Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Chad Kelly tweets about Death Valley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Chad Kelly tweets about Death Valley

Jan 24, 2013, 8:07 AM

Chad Kelly tweets about Death Valley

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will meet up to your expectations and more. There's some

Jan 24, 2013, 8:37 AM

It will meet up to your expectations and more. There's something in these hills. Hopefully you will be able to relax and enjoy every moment. This is defintely a 6-ticket ride.
Go Tigers!

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember my first play at Death Valley

Jan 24, 2013, 8:45 AM

Well, to be fair I was playing in the marching band, not the team. :) But to say the experience was awesome and overwhelming would be an understatement. I did manage to actually play the entire pre-game show despite being as hot as I've ever been in my life, before or since.

They say most first-timers forget to play, they're so in awe of the experience and the noise. Rookie band members are warned about that before the first game, so they at least remember to stay in step even if nothing's coming out of their instrument.

Re: I remember my first play at Death Valley

Jan 24, 2013, 12:10 PM

My son was a section leader in Tiger Band and we always fed a bunch of band members. In 2007 when we opened with FSU on TV, we had a few rookies who were petrified. My son was telling them to forget about playing pre-game, to concentrate on marching instead. One had only seen games for TDP's skybox, and another had never even seen a Clemson game on television.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2013, 7:41 PM

That was my first Clemson game as well--I'd never been to one, and had only half paid attention to maybe 4 Clemson games on TV. My family was not originally from SC and neither of my parents like college football, so I wasn't a huge fan either. That changed in about 15 seconds as soon as I stepped foot onto the field and hit the first note.

My first year was 1991 and I was also told by all the upperclassmen not to worry about playing and concentrate on the marching. Fortunately I was able to do both. It is one of my greatest memories.

Jan 24, 2013, 7:42 PM

Sorry, that should have started "That was how my first Clemson game experience was as well". My first Clemson game was WAY before the 2007 FSU game. :)

I snuck out onto the sidelines during a game once

Jan 24, 2013, 4:42 PM [ in reply to I remember my first play at Death Valley ]

it was pretty cool

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2013, 4:45 PM [ in reply to I remember my first play at Death Valley ]

Well, now that Beyonce has done the same thing, I guess it's cool

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Chad Kelly tweets about Death Valley

Jan 24, 2013, 8:45 AM

I look forward to seeing the SWAG on the field, hopefully we will get to see you in more than mop up duty and in some meaningful game situations, with that being said I wish you and Tajh a healthy 2013....GO TIGERS!!!

He must have a role this year, which I am excited about

Jan 24, 2013, 9:55 AM

Poor Stout may transfer

If he sees the field in any other way than mop up duty...

Jan 25, 2013, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Chad Kelly tweets about Death Valley ]

it can only mean 2 things, both bad. Tajh is hurt or Tajh is playing terrible. He'll have his turn in 2014.

I think Kelly is a beast waitin to happen...***

Jan 24, 2013, 9:05 AM

Re: I think Kelly is a beast waitin to happen...***

Jan 24, 2013, 11:00 AM

I agree.... I am starting to love how much this man love Clemson.... I was kinda scared with how out spoken he was at first but the man says what he thinks and he thinks he is the best so I can't fault him for that. He has BEAST in his genes and in his work ethic a deadly combo in my opinion.... Talent can run in families and this man got it.... Do um dirty S W A G

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Kelly is a beast waitin to happen...***

Jan 24, 2013, 3:52 PM

What about Stoudt?? Why does everyone overlook him? He's put in quality backup time in my book.

That's probably part of the problem.

Jan 25, 2013, 11:56 AM

I think of Tajh as the present, Stoudt as the backup and Kelly as the future.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic