep what goes on in my bedroom right there, in my bedroom. Please, please, please, you do the same.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope he doesn't go to the Dolphins, could get rough***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Maybe this young man being drafted is putting it out there ]

Why?***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:42 AM

Incognito and the boys hazing the rookies***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:44 AM

You mean this guy...

Feb 10, 2014, 11:45 AM

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/richie-incognito-tweets-support-michael-sam/

No I was referring to the mean guy.***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:47 AM

Nice set up there GWP!

Message was edited by: elwyn07®

wow....

Feb 10, 2014, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Because being gay is a deviant lifestyle choice, ]

BTW, the Missouri team didn't seem to think so.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

So?***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:17 AM

Re: So?***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:19 AM

ESPN has asked players their opinion and 90% said they didn't care. It wouldn't effect them. That is reason enough for me to believe it will have little effect on the locker room.

What are you, 12 years old?

Feb 10, 2014, 1:55 PM [ in reply to So?*** ]

So.... you stated that I could cause problems in the locker room and I pointed out that it didn't at Missouri. SO I'm suggesting that it's not as big of a deal as you're implying.

Perhaps that's what the "12" in 2012 means?

Feb 10, 2014, 2:07 PM

I mistakenly believed it to refer to the year 2012. That's my bad.

By the way, don't know if you saw where I posted this link, but it also refutes 2012

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/richie-incognito-tweets-support-michael-sam/

I was commenting more on his very insightful response, "SO?"

Feb 10, 2014, 2:14 PM

I coincidentally chose selected the age of 12.

Coincidentally or

Feb 10, 2014, 2:19 PM

subliminally? Hmmmmm

Have you ever stopped to think why

Feb 10, 2014, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Because being gay is a deviant lifestyle choice, ]

there are so many gay people in the world if this is some kind of choice? Why would you willingly choose make yourself an outcast?

You think being gay is disgusting - well that sure is an easy 'choice' for you! You're so morally superior because you aren't attracted to men...

Deer EOYOT, the word you're looking for is "bigot".***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have you ever stopped to think why

Feb 10, 2014, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Have you ever stopped to think why ]

You mean guys don't just up and say one day "screw the wimminz, I want some of that man spunk?"

I was told that there was some switch that was flipped as a result of some choice or ultimatum.

Too confused now.

Gays in the world are a very small minority.

Feb 10, 2014, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Have you ever stopped to think why ]

Let me rephrase to avoid confusion, the gay lifestyle is disgusting, not the person him/herself. Hate the sin not the sinner is another way to put it. I have a very close family member that's gay, I love him but I hate his lifestyle.

Since I believe the Bible, and since the Bible states it's wrong, I therefore draw the conclusion that God would not make people gay thus already condemning them to h3ll. Hence making it a choice.

Where does The Bible state it is wrong?***

Feb 10, 2014, 1:40 PM

which bible???

Feb 10, 2014, 1:45 PM

photo 51pgQbAgipL_SX258_PJlook-inside-v2TopRight10_SH20_BO1204203200__zps615f32a4.jpg

was that helpful?

Pretty sure the Bible never states that "being gay" is a sin...

Feb 10, 2014, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Where does The Bible state it is wrong?*** ]

although it's pretty clear that any sex outside of the marriage bed is considered sin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

rut roh raggy...

Feb 10, 2014, 1:50 PM

i hope bed took its vows or i'm in trouble.

2012 refuses to answer that question on the grounds

Feb 10, 2014, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Where does The Bible state it is wrong?*** ]

that he just doesn't know. Alternatively, if he does know, then he refuses to answer that question on the grounds that if he tells you, we will all point out how he's a hypocrite.

That's because there isn't one. The dumb ones will

Feb 10, 2014, 2:16 PM

immediately spout Levitical law.

ZOMG LEVITICUS 18:22 SAYS IT YOU NOOB!!

As they're wearing a shirt made of a combination of different materials...also explicitly forbidden to Levitical law...

And the so many more stupid things listed out in Leviticus that so many people aren't following.

NEWS FLASH: Levitican law does not apply to modern Christians.

Then the smarter ones will bring up 1 Cor, 1 Tim, & Romans, all of which are mistranslated.

The fact is, a committed homosexual relationship isn't against The Bible.

Re: That's because there isn't one. The dumb ones will

Feb 10, 2014, 2:56 PM

Romans isn't mistranslated, the idea of the whole chapter is a bigger picture than homosexuality ( I.e. Idolatry ) but I believe Paul addresses that the homosexual practices are wrong

While we're on the subject,

Feb 10, 2014, 3:02 PM [ in reply to That's because there isn't one. The dumb ones will ]

what other parts of the Bible are we throwing out? Just curious for future debates

Well I prefer to pick and choose

Feb 10, 2014, 3:04 PM

;)

I keed, I keed

No, I'm actually extremely busy at work today so

Feb 10, 2014, 3:01 PM [ in reply to 2012 refuses to answer that question on the grounds ]

I'm not able to respond with regularity like normal. By the time I check back it's not worth it to dive back into the 30+ responses either lol

Message was edited by: CUtiger2012®

Priorities man!***

Feb 10, 2014, 3:05 PM

Could you tmale those to my boss plz? thx***

Feb 10, 2014, 3:05 PM

She's on the Tigernet too?

Feb 10, 2014, 3:06 PM

What's her user ID?

;)

Re: Where does The Bible state it is wrong?***

Feb 10, 2014, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Where does The Bible state it is wrong?*** ]

1 Corinthians 6:9

Glad you brought that up. That is actually a very common

Feb 10, 2014, 2:12 PM

mistranslation.

Here's the King James of that verse: “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived, neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves . . . shall inherit the kingdom of God.”

The "effeminate" is often attributed to homosexuals in this verse; however, the Greek word translated is "malakoi", which literally means "soft". Paul is referencing "soft people". There were different connotations depending on context use in those times, here's someone much more versed in Greek than I explaining it for you:

This common Greek word had different connotations depending on the context in which it was used. In terms of morality, it generally referred to something like laziness, degeneracy, decadence, or lack of courage. The connotation was of being “soft like a woman” or like the delicate expensive fabrics worn by rich men. In the patriarchal culture of the time, women were thought to be weaker than men, more fearful, more vulnerable, and more vain. Thus, men who ate too much, liked expensive things, were lazy, or liked to dress well were considered “soft like a woman.” Although this type of misogynistic thinking is intolerable in our modern society, it was common in ancient times and explains why the King James Version translated malakoi as “effeminate.”

But it is important to understand the difference between ancient and modern notions of what makes one effeminate. Paul wasn’t condemning men who swish and carry purses; he was condemning a type of moral weakness. The ancient Roman and Greek understanding of what it meant to be manly or womanly was quite different from today. First-century Romans didn’t think of effeminacy as merely a homosexual trait. In that culture, any man who was more interested in pleasure than in duty was considered to be woman-like. And men who worked to make themselves more attractive, “whether they were trying to attract men or women, were called effeminate.” They saw all pleasure-seeking men as effeminate, whomever they sought pleasure with. In first-century Roman terms, most pro-wrestlers in the WWF (manly men by our definitions) would be considered effeminate, because of their apparent interest in fancy, hyper-masculine costumes and posturing. From this perspective, Paul was condemning men who are vain, fearful, and self-indulgent.

In recent years, however, some have suggested that, in the context in which it appears in 1 Corinthians 6, malakoi may refer specifically to male prostitutes, who would have served as the receptive partner (i.e., soft, “woman-like”) in sexual intercourse. This translation is reflected in two of the most widely used modern English translations of the Bible, the New International Version and the New Revised Standard Version. Since malakoi was used to refer to men who exhibited the negative traits associated with women in first-century culture, it’s not hard to see how the term might also be used to refer to male prostitutes. They would be viewed as sexually indulgent (a trait associated with women) and as the ones who played a receptive role in intercourse (again, associated with women). Because here Paul uses malakoi in a list of sexual sins, it is possible to infer that he may have been referring specifically to male prostitutes, rather than soft men in general.

However, regardless of whether Paul intended to refer specifically to male prostitutes or more generally to all men considered morally soft, it is apparent that the term malakoi has nothing to do with the question we bring to Scripture. We are not defending prostitution, nor vanity or self-indulgence. Our question is whether same-sex couples may live in loving, committed relationships with the blessing of God. The term malakoi does not address that.

The next part of the verse "abusers of themselves with mankind" is derived from a rare Greek word "arsenokoitai"...and the real known meaning of the word is most likely unknown. Here's more quotation from someone very well versed in Biblical and Greek history continued...

The next key phrase in this passage is rendered in the King James Version as “abusers of themselves with mankind.” A similar phrase appears in a list of sins in I Timothy 1:10. Both phrases are derived from a single Greek word, arsenokoitai, which is quite rare. In fact, these two biblical references may be the first examples we have of this word being used in the literature of the time. Because the word is so rare, its exact meaning is probably lost forever. However, some scholars have worked hard to make an educated guess.

One translation technique is to look at the root words alone. Arsenokoitai is a combination of two existing words, one meaning “bed” and referring to sex, and another meaning “male.” Thus, some scholars surmise the term has something to do with male sexual expression — perhaps exclusive male sexual expression, since no woman is mentioned.

Unfortunately, this method of translation often leads people astray. For example, imagine a future translator coming across the word “lady-killer” two thousand years from now and wanting to know what it means. It’s clear the phrase is made from two words, lady and killer. So, it must mean a woman who kills, right? Or is it a person who kills ladies? The difficulty in obtaining a good translation is clear — particularly when we know lady-killer was a term used in the 1970s to refer to men whom women supposedly found irresistible.

A better way to understand what Paul may have meant by arsenokoitai is to look for other instances of the word in the subsequent writings of his time. This approach yields several telling facts. First, two early church writers who dealt with the subject of homosexual behavior extensively, Clement of Alexandria and John Chrysostom, never used the word in their discussions of same-sex behavior. The word shows up in their writing, but only in places where they appear to be quoting the list of sins found in 1 Corinthians 6, not in places where they discuss homosexuality. This suggests they did not believe Paul’s term referred to homosexual behavior.

A similar pattern is found in other writings of the time. There are hundreds of Greek writings from this period that refer to homosexual activity using terms other than arsenokoitai. If Paul had intended to refer generally to homosexual sex, or to one of the partners in gay-male sex, he had other commonly-used, well-known words at his disposal. He wouldn’t have had to resort to this ambiguous compound word, which future generations would find difficult to translate. Apparently Paul was trying to refer to some more obscure type of behavior.

So once again...where in The Bible?

is that the only translation or just the one you use?

Feb 10, 2014, 2:17 PM

it's important

I personally use the NIV, but I've found KJV to be a more

Feb 10, 2014, 2:19 PM

accurate translation of Greek, but more difficult to read.

so, no. i imagine the word or the bible & 'verse' are as

Feb 10, 2014, 2:24 PM

highly contested, even moreso, as the united states constitution[written far more recently].

h3ll, we'll never stop arguing the founding father's design as long as we have attorneys effing everything up...

;)

Just another reason I like soccerkrzy more than you***

Feb 10, 2014, 2:27 PM

because he's pliable?***

Feb 10, 2014, 2:28 PM

No

Feb 10, 2014, 2:29 PM

because he carries a purse

yes, that's what i said...

Feb 10, 2014, 2:31 PM

is there an echo in here?

;)

I need to start copyrighting my posts

Feb 10, 2014, 2:33 PM

so you can't keep stealing my material

who could appreciate it mohr than you?

Feb 10, 2014, 2:35 PM

you gave you credit.

When did you start having material?***

Feb 10, 2014, 2:36 PM [ in reply to I need to start copyrighting my posts ]

null

Last week, you were busy wondering what happened***

Feb 10, 2014, 2:38 PM

Nope, I refuse to do yoga with my wife...I'm not pliable***

Feb 10, 2014, 2:33 PM [ in reply to because he's pliable?*** ]

Pics of wife doing yoga? TIA***

Feb 10, 2014, 2:39 PM

if there isn't a religion named for this, can we make 1 up?

Feb 10, 2014, 2:48 PM

tia

But doesn't that prove his point?

Feb 10, 2014, 2:22 PM [ in reply to is that the only translation or just the one you use? ]

The whole issue of morality is based on a translation, for which there are many arguments suggesting the translation is inaccurate.

Don't worry, I'm working on the soccerkrzy translation that

Feb 10, 2014, 2:23 PM

will condemn Gamecocks.

At least we can all agree on that one

Feb 10, 2014, 2:24 PM

Plus Gamecock fighting is already condemned by law

it's about time we started to get some production out of

Feb 10, 2014, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Don't worry, I'm working on the soccerkrzy translation that ]

the 2 spot; thought we might have to shake up the line up.

;)

i think it means everyone has a right to their opinion when

Feb 10, 2014, 2:25 PM [ in reply to But doesn't that prove his point? ]

it comes to things of the heart & soul.

Sure, if they make it an opinion, but it is when they make

Feb 10, 2014, 2:34 PM

it a fact and turn into a bigot that's the problem...

i guess we'll leave all the labeling up to you?

Feb 10, 2014, 2:37 PM

i don't think so.

I'm not the one calling it a "deviant lifestyle"

Feb 10, 2014, 2:40 PM

Or... "And no.... You cant be a christian and be " tolerant " to homosexuality and think it's ok."

Or... "A tough thing to do at this point in time? It's never been more fashionable to be a pole smoker in the history of the world! He'll probably get a rainbow colored medal from ESPN or something. I wish these people would just keep their sexuality to themselves. I sure as #### don't want to hear about it."

Would you like me to define "Bigot" for you?

catholics & protestants don't even see eye to eye, why

Feb 10, 2014, 2:44 PM

the h3ll would you even try to have this conversation?

deer lowered, it's absurd.

Yes, go ahead and define "bigot"...

Feb 10, 2014, 2:45 PM [ in reply to I'm not the one calling it a "deviant lifestyle" ]

my Googler is on a smoke break.

lol, i envy your googler...***

Feb 10, 2014, 2:46 PM

It threatened a lawsuit...claimed I was discriminating

Feb 10, 2014, 2:47 PM

against it cuz it was a smoker.

Re: Glad you brought that up. That is actually a very common

Feb 10, 2014, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Glad you brought that up. That is actually a very common ]

I don't entirely by that it doesn't but your argument does bring up the possibility of ambiguity. What about Romans 1:26-28

You're partly right. And just for the record,

Feb 10, 2014, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Because being gay is a deviant lifestyle choice, ]

I find that viewpoint to be wrong, and morally repugnant. I know that most of the people that hold that view are fine---I mean, that's their choice. But I surely don't want them flaunting it.

It would especially cause problems in the locker room. You know, being a self-righteous, judgmental a-hole doesn't go over well in a team sport.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not a choice...

Feb 10, 2014, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Because being gay is a deviant lifestyle choice, ]

Why would anybody choose to be gay? Because they want to be discriminated against? Because they want to be bullied? Because they want to picked on and made fun of? Because they want to feel an attraction to someone of the same sex? Have you ever actually talked to someone that is gay to see what their side really is?

Jamie harper is that you?***

Feb 10, 2014, 8:37 AM

i am sure we have had drug users, women beaters, and others

Feb 10, 2014, 9:06 AM

,too, but they don't feel the need to flaunt it. i guess that is what i get most upset about. why do they feel the need to push their agenda on mainstream society ? to each their own, but when you bring it out to the public, you can't expect everyone to jump up and down with joy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't wait until a football player starts flaunting

Feb 10, 2014, 9:17 AM

the fact that they're a drug user and woman beater. You do realize those acts are illegal, right? I'm thinking that's why they don't flaunt it.

Re: I can't wait until a football player starts flaunting

Feb 10, 2014, 9:21 AM

As long as you say you're sorry, you can do whatever you want pretty much.
Signed,
Ray "man of the cloth" Lewis

Re: I can't wait until a football player starts flaunting

Feb 10, 2014, 11:37 AM [ in reply to I can't wait until a football player starts flaunting ]

Remember? Being gay is technically illegal here, too.

so

Feb 10, 2014, 11:54 AM [ in reply to i am sure we have had drug users, women beaters, and others ]

you are comparing women beaters, and drug user/dealers to gay people?

I know of at least one recent and prominent gay player

Feb 10, 2014, 11:11 AM

Don't know if he identified as gay when he was on the team, but he definitely does now. Either way, I'm not sure about the whole rage for finding gay elite athletes. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the sport.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

Tell 'em coot***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:18 AM

Re: There is a very good chance

Feb 10, 2014, 11:20 AM

Basically, the only thing I get from any of the anti-gay folks' argument is that "it makes me uncomfortable" and "(it is my own personal opinion that it's a bad lifestyle)."

Seems like a compelling enough reason to treat people like subclass citizens.

I like whenever they interject politics into it.***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:22 AM

Re: I like whenever they interject politics into it.***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:35 AM

I don't think there's anyway around it when you have a sizable portion of people who base their vote SOLELY on insignificant domestic social issues.

That, is a really good point.

Feb 10, 2014, 11:46 AM

Almost makes you wish they'd remove the (R) & (D) on the ballot box and remove the blanket (R) & (D) votes...but nope, the standard voter is probably too stupid to know who to vote for.

Re: That, is a really good point.

Feb 10, 2014, 11:49 AM

I had to give up explaining how I can be a registered Republican and still be a proponent of equal rights for all people. Too much effort and still got a puzzled look when explaining my definition of "conservative."

I just say I'm a Libertarian now so that people think I'm some kind of pot-smoking crazy and don't engage me.

I've become apathetic towards politics, mostly because

Feb 10, 2014, 11:52 AM

each side has reached too far of an extreme to ever accomplish anything helpful.

That, and to get to the level of most politicians, you have to become a corrupt, slimy, douchenozzle who lives in the pockets of big pharma, oil companies, and other major corporations who only care about padding their profits and couldn't give a flying #### about the citizens of the US.

Basically, we're screwed.

Re: I've become apathetic towards politics, mostly because

Feb 10, 2014, 11:56 AM

Pretty spot on.

I try to tell people I am a fiscal conservative and

Feb 10, 2014, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: That, is a really good point. ]

social moderate. They just give me a puzzled look and walk away. Liberals can't argue with it.

Re: I try to tell people I am a fiscal conservative and

Feb 10, 2014, 12:09 PM

There needs to be a term for people like us.

There is

Feb 10, 2014, 12:10 PM

It's called "common sense"

:)

Misspelled "coots"***

Feb 10, 2014, 12:11 PM

No, coots most definitely lack common sense***

Feb 10, 2014, 12:12 PM

I say I'm

Feb 10, 2014, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: That, is a really good point. ]

bipartisan. because I don't really have a party. I base my vote solely on who I think can make a difference. I agree with some republican and democratic views and vice versa.

and that's the story

Feb 10, 2014, 11:56 AM [ in reply to That, is a really good point. ]

of how Obama won the election

Frankly, if Romney didn't have Sarah Palin, he would've won.***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:59 AM

I thought he had Paul Ryan?***

Feb 10, 2014, 12:00 PM

Way. To. Ruin. It.***

Feb 10, 2014, 12:01 PM

Oh, I see what you did there***

Feb 10, 2014, 12:02 PM

Re: Oh, I see what you did there***

Feb 10, 2014, 12:04 PM

So he had Paul Ryan and Sarah Palin as running mates. That's against the rules, hence why he lost.

You would think someone would have double checked for that criteria before the campaign went in full swing.

But she's a hurtin' buckaroo.***

Feb 10, 2014, 12:05 PM

Hot, you misspelled hot***

fair enough

Feb 10, 2014, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Frankly, if Romney didn't have Sarah Palin, he would've won.*** ]

my point was that people voted for Obama just because he was black.......or whatever he is. I didn't vote in the last election because I didn't think either of them were worthy of the most powerful office in the world. so I guess I can't really comment on the president.

Re: fair enough

Feb 10, 2014, 12:06 PM

Very true. But if you consider those votes, you also have to consider the votes from folks who are voting based on who their pastor supports, or who are unfairly basing their vote on ONE issue. I.e. how many "Republicans" sat the last election out because they could not - in good faith - vote for a Mormon?

Thus letting a Muslim win

;)

Replies: 116
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic