Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If i am KB, my first choice woruld probably be
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

If i am KB, my first choice woruld probably be

Oct 10, 2018, 9:08 PM

Auburn. He reminds me of Nick Marshall a little. And Auburn has some talent at least. Bo Nix was highly recruited though, so there's that element of another 5 star freshman.

Arky makes sense from the Chad Morris perspective and it's at least a good offense even though the team sucks.

Kansas St seems like another good fit. NC St just got an FSU transfer so no idea if they could promise KB anything or not.

UNC just seems like an awful choice. Like one of the worst choices.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, KB has shown an uncanny ability to make bad choices.

Oct 10, 2018, 9:11 PM

Whether it be running the football when he shouldn't, or running away from his teammates and coaches when the going got tough.

I don't think UNC would be an awful situation for him. I mean, he could get a master's degree without going to class or taking tests, and also get to play football in front of hundreds of fans. What's not to like?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Hundreds of fans?

Oct 10, 2018, 9:14 PM

Every week isn't a rivalry week, you know?

Ha ha, very good point.***

Oct 10, 2018, 9:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Well, KB has shown an uncanny ability to make bad choices.

Oct 10, 2018, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Well, KB has shown an uncanny ability to make bad choices. ]

The going didn't get tough. He could see that the coaches were about to let TL take over imo. Yes he may have continued to play some but I doubt we would have continued to play both throughout the year. He did what he had to do if he wanted to try to get drafted. Not saying that he will but being the man at a school is going to give him the best chance. It is only a bad choice to those who don't like it. To him im sure it was the only choice.

I don't blame him one bit for wanting to redshirt.

Oct 10, 2018, 10:16 PM

But he was given the option to remain part of the team, but not play. Dabo offered him that, and he refused. To me, that was a great offer, because he could have remained a meaningful part of the team, continue to lead in some capacity, and maintain his redshirt year in order to play elsewhere next year. Plus, he could've used the rest of the season to continue to workout, receive coaching, and improve.

Instead, he quit like a child who didn't get his way.

Re: I don't blame him one bit for wanting to redshirt.

Oct 10, 2018, 10:33 PM

Or maybe he quit like a man who got demoted and wants to get a decent job somewhere else.

I applaud your decision to stay on the clemson university

Oct 11, 2018, 8:30 AM [ in reply to I don't blame him one bit for wanting to redshirt. ]

football team after you graduated . props to you and your contibutions at QB.

I also applaud KB for his contributions to the Clemson University Football team at QB.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Well, KB has shown an uncanny ability to make bad choices.

Oct 11, 2018, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, KB has shown an uncanny ability to make bad choices. ]

Those of us who grew up in rural South Carolina see Kelly as a great football player who managed to rise out of Calhoun Falls high school - not easy to do even with a year at Wrens. He was good enough to become the starting quarterback at Clemson University during a great run for us. How many times do you think he was totd in high school that he wasn’t good enough to be the quarterback at Clemson or any other elite University. A lot I am sure.
Kelly does not see himself as a second string quarterback with limited skills who should be replaced by a freshman. He rather sees himself as Cam Newton and wants to be able to prove it. He wasn’t going to have the chance here.
It is a big risk for him. He is losing the opportunity to be part of a Clemson class to go to the college football national championship playoffs for four straight years.
I wish he were still on this Clemson team, but I wish him the best and I am grateful his contributions. I personally hope that any kid who grew up in Calhoun Falls finds a way to succeed and I hope that he can reconcile with Clemson and enjoy returning to campus one day.

Re: If i am KB, my first choice woruld probably be

Oct 10, 2018, 9:13 PM

Two wrongs don't make a right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2018, 9:21 PM

The Heels don’t deserve a qb like KB but, right now I’d say he deserves them!

Oct 10, 2018, 9:23 PM

He may be looking at it from an education standpoint.

Oct 10, 2018, 9:31 PM

If so, he’s about to get one!

Oct 10, 2018, 11:39 PM

Ga Tech

Oct 11, 2018, 7:56 AM [ in reply to Re: If i am KB, my first choice woruld probably be ]

Good one. I think some people have their meter turned off today.

Re: If i am KB, my first choice woruld probably be***

Oct 11, 2018, 8:10 AM

Re: If i am KB, my first choice woruld probably be***

Oct 11, 2018, 8:14 AM

Thinking of himself selfish. That's a leader. He's in his own world. Really hope he regrets it every day. Especially when he's starting in the NFL. Hmmmm

There is a chance Fedora won't be there come January***

Oct 11, 2018, 8:11 AM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic