Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Howard makes the most of his opportunity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Howard makes the most of his opportunity

Sep 22, 2011, 2:15 PM

Howard makes the most of his opportunity

Tiger running back D.J. Howard felt like he had a lot to prove this past Saturday when Clemson hosted Auburn, and when he got his chance he made the most of it. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Howard makes the most of his opportunity

Sep 22, 2011, 2:28 PM

And you should be proud. You did a very good job and I'm sure you will get the chance to keep proving yourself....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He definitely made an impression

Sep 22, 2011, 2:32 PM

When Howard got his touches you could tell he was running with determination. I was very impressed with what I saw on Saturday and I'm glad he's a Clemson Tiger. That kid can flat out run.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He definitely made an impression

Sep 22, 2011, 2:38 PM

Keep workin hard and you'll get your time in the lime light! What does that bracelet say?

Sep 22, 2011, 2:37 PM

This is what i don't get. You should want to prove something to yourself every time you go out. Doesn't matter who you play. I know you had a chip on your shoulder...but play with one EVERY SATURDAY....not just one

Sep 22, 2011, 2:39 PM

i think what he meant was he had extra motivation going up against a team that basically told him he couldn't be a running back for them...i don't think he meant that he played harder against auburn than he will against other teams

Sep 22, 2011, 3:52 PM

And I think what i am saying is that you...as a player..should always have extra motivation to prove yourself. Jerry Ricesque attitude. Dude wasn't the most athletically talented WR in the league, but he always tried to outperform himself.

Sep 22, 2011, 2:55 PM

He definitely made the best of the opportunity. looked like a very solid an expereinced back when he was in there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dj Howard = 2nd best frosh on the roster

Sep 22, 2011, 3:25 PM

Honestly, through the first three games... Who has done more consistently?

I love Bellamy , peake, Crawford, and st Anthony but DJ has absolutely played mistake free ball and deserves 10 carries a game.

If he plays that well when his friends & family attends...

Sep 22, 2011, 3:38 PM

... then I hope they attend the FSU & VT games!

He's looked really good since the spring game. He hits the hold decisively and has good speed. He reminds me of James Davis. I love the way he fights for more yards after initial contact, but he's gotta carry that ball more securely in those situations. He was carrying it too loosely a few times against Auburn. I'll bet the coaches got on him about it.

Re: If he plays that well when his friends & family attends...

Sep 22, 2011, 3:43 PM

OMG! I can't believe I "thumbs upped" a Razz post. ;)

Re: If he plays that well when his friends & family attends...

Sep 22, 2011, 6:24 PM [ in reply to If he plays that well when his friends & family attends... ]

He reminds me of Marcus Allen or maybe even Hershel Walker a little bit. He is a very good RB, and I have no doubt he will play this week and every week with the same zeal he showed last week. A real star doesn't crank it up for one team and coast for others. He plays balls out every game, and DJ is a real star. I saw it in the Spring game, too. We now are getting that quality depth that good teams have. We need more quality OL and DL, but we are on the right track. JMHO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2011, 3:47 PM

I gotta say everyone in our section was saying "Andre Who?!?!" after DJ started waxin them.

Sep 22, 2011, 3:51 PM

I think he is the 2nd best running back on the roster, Bellamy will surpass him down the road after he learns how to secure the ball and hit the right holes. I am very impressed with howards yards after initial contact, were goin to need him to do that against a nasty fsu defense.

GO TIGERS!!!

Hey DJ...

Sep 22, 2011, 4:38 PM

FSU thinks you should have been a DB too...

Show then on Saturday...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2011, 11:07 PM

when i saw the first few practice clips of this guy i saw right away hes a natural for the rb position. it was exciting cuz u could tell this kid has "it", and i didnt have a clue if clemson would have depth behind ellington who was coming off surgery...ellington is a beast, but dont sleep on howard, the kid can play. also gotta luv having that true freshman who has to be the fastest college runner ive seen since rocket ismail launched at notre dame!!!!!

Bellamy is faster than CJ? I'm not so sure about that.***

Sep 23, 2011, 11:11 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic